Matchmaking Problems on 31.12. and 01.01

P4Nch0theD0G

Yesterday and today were probably the worst matchmaking days I've seen in any game.

Constant bad lag during matches (teleporting players and such)

Constant Host Migrations

Up to 5 mins waiting to get into a single match: incoming, found match, everything gone, start again

Being thrown into lobbies that never start (setting up game) and you cannot quit

Lopsided games with even player numbers (5v1, 6v2)

One CTF went through the whole set-up, map-selection etc, with 5 people, started, put all 5 in one team, instant win, game over

Just FYI, 343

NAT: Open

DL 100mps

UL 6mps

Look, I'm not joking, or just being mad because I get killed all the time, but it's been like that since yesterday afternoon, CET time. I have about 1 match in 5 where everything works as it's supposed to work, the rest of the time it's just annoying and frustrating, especially being locked into a lobby you cannot leave except to dashboard or the lopsided games. I don't understand how the game can start with 10 people and you play 6v4. And I'm not talking about people leaving during the game or during start-up.

And all this only started yesterday, before I had consistently good matches, no problem getting into matches, finding matches, almost no waiting time, host migrations or frozen lobbies. Today I spent probably a third of the two hours I played just trying to find a game, waiting on a game to start or locked into a lobby, and I'm not in the empty playlists or lowly populated ones, either.

I'm pretty sure that Halo Servers and then the distance and the host's connection are the main reasons for lag, as well as inherent game net-coding. I seriously doubt it's my connection, since this only began yesterday. And I know people always say "it's not my fault", but before I even posted I've been through my connection several times, and all is good. I don't have similar problems in Spartan Ops, either.

And quite frankly, I do not see the correlation between lag and maximum download and upload bandwidth, as long as the bandwidth is not too low either way - which it is not. 10Mbps as ideal host would be weird, since half the world doesn't seem to have that much and still seem to be able to play - high-upload connections are not the norm, and as such are most likely not the benchmark setting for either a console or a game that are targeted at the broad masses.

And if anyone (343) wants to see some of the lag issues, and some of the matchmaking issues as well, you can take a look at my Fileshare, my GT is the same as my username here, with a 4 and two 0 in the name.

Check "Capture the Lag Prime" A and B. Two perspectives of the same lag, and nope, not a hologram...

And take a look at some of the rosters, too (Back-Button during movie), see how even they are...