Zandril is a Forger, HaloTuber, and active Halo Community member on a number of different sites. He started Forging in Halo: Reach and has created many many maps since. Now he focuses more on his YouTube channel but he still has the skills to put together a functional and good-looking map. He's currently working alongside HaloCustoms, ourselves, BTBnet, and other popular Halo channels on closing up the Meet Your Maker BTB Forge Contest among his map features and custom game night highlights.
Zandril is on our Staff team here at 343 Industries Community Forum as part of our Forge Group but he is also an independent entity running his own YouTube channel and as such, he has his own submission forums here for Forgers from around the community to easily submit maps to him. Above is a screenshot of his minigame submissions forum where he pins maps that earn a feature on his channel. He's got plenty of submission forums and plenty of submissions that he tests and provides feedback for.
Zandril is frequently hosting custom games lobbies, although a bit less frequent now that he's back at school, but at least once a week. His Tippy-Top Testing lobbies are where he tests his map submissions. You can keep up with his lobbies by following his Custom Game Nights thread.
Boarding Pass is Zandril's latest Infection map. His map gets its name from its subway theme. "Boarding Pass is a map I originally made in Halo 4. I made it again in Halo 2 Anniversary with a couple changes and improvements. And now, I've brought it to Halo 5 and it's bigger and better than it has ever been." - Zandril. Check out the submission here.Spoiler
Above is my favorite video by Zandril so far. It's called Forge YouTubers and I was laughing out loud at it. He basically hosts a roast for HaloTubers that each have something about them that is funny and makes them all apparent. Zandril has near 5,000 subscribers to his channel and gets hundreds of likes per video. You can subscribe to Zan on YouTube here.
Zan is an awesome Halo Community member and can be found on most niche sites including ours of course, HaloCustoms, ForgeHub, and Forge.World. He's hilarious, friendly, and talented. You can read a little more about him in our latest interview. Catch Zan on Twitter here. Thanks for reading guys and hail .
- Aug 30 2016 09:29 AM
- by Drizzy_Dan
The Meet Your Maker Forge Contest has always been a large-scale Forge contest attracting many different Forgers spanning all corners of the larger Halo Community bringing them together for the common goal of winning this massive battle royale of wonderful Halo map madness.
The first Meet Your Maker Contest, the brainchild of previous Site Moderator Absolute Dog with the previous THFE, was a 4v4 core/competitive Infinity Slayer Forge competition hosted by ourselves in alliance with many big name Forgers such as Psychoduck, SaltyKoala, WARHOLIC, undr zid, and Spades N AZ. This ended in Redemption1272 (XDemption)'s victory with his map, Edifice. Creator of Fracture in BTB, Squally DaBeanz came in second place with his map that has transcended across almost all Halo games to date: Stigma. Our second runner up was made by one of our Community Cartographers formerly known as The Fated Fire- now Fated Fireman- called Black Site.
The second Meet Your Maker Forge Contest was a Dominion-based competition that brought out the best of the Dominion Forgers. Not as many submissions but this was a very successful competition nonetheless. PA1NTS took first place with his map Monsoon. First runner up went to Xinshu's Sticky Fingers and second runner up was Typhoon by DUN3Z.
Upon his departure from 343 Industries Community Forum, Absolute Dog handed the rights of the Meet Your Maker contest to trusted Forger and Community Cartographer Psychoduck. Psychoduck created the third Meet Your Maker in conjunction with ForgeHub which took place on MCC's Halo 2: Anniversary.
Now we have more presences involved in this year's contest than ever before. Hosted by HaloCustoms in association with us here at 343i.org and BTB.net with the support of well known YouTubers like UnsortedGaming, Ultimate Halo, Vetoed, and Zandril.
We present to you the Meet Your Maker BTB Forge Contest:
This year we're taking thet top 3 maps as winners for this competition.
Each of the three winners will receive the following prizes.
- Video and written features from various partners associated with the contest
- A Halo 5 poster, signed by the team at 343 Industries
- An in-game Arena REQ Bundle
Maps should be designed for one or more of the following modes.
- Big Team Assault (Magnums)
- Big Team CTF (Magnums)
- Big Team Slayer (Magnums)
- Big Team Strongholds (Magnums)
- Maps must be created in Halo 5: Guardians' forge mode
- Maps already integrated into Halo 5: Guradians' matchmaking playlists are not eligible
- Maps created by staff members of HaloCustoms, 343Industries Community Forum, BigTeamBattle.net, and other associated partners are not eligible
- Maps must be posted in the map submission thread and follow all submission guidelines
- Maps must be submitted before 11:59 PM EST on July 16, 2016
- Co-forging is allowed, but collaborators will need to select one person to receive any and all physical prizes
- Multiple submissions per person are allowed
- Maps submitted early may be edited and re-submitted prior to the submission deadline
- Maps will be judged by a panel consisting of staff members of HaloCustoms, 343Industries Community Forum, BigTeamBattle.net, and associated partners
- The panel will include experienced forgers and level designers, big team battle experts, and professional players
- Judging will continue for a number of weeks following the submission deadline
- Maps will be judged on how well they support their primarygametype at the 8v8 player count
- Criteria include originality, replayability, performance, and level of depth and enjoyment of gameplay experience as determined by the panel of judges
Q. Which groups are involved in hosting this event?
A. HaloCustoms, BigTeamBattle.net, 343industries.org, Vetoed, ZannyVids, Unsorted Gaming, and Ultimate Halo.
Q. Why Magnum starts?
A. Related ForgeHub video
Q. What elements should my map contain to be deemed 'finished'?
A. Related ForgeHub video
Q. Where can I go to get feedback on my map during the contest?
A. What Are You Working On? thread
Q. Where can I go to test my map during the contest?
A. HaloCustoms featured lobbies
- May 30 2016 12:09 PM
- by Drizzy_Dan