Suggestion Thread (Or Letters to the Developer)

kingarthurreaza

343i Thanks for the effort you have put into the game. One can tell that your aim was to transform, even to surpass the gaming world of Halo. Granted, you will find this endeavor to be qute challenging, as there will always be people who are resistant, reluctant to change and like for things and situations to remain constant, others will welcome new developments with open arms; according to some scientists, these traits in personality stem from a complex confluence of genetics or biology, so the skies will fall first before people are able to agree to disagree in regards to welcoming or rejecting change.

That is the reason why Gamers will disagree on Halo in every respect imaginable. Some have hated it right from the start, for myriad reasons. Within the group that did like it, some disagreed on the changes implemented on the sequels, some disliking it and others welcoming them.

We will not find consensus on structural changes made on games (although, if one really wished to make every customer happy, changes could be implemented in a smaller scale, such as creating a specific game mode, say, in a multiplayer game, create a Classic Halo, or COD style Halo) , but we can agree that in regards to the execution of new features, one can have better agreement on what can be improved.

And so that's why I created this thread, so as to allow gamers to put forward suggestions in regards to the execution of features such as animation, graphics, sound, pace, storyline etc. I will begin the thread myself with some suggestions I feel could improve on the Halo 4 experience for us gamers, in case you are interested in providing us with the best gaming experience possible.

War Games is too quiet! It's impossible to hear anything. Beef up the sound volumes of EVERYTHING. I literally cant hear a mongoose that's 10 yards away from me even when I have my 5.1 surround sound on! Sure the weapons are loud when you fire them personally, but everything else going on around you is too quiet!

One improvement I can think of involves the visual depth of the game. One of the things I liked about Reach was that objects, visual cues on the environment, allowed for a more accurate representation of third dimenstional depth. I think the solution is quite simple, just implement a more constrained perspective on the center of the background, gradually extending it outwards as one widens the screen margins.

Animation as well was more fluid and solid in Reach; the former can be easily tweaked by adding and swapping some frames with more accurate movements, especially when about to start running. In comparison with Reach, the starting sprint or run looks a bit of ballerina- like, since it seems the sprite drags the tip of its back foot when stepping forward , and the latter I think it's so because whenever the character sprites move, they dont slide or glide over such as in Halo 4, but actually every step is accuratlely portrayed as if the sprite were actually stepping inside the virtual world.

• Like 1