Not Joinable/Can't Connect to Halo 4 Server

Gregadethhh

I installed disc 1 and 2, then tried to invite my girlfriend through the roster and it said I was "Not Joinable" so I went Infinity to play multiplayer and it would not connect to Halo 4 server yet all my Xbox Live friends are partied up playing Campaign/Slayer?

I've tried EVERYTHING, re-installed both discs, restarted my xbox, restarted my router, deleted save file, cleared hard drive cache and the problem still persists

is anyone else experencing these problems or know of any solutions? I can't even play system link

I am having the same problem as well however my brother and his xbox who is literally 2 feet away from me and is playing spartan ops and is connecting to the H4 servers when his and my xbox are literally separated by a single board. how do i fix this and why is it my xbox and not his as well.

Do the rest of you use the Old generation Xbox360 or the New generation?

The reason why I ask is because my brother has the New generation and it works fine. However I use the Old generation and it doesn't connect properly.

How is it we are still having networking issues. Millions of dollars are spent on advertisement, hundreds of thousands of people expected to purchase this game and day one we can't play. 343 you EXPECT record breaking numbers in SALES, we EXPECT a FULLY FUNCTIONAL GAME. THIS NEVER HAPPENED WHEN HALO WAS BRANDED BY BUNGIE. I love when people say "It's day one, give them a chance", $60.00 later tell that to some one else. I expect to have a fully functional game WHENVER I make a purchase. Get your **** together!!!!

Actually yes it would have because it's not their fault that they made a game that works and don't have the servers to back the massive number of people who bought it on day one. Besides everyone was begging the company to release the game as soon as possible and that's what you got so stop bitching about the company it's not their fault that so many people bought their game within the first few hours of it being released it's still the first week its not gonna be perfect. Grow up and learn to fix it your self or be patient enough to wait for them to fix it.

Besides it's release date. ALL games have bugs and even if you're too stupid to notice it doesn't mean they don't exist. And the game itself is FINE it is their SERVERS that are having problems. Next time BEFORE you go ranting about how you hate how companies work and how they are selling you half-assed projects make sure it's the actual game itself that's messed up not something you have no knowledge of.

I tried my Gamertag on my own xbox and it messed up and when i used it on my brother's it messed his up too. BUT when my brother used his gamertag on both xbox's they worked. That's all i got so far. Sorry :P

fix to can't connect to halo 4 issue for xbox 360 go to your router and put NAT type to open for more info look on google very easy!!! i did it and it fixed mine i noticed because when i open the game at the bottom before it says can't conncet to halo 4 servers it says your nat type is strict will now turn to default and then doesnt work i changed my nat type now works :D

dude go to hell luciferwtf, you buy something you expect it to work.you dont buy an ipod and all of a sudden you have to wait for an update to load music onto it, **** you buddy.

Hey ********, calm the **** down. You sound like a ******* idiot. You are blind to not realize this happens to most games on their initial release date (most big games that is). With such a large number of players all connecting at once things happen.

When Halo: Reach (or Halo 3, I forget which one) came out Bungies servers literally started on fire due to overheating. They were completely melted. 343 may not have the server capacity its predecesors had at Bungie, but they ARE working to fix it. Sure I want it fixed just as much as the next. Staying at SR-1 forever isnt fun nor not being able to join friends for campaign. But god damn kid you are one angry individual.

343 has taken 5 hours of my life this week without me playing a single moment of the game. first in trying to play split screen with friends in my house who do not have live accounts, you try to sign them in as guest and an error comes up saying that they do not have a valid live account. and second trying to play online with my brother when we both have NOT joinable locks on are accounts. We did the research opened up are NAT 3074 and other ports, became experts on are modems and still could not play online together. halo 4 is not a multiplayer game in any way i am able to make work. i play games on a console so i can stick a disk in and play, not spend hours in menus fixing settings. i trust the halo brand because it has always worked. no more. 343 you really bit the dirt on this one, fix it make it easy and simple to use get me out of the menu's and into your game, which i here is great, to bad i can't enjoy it with anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started this problem. Started playing with my friends tonight and i couldnt join them and they couldnt join me

Should i just check tomorrow or should i do something about it tonight? ive done pretty much everything; restarted modem, checked my settings, and reinstalled disk 2. I hope this is cleared up soon.

• 3 months later...

its a server glitch on 343's end. far as I know when the servers start getting stressed they pick random accounts to put into a backup server for a random amount of time from a few minutes to weeks. only solution ive been able to find is removing your xboxlive account from your xbox and then recovering it without deleting any saved game info. other than that there hasn't been much if any info given out about it by 343 or Microsoft other than a post or two. and as far as Microsoft is concerned they fixed the problem months ago or so they said in a press release. occasionally it is for maintenance but for the most part at any given moment between a few hundred and a few thousand people are thrown into a backup server randomly for no discernible reason.