Why is everyone bashing on Halo 4?

Re5pwning

Why are so many people talking bad about Halo 4? I honestly don't understand it. I've been around the forums and all I've really seen are people whinning that they suck at it, that they arn't creative enough to build on smaller maps, and the occassional CoD reference. The only real thing I see wrong with it is I would like the Infection Custom game back for making awesome game types. And honestly that's not game breaking to me at all. Halo has always been my favorite game and I have always loved it. Halo 4 is an amazing game and I don't think it really deserves all this bashing. 343 in my eyes has done and amazing job. So would someone tell my why they don't like it or their problems with it so I could understand more? Thanks.

*this is for discussion and not people yelling at eachother like I have seen in other threads so far*

• Like 1

I think many people had such unrealistic high expectations, they were bound to get let down. People expected perfection

I love the game, been so addicted since release, its fun. Sure you have to get used to it, its different than the previous halo's, but thats life. You have to try new **** out. In terms of sales the game has been successful so it looks like the general public likes the game too

Almost everything on that website. Plus the strategic elements that were removed, such as power weapon control (due to there being too many power weapons on the map at any one point, caused by the addition of ordnance drops and no set weapon spawns). I also feel like part of the things that made Halo 1-2-3 fun are missing. The combat used to feel very "in-your-face", but now no matter what the map is you're always trying to keep your distance, probably because you have an advantage with the DMR in those situations. I miss everyone starting out on equal-footing (starting with the same weapon as everyone else, nobody getting any perks/armor abilities that could lead to advantages). I think the core of the gameplay is very good, and honestly if they release a classic playlist with no sprint, armor abilities, perks, ordnances, or differences in starting weapons, and add weapons to each map I wouldn't have any major complaints. I feel like 343 ignored the long term fans that just want classic gameplay so they can go back and play without all the changes. I never could enjoy Reach because of the armor abilities, the DMR, and quite a few small things that aren't important enough to bring up.

If they set up a classic playlist, fix any bugs in the game, add some of the more important things that were removed from the game from H3->H4 and H:Reach->H4, make custom games more custom or at least as custom as they were in past games, and fix forge so that dedicated forgers can create awesome maps. I'd be willing to say this is one of the best Halo games to date.

There's plenty more I could bring up from a personal preference standpoint, but as of now I just want to see H4 be on par with H3-H:Reach in the areas that I mentioned in my post. Read through the website I posted and you'll see plenty of things that could and should be done to H4 for it to live up to my expectations. I'm sure 343 knows these things were left out, maybe due to time constraints, having to release on the set release date. So hopefully they can work on the game to appease any fans that feel dissappointed. I will add that I have never complained about any Halo game from Halo 1 through Halo 3, and I never was vocal about my opinions of Halo:Reach because even though it had it's downfalls I still enjoyed the gameplay. It's the same with this game, I can still enjoy it, it's just not as fun as previous Halo games in my opinion. In conclusion, I probably won't be playing this game near as often as the previous titles, and have already drastically reduced how much I play H4 since it came out.