What was your highest Halo 2 rank?

Man do I yearn for the unbelieveable competitiveness of this game. The struggle to rank up was unparalled and I want it back for Halo 4.

Anyways, I was a 43 in snipers, 40 in Team Slayer, 31 in Team Hardcore, 36 in Big Team Battle, 34 in Team Skirmish. I cant remember doubles or anything else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maxed out.

Like a boss.

No just kidding. I only started at Halo 3 and that's where I maxed everything. TS 50 across the board. Then I got hacked and had sadfaced for a year. Then but another year and made a new account.

But my Halo 3 broke by then.

• 1 month later...

I got a 50, the Halo ring, after Halo 2 came out. I reached it and kept it til the first rank reset. After that, it was impossible to get past the high 30's because modders were always playing. You had to be with a modder to reach a higher rank and then not play once you get it. Ranks didn't matter though because Bungie reset ranks so many times

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a 50, the Halo ring, after Halo 2 came out. I reached it and kept it til the first rank reset. After that, it was impossible to get past the high 30's because modders were always playing. You had to be with a modder to reach a higher rank and then not play once you get it. Ranks didn't matter though because Bungie reset ranks so many times

You state you were a 50 before the ranks reset the FIRST time. No sir, you were not. It would take about 15 games to rank from 15-16 until they reset the ranks the first time. After that it was easy to level, 1 game for 3 levels. My highest rank was in team slayer, legit level 45. I played this game so much and the legit player circle was so small at that level I would literally play that same teams over and over again. So, If you guys are really telling the truth then I must know some of you from back in the day. Also I was a 37 in Skirmish. I literally only played 1 legit team several times over 2 days because no one played it at that high of a level. A legit 50 was unheard of. It was possible, but rarely did anyone get it because people were so scared of getting modded that they wouldn't start the game without having host boxes first. Ranks after the update were a joke. If you didn't play back when getting your "Horns" was the thing then you missed out.

• 2 weeks later...

43 in team slayer and 38 in snipers (both legit). Definitely lots of practice went into that game. Just learning BxB and BxR took a lot of practice in itself. Modders and standbyers made it pretty much impossible to get passed 45. If somebody in Halo 2 had a legit high level you KNEW they had some skill.

hmmm you got to a 40 you say, only way you did that is by getting host boxes yawn took way to long and kids that rank sucked lolz they were just more patient than I. I had a 38 in team slayer, 35 in dubbs, 33 in btb, 34 team objective, 37 in hardcore, 38 in snipes and i can't remember what else there was or my ranks, every game after that was spawn mods or that lag thing when they made you run into walls. Also i played by myself and quit out of games when i had modders on my team, i had alot of friends who wanted to me to stay legit that lived with me at our house. The only person i knew who was a lil bit better than me and he had a 41 in rumble pit and that was Legit. I never knew of any real 40's or higher.