Reclaimer Trilogy Predictions [SPOILERS]

SatanicBagels

Today I finally bought Halo 4 and battled my way through the campaign. I believe that I may have came to a prediction important to the future of the Reclaimer Trilogy and Halo franchise.

As we all know Cortana "dies" at the end of Halo 4.

I believe that the next one or two parts on the franchise will be devoted to the recovery of Cortana, or the reclaiming of Cortana to her previous state before rampancy. I believe that with the information we have as well as the logic that I use to get my prediction supports this theory perfectly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. In order to establish the name of the trilogy (Reclaimer Trilogy) as a likely clue to the story of the trilogy as a whole I will go ahead and post the dictionary definition of the word reclaim below this in a quote box. Many people assume that the reference Reclaimer is simply referring to the 343 Guilty Spark originating name given to chief in the first three Halo games. They would be correct... except that I believe that it has a double meaning.

1) To bring into or return to a suitable condition for use, as cultivation or habitation.

2) To procure usable substances from refuse or waste products.

3) To bring back, as from error, to a right or proper course; reform.

4) To tame.

This fits perfectly with the game situation. She has died and previously had a massive state of rampancy... should she be recovered and "healed" (more like fixed) then that would make Master Chief her reclaimer.

2. From a storytelling perspective it would be pure gold to have Master Chief go to all ends to rescue Cortana. Cortana and Chief have always had an inexplicable bond and having Chief save her would strengthen that bond tenfold. Also it would effectively be a futuristic video game version of Orpheus... a tried and true story and the kind that developers, writers, and artists aspire to.

3. Don't Make A Girl A Promise You Can't Keep... Last time Cortana said those words she was watching Chief fly away on a forerunner ship while she stayed behind on High Charity (coincidentally she was absent in most all of that game setting a precedent for 343i to follow). She figured Chief wouldn't be able to keep his promise and therefore said this. The situation was similar to the one she found herself in in Halo 4 when she said it.

So there is another major precedent. It foreshadows (to me at least) Chief rising above the occasion and saving her against all odds.

4. There is still a vast and mysterious number of forerunners that we will likely come across in the rest of this trilogy. Even if you think that Cortana's fate is irreversable you'd likely be wrong. In Halo 4 we saw a forerunner that literally "force pulled" Master Chief. The ways of the Forerunner (potentially the Precursors and Prometheans as well) are largely unknown to us. Who's to say we won't run across one (I believe there is one called the Composer who creates life) who can bring back and fix Cortana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here is my logic as to why Cortana will be brought back in Halo 5. I have seen a lot of threads with titles like "OMG YOU TOOK CORTANA FROM US" so manybe this thread can ease the minds of some of those members.

• Like 1