Halo 4 Forge Starting Map Idea

FTG Insanity

One of the major problems I have with Halo Reach's forge is that it's very annoying modifying maps already made and not having a blank canvas.

Maybe there should be starting maps specifically for forging with different styles of canvases.

For Example: A Map flat in a desert. A Map flat and snowing. A Map with slight hills. A Map with huge hills. A Map with snowy hills. Etc.

Or maybe there could be a switch to what style of map and maybe a way to shape scenery and weather effects.

Also maybe texture optimizations.

I believe that the more you give the community to work with the longer a game will survive. For Halo 2, it survived mainly off of its glitches. Halo 3 survived because it was the first strictly gameplay based Halo game. Halo 1 for its storyline and for it's PC counterpart. Halo Reach has forge and XP system but I feel it is not enough for it to survive as long as the other games.

It's possible but I'd like a larger foundry that is just a giant indoor area. As for toggling weather effects that would not be possible because the code would vary too much to add "snow" or "hills" all require seperate coding which wouldnt fare well in the middle of a game.