Other Media Tutorials

DjPro95

I know this may have been a topic one of THFE's recent videos, but I'm not sure. Could you guys possibly do tutorials involving photoshop, making backgrounds/emblems in particular? Or will you leave that to the rest of YouTube? I notice a lot of machinima guys like watching THFE, yet no one really explains how the friggin' amazing quality comes about.

Guest Psychoduck

Oakley and I could do tutorials on things like photoshop or video editing, and I suppose it's a possibility. I think that would sort of take the focus away from forge and Halo, which we don't want. I'm not sure why we would do something like that, when there are channles and websites devoted to that and e are focused on something else.

Understandable. Though it's not like you guys would ever let that dilute your goal. Expanding your videos however, expands your demographic, therefore your views and subscribers. Just food for thought.

THFE is popular because it has a clear focus and doesn't dilute the forge content with other videos that won't necessarily interest their viewers. Expanding into unrelated areas would result in losing many more viewers than those gained.

I'm not saying make an entire series dedicated to all this stuff. A few videos isn't going to ruin anything. It's not any different from what other channels do. One or two videos on some of the outside view ont the production of your videos isn't going to hurt.

As an avid viewer of the channel, seeing the stuff you guys do makes me want to learn the basics of how it's done. Having to search for that **** gets to be very time consuming. A lot of channels stick up small tutorials, that don't dilute their focus. For example: Arbiter617, who happens to be a pretty big guy in terms of machinima, does a few tutorials here and there. However, his purpose isn't to educate. He does because he's requested to. All I'm doing is requesting. Hear me out. If Oakley did maybe a video once in while giving a tutorial (honestly he's the only commentator that doesn't put me to sleep), no one is going to mind. The whole "Forge Focus" Nazi only bothers you and the other forge channels it seems like. Taking a step out of your focus to give a little additional education and information isn't going to hurt. But I digress. Nonetheless, I enjoy THFE's videos.

Guest Oakley HiDef

I have been thinking about branching out for a while and there are many pros and cons to doing so.

I want to make sure we stay halo related on our main channel. I am sometimes annoyed when on other channels they fan out so much that they lose their focus. That said, we still have room to make the occasional video regarding other topics. I'm thinking of doing the occasional "Behind the Scenes" video. Here we can change up the style a bit. In this series we could do behind the scenes for video editing and for photoshop use

I would hope that THFE stays just that. The HALO FORGE Epidemic. That's what you all re about. These videos are just a side thing, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like you'd be Machinima.com posting up silly videos that sometimes don't have anything to do machinima.