Favorite Loadout

bpstiff

I think my current favorite for slayer would have to be:

Battle Rifle (or light rifle)

DMR

Plasma grenade

Jet pack

Firepower (allowing 2 primary weapons)

Mobility or Awareness (these two are interchangable for me)

Obviously, this changes depending on the map and game-type but I find the above loadout to be kind of a swiss army knife. I can handle any situation with it.

How about you? What's your favorite loadout?

I dont really enjoy headshot weapons as i like to get in close to do my killing most of the time.

Assault Rifle (or variant depending on my mood and the map)

pistol 90% of the time for when i need to rely on some head shotting, plasma when i need to deal with vehicles

thruster pack

Dexterity

shield

faster shield regen=regenning shield before enemy

dexterity=weapon switch/reload before enemy

thruster pack=crazy stuff capable in close quarters

People might call em noob guns, but i find jockeying for snipes boring as hell

I dont really enjoy headshot weapons as i like to get in close to do my killing most of the time.

Assault Rifle (or variant depending on my mood and the map)

pistol 90% of the time for when i need to rely on some head shotting, plasma when i need to deal with vehicles

thruster pack

Dexterity

shield

faster shield regen=regenning shield before enemy

dexterity=weapon switch/reload before enemy

thruster pack=crazy stuff capable in close quarters

People might call em noob guns, but i find jockeying for snipes boring as hell

Do you find the AR to be really effective? Do you aim for the head with it? I struggle mightily with that weapon.

I'm gonna try that out W01 it sounds fun.

Do you find the AR to be really effective? Do you aim for the head with it? I struggle mightily with that weapon.

I find it to be super effective in Halo 4 (as opposed to the previous games) at short range. If you're up against a DMR/BR and they miss 2 shots they're done for, if they miss 1 shot its a toss up. Remember to jump in the air/crouch right before they aim for the headshot after your shield goes down, gives u a split second longer to kill with the AR

AR is very effective if used correctly. its still important to hit with it just as its important to hit with a DMR or a BR. your just not punished AS hard for some bullets missing since your spewing out more bullets with less DPH (damage per hit)

some maps you may find you need mobility for constant sprints, but sprints are double edged swords because of that half second it takes to bring the weapon up from sprinting.

often times ill use my thruster to thrust in a arc around my enemey when my shield goes down. thruster ducks (crouch animationish) and gives sudden acceleration, really screwing up that head shot the DMR guy needs. the arc is so i can get some melee in usually. lots of times my kills are from melee and not the AR itself as i used the AR to weaken him for that one punch kill.

AR is very effective if used correctly. its still important to hit with it just as its important to hit with a DMR or a BR. your just not punished AS hard for some bullets missing since your spewing out more bullets with less DPH (damage per hit)

some maps you may find you need mobility for constant sprints, but sprints are double edged swords because of that half second it takes to bring the weapon up from sprinting.

often times ill use my thruster to thrust in a arc around my enemey when my shield goes down. thruster ducks (crouch animationish) and gives sudden acceleration, really screwing up that head shot the DMR guy needs. the arc is so i can get some melee in usually. lots of times my kills are from melee and not the AR itself as i used the AR to weaken him for that one punch kill.

Very cool. I'm gonna have to give that a shot as soon as I get home from work. It sounds like a fun change of pace.

Very cool. I'm gonna have to give that a shot as soon as I get home from work. It sounds like a fun change of pace.

keep in mind its still at best a mid>close range weapon, in the larger maps you may find it difficult to get good results, and dont be afraid to run away if a DMR player got the first shot on you.

keep in mind its still at best a mid>close range weapon, in the larger maps you may find it difficult to get good results, and dont be afraid to run away if a DMR player got the first shot on you.

Oh, of course. I'll probably run the class with the firepower ability and have a DMR/BR as a backup weapon just to help me ease into the new playstyle.

So far my favourite loadout is

DMR

Magnum

Plasma Grenades

Promethean Vision

Shielding

Dexterity

I also have a second loadout the same, except I replace the DMR with an AR. I tend to use the former on larger maps with better shooting lanes, and the latter on smaller maps, where close range kills are more frequent. I love the promethean vision because I get killed by crouch corner campers a lot less often. It's also good when someone is in Camo.