Damage Tables and Stats Compendium

Dawn Wolf

I will continue to try to post more information in this thread regularly. In the beginning, I will start by posting the loadout basic stats. This is all from my own testing, please correct me if you feel I am mistaken on anything.

Full Auto Weapons

Assault Rifle:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 10

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 6

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 6

Magazine: 32

Total Shots to kill: 16

Storm Rifle:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 9

Magazine: Unknown, Overheats

Total Shots to kill: 15

Suppressor:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 12

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 7

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 8

Magazine: 48

Total Shots to kill: 19

Precision Weapons

Battle Rifle:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 4 (Bursts)

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 3 (Bursts, Headshot Able)

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 3 (Bursts)

Magazine: 12 (Bursts)

Total Shots to kill: 7 (5 with Headshot)

Note: Third burst to kill unshielded player kills before third shot

DMR:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 4

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 3 (Headshot Able)

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 3

Magazine: 14

Total Shots to kill: 7 (5 with Headshot)

Carbine:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 7

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 5 (Headshot Able)

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 5

Magazine: 18

Total Shots to kill: 12 (8 with Headshot)

Light Rifle:

Unscoped:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 5 (Bursts)

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 3 (Bursts, Headshot Able)

Magazine: 12

Total Shots to kill: 8 (6 with Headshot, 5 with Perfect Headshot)

Note: The fifth burst on a shielded target will bleed with last shot. This will kill a target if hit with 5 perfect bursts, fifth in the head.

Scoped:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 3

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 2 (Headshot Able)

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 2

Magazine: 12

Total Shots to kill: 5 (4 with Headshot)

Note: Combinations of Scoped and Unscoped shots can change shots to kill. 2 scoped shots plus 2 perfect bursts will kill.

Sidearms

Magnum:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 5

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 3 (Headshot Able)

Magazine: 8

Total Shots to kill: 8 (6 with Headshot)

Boltshot:

Single Shot:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 10

Magazine: 10

Total Shots to kill: 16 (11 with headshot)

Charged:

Shots to Destroy Shields: ?

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: ?

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: ?

Magazine: 2 (Consumed 5 shots)

Total Shots to kill: ?

Note: Can one shot kill if close enough. Boltshot can be charged to same effect even if only 1 shot remains in the weapon. The Boltshot's Burst functionality can be used before the weapon autofires. It can be released shortly after beginning a charge for (I believe) full damage. This makes timing charged shots much, much easier than waiting for the weapon to autofire.

Plasma Pistol:

Single Shot:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 4

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: 9

Magazine: Unknown, Overheats

Total Shots to kill: 13 (12 with bleed)

Note: 4th shot to shielded player bleeds health damage.

Charged:

Shots to Destroy Shields: 1

Shots to Kill Unshielded Player: ?

Shots to Shields before a Melee kills: 1

Magazine: 1, overheats

Total Shots to kill: ?

Armor Abilities

Notes: Active time represents the time the AA is actually active once used (if it is not stopped). Some AA's deduct energy for activation/deactivation, in addition to the steady burn of energy. This is reflected with the cost to use stat. Taking this into account the Uses without regen tells how many times the AA can be used (Viably, and or, absolute maximum) before a regen. Recovery shows how long it takes for an empty bar to fully recharge. I also posted the regen speed using the Armor Ability Efficiency perk, which cuts all regen time in half. However, the final stat shown here is the lag time before an AA will begin to charge after use. This is not effected by the AAE perk. This makes for some interesting data. All times are generally accurate, although may not be pinpoint, millisecond measurements. Unless otherwise stated, most of these abilities can be activated at around 1/3 energy.

Promethean Vision

Active Time: 5 seconds

Cost to Use: -2 Seconds/-40% Energy

Uses without Regen: 2

Recovery: 10 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 5 Seconds

Regen Lag: 2 seconds

Thruster Pack

Active Time: One Use

Cost to Use: All Energy

Uses without Regen: 1

Recovery: 3 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 1.5 Seconds

Regen Lag: 3 Seconds

Notes: While Thruster Pack has a very fast regen, it actually has high regen lag. Because of this, the AAE perk only actually saves you 1.5 seconds of real time. Needs all energy to activate.

Hologram

Active Time: 6.8 Seconds

Cost to Use: All Energy

Recovery: 6.8 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 3.4 Seconds

Regen Lag: No Lag

Notes: As soon as the Hologram is used, it begins to regen again. Without the AAE perk, the Hologram dies exactly when energy is filled again. With this, essentially you can always have a hologram out. When the AAE perk is taken, one can send out a Hologram BEFORE the previous one dies, although this will instantly replace it. The hologram cannot be activated without full energy.

Jet Pack

Active Time: 2.5 seconds

Cost to Use: Roughly 1/12th (Minimal)

Uses without Regen: Roughly 12 (Max), Viably 2-3

Recovery: 6.5 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 2.25 Seconds

Regen Lag: 1 seconds

Notes: Jet Pack can be activated consistently on and off without much cost. However, at least half of the energy meter is needed to achieve decent altitude. For any kind of high altitude reach, the entire bar is necessary, and a jump to start as well. Jet Pack cannot easily arrest a fall, and will burn immense energy doing so. However, do to the low lag and regen times, it can be used quite frequently.

Hardlight Shield

Active Time: 5 seconds

Cost to Use: -1 Seconds/-20% Energy

Uses without Regen: 4-5 (Max), Viably 3

Recovery: 10 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 5 Seconds

Notes: Shields do not regen while Hardlight is in use. Significant lag time after use endangers user, especially in CQC. Doesn't seem to "Whittle Down" from taking fire (Although I have not tested this thoroughly)

Active Camouflage

Active Time: 16.2 seconds

Cost to Use: Roughly -1.5 Seconds/-1/12th% Energy

Uses without Regen: Roughly 6 (Max), can be activated and deactivated often

Recovery: 14 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 7 Seconds

Notes: Modest Lag time allows fairly free use of Camo. AAE helps significantly if Camo is to be used often. Energy is expended evenly regardless of the activities of the user, unlike in Reach.

Autosentry

Active Time: 104 (Roughly) seconds, Roughly 1 second to Deploy

Cost to Use: Energy slowly whittles down when Sentry is on field. Costs all energy to Recall

Uses without Regen: 1 (Can be deployed again before energy is full)

Recovery: 18 Seconds

Recovery with AA E: 9 Seconds

Notes: Sentry can be recalled at any time, which will exhaust all remaining energy on it. The sentry can be deployed without full energy. Hopefully testing on the stats of the actual Sentry are to come soon.

Regeneration Field

Active Time: 10 seconds, 1 to Deploy

Cost to Use: Costs All Energy

Recovery: 30 Seconds (After field dies, 20 Seconds)

Recovery with AA E: 15 Seconds (After field dies, 5 seconds)

Regen Lag: 0 seconds

Notes: Requires all energy to activate. The Field instantly begins to regenerate energy once deployed. This means that while it takes a certain amount of time to "regen" energy, only a fraction of that time will actually be spent without a regen field. Furthermore, AAE drastically lowers this time. Taking AAE will change the actual wait between fields from 20 seconds to only 5 seconds, perhaps making this AA the most benefiting from the AA E perk.

UPDATE: 11/21/2012: Added stats on Armor Abilities, and updated Boltshot comments.

Things I learned while testing:

The LightRifle is very wierd and complex. High risk, High reward.

The Boltshot cannot kill single shot even with a full magazine.

The Boltshot CAN headshot.

The Boltshot can be fired for full damage(I think) long before it auto fires, making timing much easier than waiting for it to fire on its own.

The Magnum requires a full magazine to kill without a headshot, and is no longer equal to the DMR.

The three Full Auto weapons are astonishingly close in terms of damage.

The LightRifle and Plasma Pistol Bleed damage.

Edited by Dawn Wolf
  • Like 1

Really? Boltshot can not one kill with one fully charged shot? I was under the impression that it can. However, my only testing for this weapon has been done in Matchmaking so I've never tested it in a vacuum. Perhaps the people I've been one-shotting have had some prior shield damage or something.

Pretty good info, man. Keep it up.

Really? Boltshot can not one kill with one fully charged shot? I was under the impression that it can. However, my only testing for this weapon has been done in Matchmaking so I've never tested it in a vacuum. Perhaps the people I've been one-shotting have had some prior shield damage or something.

Pretty good info, man. Keep it up.

I think what he meant was it cannot kill with just one mag while being single fired. Charged up, yes it can one shot if they are close enough.

I think what he meant was it cannot kill with just one mag while being single fired. Charged up, yes it can one shot if they are close enough.

Yes, this is what I meant. I worded it oddly. The boltshot definitely kills with a charged shot, although one has to be pretty dang close. Of course, the single shot function cannot kill, even with 10 shots. I found this to be surprising, making the Boltshot possibly the only weapon in Halo 4 that cannot kill with an entire magazine (excluding charge or melee).

Good thread, keep on the good work. This just shows the problem with the DMR, it is basically identical with BR but with better clip size, precision and it will do the same DMG in one shot rather than three so it does not have a chance to miss one or two shots.

Well to be fair, as far as mag size, they did nerf the DMR by one shot. This means botht he BR (36 shots, 15 to kill) and the DMR (14 shots, 5 to kill) cannot fully kill three three targets. Although you are right, the DMR still has a small advantage on mag size.

Yeah I would like to get some info on the perks here. Some sutff is hard to measure. Thanks for the good words.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to thread: Added information on Armor Abilities.

I also discovered the little tidbit about the Boltshot (which explains why I've been doing so bad with it while everyone else was doing well). It can be fired shortly after beginning a charge. I think the damage is still full. You don't have to wait for it to fire on its own. Makes it much easier.

I also discovered that the AA Efficiency perk cuts all regen times in half. However, this does not effect the regen lag time. This perk especially benefits the Regeneration Field. It makes the time between fields absolutely minimal (5 seconds) instead of a whopping 20. In this way, it doubles the perk's effectiveness.

Hope to add more information soon, probably on Ordinance weapons and the other Perks.

• 2 weeks later...