why does my game stop in the middle of campaign

mak2049

Been having the same problem with certain campaign missions. First it was the Requiem mission, game froze before the first checkpoint and returned me to the title screen after 10 or 20 seconds of being frozen. Installed disc, still didn't work(before I installed the second disc; even after second disc installed still didn't work). Went and got a new disc, worked fine. Went through Requiem without any problems.

Then the Forerunner mission comes around. After killing the first Knight you encounter(after the hoard of Crawlers and when Cortana mentions the Knights for the first time). Go through the door, and as soon as I reach the point where you find the cache of Suppressors, Boltshots and pulse gernades, game freezes and returns me to the title screen after about 10 or 20 seconds.

Asked a friend to help me out by playing coop on the next mission(the jungle mission), worked like a charm through the whole mission. After scaring off the giant floating ball, mission ends and prepares for the next mission...and I get returned to the title screen after about 20 seconds of black screen. Tried loading up that mission that didn't start for me but did for my friend, and I still got returned to the title screen. Thus, I can't do s*** with the campaign without skipping missions.

Not a single scratch on the disc, so campaign should be working perfectly fine, but it's not. Friends say it's my XBox, which is only 3 and a half years old. But every other game I play works fine...except the one's that are scratched. So, in other words, Halo 4 is broken and is a derp game.

• Like 1