Big Team Infinity Slayer would be more fun if.......

marcus903

You made the same topic twice.

Also the reason they get voted for every time is because the alternatives suck.

Longbow, Meltdown, and Vortex are just a lot of dudes milling around fighting on foot. Vortex has to be the worst map in the game, everywhere you are feels like you're in the open and helpless and there's no reason to go anywhere else because the whole map is just a clunky mess. Longbow is the map where you attack "Bravo" and never do anything else because every other part of the map sucks and reminds me of Vortex. Meltdown is almost good for two reasons: Mantises are awesome and action is good, sadly it's again all on foot. There's no point in trying to run a hog because you'll just be annihilated due to the map's layout, and the hogs/mantis are the biggest things on the map, which makes the map perhaps OK for 5v5 or 6v6.

The most common vehicles are ghosts and warthogs, both of which die instantly upon contact with the enemy. This is coming from a guy who specialized in Warthog gunning in Halo 3. There is nothing "Big" about most of the Big Team Battle maps, and they're mostly designed to trap vehicles, which makes them horrible for Big Team Battle. Vortex and Meltdown in particular are just deathtraps for vehicles. Someone can get within 10 feet of you without ever giving you line of sight on them.

So I will continue to vote for Ragnarok and Exile, even though Exile is one of the stupidest maps I've ever seen beause only one team starts with a Gauss Hog - arguably one of the most devastating badass vehicles ever seen in Halo - while the other team's consolation prize is a shorter RUN to a tank. "We gave the other guys a Gauss Hog, but don't worry, you don't have to RUN YOUR ASS OFF nearly as far as they do to get a tank." Oh by the way, they put a rocket launcher on the way to the tank IF you run from the Gauss Hog side. Have fun with your 3 second run in the tank, because you're going to get hit by rockets and then flanked by a Gauss Hog. Even THAT lousy deal is better than fumbling around in the canyons of Meltdown or in the pointless wasteland of Vortex.

To be honest, I prefer Ragnarok better than Exile.

That's because it IS better. I like it much more, but it's not always an option and the other maps are soooooooo bad that it's better to spend the game hiding from the tank and the gauss on exile than to run around vortex trying to find some purpose.