halo 4 servers down..reset to SR1?

Chr0nicconfusion

I'm having the same problems as Grunt minor, i can't get any challenges/achieve commendation, my armour has been reset to default, im SR-1 in matches, i can't access spartan ops or war games and im having troubles connecting to my friends on halo.

And this has been happening for 2 days now please sort it out 343i and soon.

Ok so since November 24th I haven't been able to play any games online. Now for my friends they can play Spartan Ops but I can't because it tells me the servers are down? When I go to Wargames it tells me that they have reverted to the default playlist and has everyone as rank numero uno. My friends have the full playlist available to them (meaning SWAT is up for them so not the default playlist). Obviously for some ridiculous reason I can't join up with my friends. I'm calling Microsoft tomorrow (since this is a Microsoft Studios game) and if this problem doesn't get resolved immediately then I'm just saying good riddens to my xbox. I've been through seven of the unreliable system in the past seven years. I'm still on my one and only Playstation 3 in that amount of time. Not to mention Planetside 2 is out now on the PC :) and new DLC is out for BF3.

So to all the people that are blaming 343 Studios all I have to say is that you guys are idiots. 343 Studios has worked on every halo game ever made as a part of Bungie. If Bungies budget reached its maximum for employees then you would just get switched over to 343 studios employment but still carry on with your same position/role in creating the current Halo game. Know your facts before you critisize please. Saying 343 Studios doesn't know what they're doing just proves that you don't know what the hell you're even talking about.

I will admit this new online system they're using for Halo 4 is ridiculously unreliable.

A) People can lag switch once again (which was prevented in Halo 3 and Halo Reach). So congragulations on making the first Halo since Halo 2 where people can successfuly lag switch once more.

B) Why is there no ranked playlists? Yes put in ranked playlists where you go from rank 1 to rank 50 like older Halo games, it was very fun.

C) We need a forge world map. Ravine and Impact are the only two that are even considerable for forge. These maps severely limit what you can do unlike on Forge World on Halo Reach.

D) Explain why this problem is happening to me and countless others. Why did you switch from the core online program of Halo 3 and Halo reach? Right now it seems like you guys just used a cheaper more unreliable alternative like most games are doing today.

Sorry but us true gamers appreciate actually true dedicated servers. SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) use to have amazing dedicated servers for SOCOM Confrontation and Killzone 2 for example. The most successful online servers for a console to date, not to mention basically hack proof. Try cheating on SOCOM Confrontation and the game locks up for everyone using self preservation of its game code to prevent anyone from cheating.

Client based online hosting is very frustrating for everyone. On Halo 2 we use to use a PC program that would access the game and FORCE HOST so we would always have host and therefore prevent us from running into people lag switching. If you were not using the Force Host option you could monitor connections and PING someone (kick them offline) if they did try Lag Switching or standbying.

Please resolve this issue I just want to play some Halo.

P.S. Great job on Dominion it's amazing.

So... I checked my Spartan just now and I noticed that my rank, after a few seconds as an SR-1, turns back to my normal SR-57 (yay!), but I'm still not connected to the Halo 4 Servers. What could this mean? Do I get to use my custom spartan and loadouts on the default server? Do I still have the same problem as everyone else or do I have a different problem all together?

Down for me for a straight 3 days. See Canadian friends all playing. Can't join anyone. Spartan ops says unavailable. Rank fixed at sr-1 should be sr-29.

Viewing my service record in-game says downloading but never shows up.

Waypoint froze the box once, then cleared system cache, reupdated and halo 4 section of waypoint home says loading error but clicked anyway. In waypoint my service record tabs all say loading error. Exception is the barracks box, latest, and data unlocked.

I'm a server developer / admin / hacker so I hope these details may help, it's definately a data problem on a server somewhere, or perhaps an update to refresh the data would work.

Also, pretty amazing downtime, the sky must've fallen (or your servers run Microsoft).

The worst is seeing no official or even off the cuff response from any staff. Really worries me that it's possible someone is in denial. Thanks for screwing up my day off I took to play. That was 2 days ago.

I'm a server developer / admin / hacker so I hope these details may help, it's definately a data problem on a server somewhere, or perhaps an update to refresh the data would work.

I was actually thinking the same thing. The game seems to go a little crazy after it says "Checking for downloadable content." I'm not sure if that's where they're having a problem or not but this is ridiculous. The only reason why I came on here is to see if they released any statement on the issue.

Are they still on "Thanksgiving Vacation?" Battlefield 3 had a similar issue when it was first released. They had release day DLC Back To Karkland pack and it was so glitched. A lot of things didn't work and it took well over a month or two for them to release anything to fix the problem. The meantime they didn't even say anything about the game until about a week before they finally fixed it. (I'm talking about holding certain guns above your head on certain maps so you can't even use them. Spawning with certain weapons on certain maps made your system instantly freeze.)

Seriously if developers keep slacking on their games they're going to lose customers. The most popular game played right now is League of Legends with 32 million different people playing it in the period of a month. Now I'm getting use to their amazing service and everyone else compared to them is falling on their face. As soon as a problem arrises they release a message instantly saying what the issue is, and what they're doing to fix it.

After being treated so great by one developer it makes me wonder why others don't take care of their games like it's their baby. They would make more money and have more loyal customers :/

I WANT TO PLAY HALO and I was at 109 out of 117 wins for that stupid monthly challenge. While it says servers are down you can't even earn anything towards any challenges or commendations.

Oh my god this is annoying me, i completed the Legendary campaign on Monday which took me all day to complete i already had the commendations for dawn requiem and forerunner on legendary but as soon as i get back to the menu it tells me i don't have the mark vi Armour because commendations cannot be earned because the halo 4 servers are down and that i have been put on a back up server it also tells me that i am SR 1 and am restricted to certain game types all my mates are playing it perfectly even my brother in the next room is having no problems why me?

343 FIX THIS RIGHT NOW IT APPEARS EVERYBODY IS GETTING MAD AT THIS PROBLEM AND IT IS GOING UN RESOLVED

WHERE IS GOOD O'L BUNGIE WHEN WE NEED EM, OH THAT'S RIGHT IT'S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY ANYMORE ITS YOURS 343 SEE TO IT THAT ITS DONE :rant: :rant: :rant:

this is such a great game and i love it, its just the fact we (community) have had no solution to fixing this problem

• Like 1

Hey, I just noticed this topic after I had posted my own, here was what I posted.

Hello everyone. For the last two days I cannot connect to the halo 4 servers. I have tried resetting my modem etc nothing works. when i log in to the game and go to spartan ops or mathmaking i get a message saying "The halo 4 servers are not available. please try again later. mathmaking has switched to the default playlist" When I try to join a friends party I also get the message saying "Could not be added to the party queue" I figured giving it a day or two may fix it, but it has not and I am still unable to play on the main servers or participate in spartan ops. I also verified my network settings and my NAT rating is set to "open". I have friends a few doors down from me having no issues getting on the servers so I am not sure whats going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Holy hell settle down, these things can happen and I'm sure they're doing what they can to fix it. Maybe you can go outside today and entertain yourself some other way? It's people with ridiculous priorities like yours that will send the human race back to the stone age. It's a god damn video game.

he paid 60 dollars or more for this game. He hgas ervery right to want to play it and 343 is an incometent company for not merely having these server problems that were never an issue on the previous Halos, I can't remember a single time when the servers for 3 or Reach where down for DAYS, but beause they're completely ignoring these problems and not even giving an explanation to the hundreds of people affected.

• Like 1

While I am selfishly pleased I'm not the only one with this problem, I'm still very annoyed.. Been 24 without being able to get onto servers, don't get me wrong, I love the game but I spent $129 on a limited edition to play ONLINE!! I hate sitting on the sidelines watching all my friends be able to play while I am not.. Given I also work selling games it becomes very hard to recommend the game when I know first hand the problems it's having.. Even if 343 could just confirm to me that there is a problem and they are fixing it would be something please..

• Like 1

It looks like the majority of us who have lost our connection to the servers are international customers or Americans that have multiple gamer tags on a single live account. I am extremely disappointed with 343. They have shown a disdain and disregard for their customers that has never been seen by any other company in the history of online gaming. They are really just trash. It's been 5 days over here in Korea, no connection. No word from the company. No acknowledgement from the company. No explanation of what's wrong or when a fix is expected. 343 is the biggest peice of cow **** ever to crawl out if the electronic gaming industry. Please, I am hoping and preying that your company goes bankrupt soon. It would really make me happy.

im still having the problems ALL of them its been a week or so for me still no joy i spent 500 euro plus for new xbox new fibre power internet and this game an some accessories and look at the service i get no play for a week still paying subscriptions for nothing have nothing to play its an absolute joke !!!!!! and for those people thinking its only america and such im in ireland if that helps your analysis. feel so robbed by this spent so much money and am getting the nobody treatment i feel for all you still having problems out there guess all we can do is wait its not fair but its all we can do :(

it has been 2 days for me and i went from 25 to 1 think this is unacceptable so if a 343 industries support person is looking at this i need my account to go back to normal i just dont understand how something this big can happen to a ton of people since the release and they havent released a patch/update ARE YOU GUYS EVEN WORKING ON ONE :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem as above. My profile appear as SR1 to the world however if you go to my service record everything is correct. The worst part however is that my loadouts are not usable during online game play. I am only given the option of default loadouts. How can I fix this? Is this something that 343 must fix? I have had the problem for about 3 days now, during all hours of the day. If it cannot be fixed, how can I receive a refund as it severely limits the online gaming experience being limited to an AR and DMR. Thanks.

name='Craig Parrish' timestamp='1357384248' post='221560']

Hi,

I am having the same problem as above. My profile appear as SR1 to the world however if you go to my service record everything is correct. The worst part however is that my loadouts are not usable during online game play. I am only given the option of default loadouts. How can I fix this? Is this something that 343 must fix? I have had the problem for about 3 days now, during all hours of the day. If it cannot be fixed, how can I receive a refund as it severely limits the online gaming experience being limited to an AR and DMR. Thanks.

[/u]

I'm having the exact same problem. And to all the people that say "calm down", it's MY money that was spent. Not your's. If this is 343i's idea of support they're full of it. No contact number. No email. Nothing. Call Microsoft and they said it's a 343 problem. This is turning into a joke. Problem is, the jokes on me. Why should I keep spending money on this? If things don't change within 343 soon the Halo franchis is heading into the dumps.

MG66