Halo 3 Modders

H3Mythic

Before you think this topic is about the people who fly around, have aimbots, have ARs firing sniper bullets, etc. These people only ruin one or two games for you, this is about the people who can ruin your whole account and everything you have worked for, and are killing the game.

I get that Halo 3 is extremely old but is this a reason to allow cheaters to run wild?

I've seen these modders have max xp on NEW accounts, they can give you a 50 from just playing a game with them, they can make your highest skill 1, they can increase your xp, or decrease it. 

I've had an account gain 12,000 Team Slayer xp from just playing one game with such a modder.
My friend lost 30,000 xp on his account from playing against a modder.
I've seen people get 50's randomly, one game they were a 45, 20mins later they are a 50. 

I get alot of people won't care and just play for fun, while this is true for me, I am not going to lose 15,000 xp and 4 50's for nothing. I've had to make new accounts to play on just because of this.

post-82953-0-24465400-1405100117_thumb.jpg

post-82953-0-71205600-1405100126_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa, fuzzy.

I know very little about modding as I don't partake in any of that nonsense.

However, from what i have heard, this only happened in custom games and is intentionally done to boost.

Did the Team Slayer experience happen to you directly?

I have been paired up with several of these players on and against in MLG and TS and haven't had anything change on my Service Record.

But I could just be lucky - I'm not saying that because it hasn't happened to me that it doesn't really happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you brought this up. Modders are a very real and exponentially growing problem. They're common in the Lone Wolves and MLG playlists, and they've practically overrun Team Slayer.

It's a lose-lose situation. If the modder is on the other team, you will (predictably) lose. But the long-term damage can be far worse when they're on your team. Just a few hours ago, I was playing MLG when I was paired up with a modder on my team.

I've used the same account legitimately since Halo 3 Launch Day (September 25, 2007). Now my EXP has been hacked all the way to over 131,000. My stats have been decimated.

To anyone who wants to avoid modders' parasitic influence, look for anyone with a "BUNGIE" nameplate in the matchmaking pregame lobby. They are almost certainly not from Bungie – they are a modder, so turn off your Xbox immediately, before the game can start. I really wish I'd done this a few hours ago.

Stay safe out there.

Name BUNGIE? Tell us what example for that, because I have never seen one of them, or whoever they are. I played the start before around 2008. It was fun.. I miss it. but It has never happened to me before. How can they do that for stupid reason? :( Xbox staff should know it. o-o

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what happened exactly but recently I joined a matchmaking game and I guess it was modded and it totally my rank. I went from Major grade 2 to a Field Major in a matter of seconds, and from a low low rank in whatever social playlist it was in (I forget, I haven't played since it happened, nobody wants to be a Field Major) to a Brigadier.