Im all dor making Chief more human. But...

Reynolds817

No she won't. Halo 5 is going to. Be the darkest game in the series, and the return of Cortana would only make it cheerful. Sorry but you're gonna have to wait till Halo 6.

Can you explain how having Cortana in the game makes it "cheerful"? Was Halo 4 cheerful?

Where did 343 mention Halo 5 being the "darkest" in the trilogy?

From my theories and the way I see 343 taking this plotline into the next game, I'm almost certain she will return.

Can you explain how having Cortana in the game makes it "cheerful"? Was Halo 4 cheerful?

Where did 343 mention Halo 5 being the "darkest" in the trilogy?

From my theories and the way I see 343 taking this plotline into the next game, I'm almost certain she will return.

When Halo 4 and the Reclaimer Trilogy was first announced, 343 was asked about the rest of the trilogy, and all they said about Halo 5 was that it would be the darkest game n the series. That's such old news that I'm not even gonna put a source. And since Halo 5 is going to be darker, it would make sense if Cortana wasn't in it. Halo 4 was more cheerful than Halo 3 because Halo 3 had a feeling of despair and loneliness. With information that's been given to us, it would only make sense if Cortana wasn't in Halo 5

No it's not, found a soured e where they confirmed it in an interview

"O’Conner also stated that the trilogy will get much worse before it gets better, meaning Halo 5 will likely be a fairly bleak affair before Halo 6 resolves the coming conflict."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/halo-4-story-details-leaked/

So yeah, I would definitely say no Cortana next game

No it's not, found a soured e where they confirmed it in an interview

"O’Conner also stated that the trilogy will get much worse before it gets better, meaning Halo 5 will likely be a fairly bleak affair before Halo 6 resolves the coming conflict."

http://www.digitaltr...details-leaked/

So yeah, I would definitely say no Cortana next game

That doesn't really signify the absence of Cortana. Again, you seem to be associating Cortana with cookies and flowers as opposed to the opposite. There was nothing cheerful in Halo 4 even Cortana is in it. In fact, that "bleakness" that Frankie is talking about could mean both the conflict at hand with the Didact/Forerunners, as well as the fate that has descended upon Cortana and what she is now. Being dark and bleak in no way suggests that Cortana won't be there. Heck, everything that surrounded Cortana in this game is dark and bleak. Look at what she's become. A solution needs to be found from this dark fate that's fallen upon her.

Halo 5 would be a darker title if Cortana wasn't in it because Chief would be depressed. That's what I'm saying, and that's what I think 343 is going to do. It would just feel wierd to get her back during the game. I think there needs to be at least one game before we get her back.