HALO 4 Trueskill Ranking Thoughts???????

x todge x

I have spoken to many people in the halo community that have played since halo 2 and they agree the halo 2 ranking system that is viewable and cool looking needs to be back or something similar. Before you say this is a new game, people will cheat, and accounts will be sold, please let me discuss each of these. First is this is a new game and yes halo 4 is a great new game but when viewable rank is made on a competitive play list to everyone you get people seeing how they add up to others and it makes you want to play your heart out so you can be the best and show your friends you are a whatever. It makes the game worth playing and 343 can look and they will find that doing this would make players addictively play halo 4 for a rank. Second is cheating, in today's world 343 has the technology to completely avoid the common cheating practices and this could be heavily monitored and besides that you always have people who will find a way to cheat even in COD this occurs. Lastly, is account selling, 343 has ranted how they dont want accounts to be sold. Lets think though if you add any kind of competitive rank do you think accounts will be sold?.....YES even in COD prestige out accounts are sold. I have a solution to help this although, in Battlefield 3 there is one account per disc online limit and if this was implemented with 343 accounts would be much harder to sell. The overall feeling I get is fun social halo is there but 343 needs to bring back competitive halo that the diehards love. Visible rank is a true way this can happen. Please consider these thoughts 343.

Thank you and please let me know your opinions on the matter,

Todge

I agree with this 100%. I miss the true skill ranking system from both H2 and H3. I don't think that account selling should be a problem though, it's going to happen regardless and It's really not a bad thing. It happened in both H2 and H3 and it didn't ruin the game. Both were so addicting and fun to play because of the competitiveness. I would hate to see what happened to Halo Reach happen to Halo 4 because of there not being much to work for. I believe that's the reason both H2 and H3 were huge successes.