Change HALO 4 name 343

Baysick

I'm calling how I see it. You recreated Halo Reach and called it Halo 4 to try and capture a large community of the Original Halo series fans. Bad news for you I played on the circuit and played with all the top players, you tarnished Halo 4's name.

Who cares what I and majority of the original halo gamers think, your all about the money. I can tell you I'm not paying 60 bucks for another Reach game.

I'm calling how I see it. You recreated Halo Reach and called it Halo 4 to try and capture a large community of the Original Halo series fans. Bad news for you I played on the circuit and played with all the top players, you tarnished Halo 4's name.

Who cares what I and majority of the original halo gamers think, your all about the money. I can tell you I'm not paying 60 bucks for another Reach game.

Seriously? For the love of Pete. STOP COMPLAINING! This is a community forum and no employees are here so they cannot read your whining.

• Like 1

In short, this is what I read:

Halo 4 is copying another game! I no buy! Majority of others agree!

Sorry to rain on your miniature parade of protest, but the majority utterly disagrees with you. Halo 4 is in no way reach. Name one, single aspect that makes it that way. One. And no, saying "well, it's halo" does not count.

• Like 2

One single aspect? I know three ; Armor abilities, Dmr and Recoil. None of which we're in any of the other halo games but then ofc 343 came along. I'm not on OP's side saying it's the same game as Reach and I'm very much looking forward to continuing the campaing. But multiplayer Halo used to be 4v4, Br vs br and map control. True skill in other words. Halo 4 is just clearly not made for competitive gaming.

I am not posting this to complain, I'm doing it to discuss cause of what I've heard the general Halo community looks very much forward to this game and I wonder: Since CoD now also have the whole "Stay-out-of-the-way-and-regain-health" system and the only thing seperating the two is that Halo still is mainly 4v4, In what way do you see Halo Reach and 4 as an improvment from Halo 2 and 3?

Well I'm sorry. But we frankly don't give a s*** whether or not you want to buy the game. If you are such a great halo player then go play halo 3. I don't think that 343 is creating a game to "trick" people into buying it. It is their f****** job to create this game. Besides a lot of us are fans and I don't think that they are going to try and capture halo players to buy the game. They are creating the game for the halo players. And if you are going to be such a selfish little baby about it then get the h*** off this forum. Because we don't care about your opinion.

• Like 4

One single aspect? I know three ; Armor abilities, Dmr and Recoil. None of which we're in any of the other halo games but then ofc 343 came along. I'm not on OP's side saying it's the same game as Reach and I'm very much looking forward to continuing the campaing. But multiplayer Halo used to be 4v4, Br vs br and map control. True skill in other words. Halo 4 is just clearly not made for competitive gaming.

I am not posting this to complain, I'm doing it to discuss cause of what I've heard the general Halo community looks very much forward to this game and I wonder: Since CoD now also have the whole "Stay-out-of-the-way-and-regain-health" system and the only thing seperating the two is that Halo still is mainly 4v4, In what way do you see Halo Reach and 4 as an improvment from Halo 2 and 3?

I've bolded what I am responding to.

Armour abilities and the DMR were both in Halo: Reach, a game developed by Bungie. This is before 343 Industries came along. Recoil has also been in past Halo games as well. Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST all featured recoil when firing certain weapons like the SMG. I see Halo 4 as an improvement to Halo 2 and Halo 3 because it seems to be changing up the simple and repetitive gameplay of those games by adding armour abilities, allowing us to customise our Spartan and loadout to suit our particular playstyle, and providing us with new and (to me) exciting ways to play the game. If what 343 Industries is implementing turns out to be well balanced then I won't have any issue with the changes they have decided to make. All that I have seen so far looks very fun and the gameplay is looking as fast as ever. I will admit that I'm skeptical about some things such as ordanance, support upgrades, and tactical packages, but so long as they're balanced then I don't mind them.

• Like 3

I honestly think Halo 2 and 3 more heavily influenced Halo 4 than Reach. 343 went with the faster movement speed, higher jump height, inclusion of the BR, all of which combined drastically increase the pace and playstyle of the game which relates more to Halo 2/3 rather than the slow and clunky uncompetitive feel of Reach. Note that I'm not saying reach is bad, it really appealed to casual gamers and a lot of people had fun with it, but I think Halo 4 isn't building gameplay based on Reach at all.

Also, you said this game wasn't built for competitive gaming? In the first Halo 4 trailer they said all of the maps are built from scratch with competitive in mind. Heck, a much better example being the fact that 343 specifically invited competitive MLG pro's to E3 to get to play it and test it out. Why would they invite such competitive pro gamers to playtest it if it was a casual shooter and they knew the pro's wouldn't like it?

Last I checked this isn't Reach, it's Halo 4. Not because it says it's Halo 4, but because it follows the events of Halo 3. The campaign is going to be different from Reach, and the multiplayer may have similarities to Reach, but it definitly has a few changes and addition that Reach doesn't have.

• Like 1

The game doesn't look like a recreation of Halo: Reach. It may have small things from Reach but not big things. One thing from Reach is the DMR but the Shields are just like Halo 3. You can't really say anything like that even if it might be true because all we got to see was the AR, DMR, 2 new Forerunner weapons, Shields/Health, how you talk to people from the helmet, some enemies, a little bit of landscapes, and new graphics. Only one thing from that list is from Reach

wow stop posting on this topic, this guy it just a troll who made an account a day or two ago to see people age about it, probably a BO2 fan

I agree. How 'bout we all shut up and keep our silly opinions to ourselves. But seriously, shut up. No one cares. Quit being a troll and ******** everyone off.

Well I'm sorry. But we frankly don't give a s*** whether or not you want to buy the game. If you are such a great halo player then go play halo 3. I don't think that 343 is creating a game to "trick" people into buying it. It is their f****** job to create this game. Besides a lot of us are fans and I don't think that they are going to try and capture halo players to buy the game. They are creating the game for the halo players. And if you are going to be such a selfish little baby about it then get the h*** off this forum. Because we don't care about your opinion.

i have not seen you mad but agree

I hate when people do this, I've been playing Halo since the begining but I'll tell you one thing, if bungie or 343i tried to recreate halo 1 or halo 2 or halo 3 I would not buy it because games need to change, Halo 2 was really boring it was all gameplay almost no cutscenes Halo 3 had too many cutscenes were cortana showed her face and the gravemind kept talking, that slowed the game down a lot for me, after seeing the Halo 4 demo trailer all I said was wow mainly because the game still felt like halo since your on a mysterious planet with enemies that you don't know the graphics are amazing, I do not have one bad thing to say about Halo 4. So stop whining