Unable to connect to Halo 4 servers

kristiancare

So I am having the obvious unable to connect to Halo 4 servers and I am limited to the default Playlist, it says my SR rank is 1 but if i press start im at my original rank.

I have had this since MIDNIGHT. Is there any solution to this issue or is 343 just going to keep randomly pushing people back onto these servers or am missing something.

The only thing I am able to confirm is what I already suspected that it is to do with each player's profile and not their connection... since with another gamertag on another console (but the same modem) it works ok. I thought it might be my connection since it was playing up recently but no...

On release day a couple of my friends had this issue when the rest of us did not and we concluded it was because they got the game a few hours earlier and hence created their profiles before us so were on a different server which was down. However by this token a few of my friends that started playing at the same time as me should be having the same issue and just aren't... it seems like it might just be random who gets sent to the backup server and who is actually able to play.

I was just going to log on briefly today to play the new Spartan Ops but due to some ridiculous decision on 343's behalf you have to be online to play an ostensibly single player thing...