343 has desecrated Halo

VERNLER

From somebody who has played Halo since day 1 and has absolutely loved the game since day 1, been good at it since day 1, this is my take.

This will be TLDR but read it anyway blank.gif=)

I absolutely hate the multi player. Way too much like CoD, kill cam (which isn't even close to accurate in H4), nade indicators, perks, custom loadouts, calling in special weapons (ordinances), having to rank up to gain more access to guns, perks, etc. I don't think CoD is a bad game, I just don't enjoy how it plays out. I play Halo b/c I love how it plays compared to CoD. Everyone has the same weapons, weapons spawn at static locations and you have to make sure to control the power weapons, it takes a lot more time to kill someone (and consequently, more skill), you have to hit head shots, you actually have a chance in a 2 v 1 scenario, in this game you die instantly.

They took things out of Halo that have always been a part of it, and they added things in that never existed. Weapon spawns have always been a part of Halo. Weapons randomly fall out of the sky in H4? Really? Since when is that cool? Randomness potentially determining the outcome of a game? The other team gets a rocket with 6 rounds in it randomly and you find out the hard way? lol. The fact you can get insane power weapons from your ordinances is ridiculous by yourself. All of a sudden you're getting one shotted across the map by a binary rifle somebody just happened to get 2 seconds ago, really? You don't get scoped out when you get shot so snipers can just sit there and scope in to their hearts content and pick people off, or people just spam their dmr/br. Everyone getting sprint is fine with me, but give us something that tells us when it's used up and when it's ready to go lol. When a teammate dies, there is no indicator as to where he died, you can hardly tell if someone is shooting them or they are shooting someone else. The red X has been a very consistent part of Halo, one of the most common callouts is "one shot on my X", can't do that anymore for whatever reason. They made warthogs sound like freaking dirt bikes, I feel like I'm driving a toy not a beast of a vehicle.

Some maps have very little to use to call out or identify. They are so symmetrical or lack any type of unique aspect that you have no way of describing where someone is. And weapon spawns don't exist so you can't use those either, which you have always been able to do in the previous 4 games.

The menu interface is completely stupid, if you're the party leader you can't even tell who is in your party, you have to go to another menu to keep track of who is there. When you look at what your friends are playing it won't tell you the playlist they're playing or how long the game has left in it, or the score. You have to back your party out the second a match gets over or your stuck playing the same thing against the same people.

For all of this, I do like various aspects of the game. I like how they nerfed the overpowered vehicles from Reach - banshee, gauss hog, scorpion, and wraith. The amount of armor is awesome, I love that. The insane amount of commendations is great, I love that too. I love how they made the forerunners as enemies. The big guys that disintegrate when you kill them is awesome lol. The assassinations are fricking epic. I enjoyed the campaign overall. The cut scene videos are awesome looking, and the landscape is very cool looking as well.

Overall, I've never been so pumped for a game and I feel like 343 completely murdered it. Like Mario 2 for NES (which was never intended to be a part of the Mario series) so to is H4, it's simply not Halo, period.

And for the record, everyone I played with in Reach, who had a 2.0, 3.0 kd or higher in Reach and H3, agree with me.