Halo 4 Spartan Armor Ideas

HaloReachLegend

Add a mix of Classic and new armor. Make the armor effect you, like EOD shielding you from explosives, but slowing you down. Also have attachments that effect you. Think of it as if I was a Spartan, I would want my armour to be very personalized for my style and my specalties. Add tons of options. Re-define customization. Halo redefinded vidio games and made halo. You should continue the tradition 343. :2guns: :yes :respect:

I agree with most of the Comments so far.

Having an RGB colour system would be an amazing feature. Also a sort of brush system so you could move around your armour and sort of 'brush on' damage from like grazes on the paint to bullet pockmarks and bloody (or not bloody) gashes in the armour . You could put patterns such as tribal stripes or colour warping around, or on, your visor along with anywhere else on your armour - this could help game-play and Identification for clan members etc.

There should be more effects to game-play rather than just aesthetic effects of adding things to your helmet (or visor). When myself and friends got on Reach and saw the camera to go on the helmet, we thought 'Oh wow, something that might affect your zoom, or helps track cloaked targets' but no - disappointment. There should also be a bio monitor thing for your friends (like in the books) to see if they really need a health pack or something- something other than way-points so you can tell where your team mates are relative to you.

The Elites should also make a return with the HALO 2 Design and have jus as much customisable stuff as the SPARTANS. There should also be an SPI armour permutation. (Helmet, shoulders, chest EVERYTHING, including FORE ARMS because they are Especially amazing :D ) .

I don't however, agree with helmet or amour removal. As per canon, any exposed flesh would not be covered by shielding. And as some one has already said, it would remove attention from game-play.

Anything I've missed?

i like the idea of knowing if your team mates need health but that would throw us into medic classes and soldier and etc. If you could equip a one time Truama kit to your character that resets every time you spawn and its for you alone that would be something cool

I don't know if I because I am "old school" or got turned off of the multiple armors in Reach because of the credit system. I still like the system from Halo 3. Here are my thoughts.

1) Make the armors harder to earn and achievable only from ranking up to a certain point, no bought by credits if that system continues in some form.

2) Have armors that are only achievable by finishing campaign on different difficulties and/or time frames.

3) Offer an armor type to only those who achieve tough medals, such as a 15, 20, 25 kill Perfections would garnish you the premium armor and multiple "Headshot Honcho" medals would unlock a sniper variant.

4) Once an armor is achieved use your credits for the attachments, modifications, and effects.

I am not interested in putting a "war paint" om my armor, but a traditional military style camouflage that matches some of the environments might be rather cool. The idea of having armors harder to earn is based on a harder ranking system. I feel that you appreciate and feel more of a sense of accomplishment when the standards become tougher as you progress. I have a post called "Ranks you achieve during game play" that shows my thinking. I always want to hit whatever milestone was needed for the armor I wanted in Halo 3. Remember chasing down the original Recon armor? Reach offered so little challenge in this area that I quickly lost interest.

i did like hunting down certain armors and you make a clear point about using the credits to buy attachments. i like that idea. it would work smoothly. it took me and my brother forever to unlock all halo3 armor. and i did appreciate it more. i even have the katana piece. but maybe i new form of rank up? idk

several of these i've been throwing in my head, id really like to choose pieces to be on both wrist and both thighs, id really like the choice to have my armor really bright with no dirt on it(i like shiny stuff), and play with more colors, it be cool to choose the underlayer color too(they part thats always black)more color choices too and more distinct color, like the color table in the paint program on computers, that be kool.

Bring back Elite Armor customatzation from H3. Give me the Arbiter's Armor. Make me look like a Reach Elite and I'm good to go.

Also for the Arbiter armors make there be versions of it, both ways

I mean make you able to custimize the shoulers to arbiter and head to ultra or something like that

And different versions of armors like halo wars version, halo 3 version, halo legend version, and even a newer version

Arbiter-H3.png

sean_mcnally_arbiter_01.jpg

Ripa_%27Moramee.png

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/16/17/14/89/sean_m10.jpg

I think halo should be original again, I dont want any advantages with the attachments and stuff. I REALLY WANT IT TO BE FAIR AND lets hope 343 gives us that

You're right Legend. Back to some of the roots. We don't need 30 types of armors with multiple attachments for each of them. My post was to just bring light to a compromise of all the thoughts I had read, but I believe like you do.

Also for the Arbiter armors make there be versions of it, both ways

I mean make you able to custimize the shoulers to arbiter and head to ultra or something like that

And different versions of armors like halo wars version, halo 3 version, halo legend version, and even a newer version

Arbiter-H3.png

sean_mcnally_arbiter_01.jpg

Ripa_%27Moramee.png

elite you know the second image looks friggin' bad a**! If there ever is more Elite armor added, that one should be the hardest to get! Equivalent to the Recon armor of Halo 3. He looks like the last guy in the world a Spartan would want to tangle with.

I like most ideas but I dont think we should have to be able to take any armor off (like others said, it messes with the cannon and would be unrealistic) NO health pack attatchments (not really fair for thoese who arent at a high enough rank to get) I really like Absolute Dog's ideas for completing things for armor, but getting a 25 spree or perfection medals seem extremly high to get mabey 25 kills in a game but mabey getting thoes medals (like perfection and high killing spree medals) would lead to more xp? This could be good, Medals give you an xp bost to help you rank up, I just dont want to feel like im missing out on a really cool peice of armor because of such an outragusly high marker to reach but I really want to see the armor awarded for completing achievments back.

You're right Legend. Back to some of the roots. We don't need 30 types of armors with multiple attachments for each of them. My post was to just bring light to a compromise of all the thoughts I had read, but I believe like you do.

Thanks, Finally someone agrees with me :drinks:

Remeber, this is not taking place in our corner of the universe, the only characters in this continuation is Cortana and Master Chief. So any upgrades will have to take place with forerunner technology (he crash lands on ONI). The Elite are not in this area. Also there is no human-spartan interaction so he has to find or develop the upgrades himself.

• 3 weeks later...

The ability to import your armor and current(purchased)armory items from halo reach.

More waypoint exclusives.

The ability to customize which weapon you spartan or elite holds in the armory/pre-game lobby.

Example:Spartans hold DMR's and elites hold needle rifles in the armory and pre-game/post-game lobbies(in halo reach).What if I wanted that to be a rocket launcher or a shotty?Or mix things up a little and have him dual wield a combination of weapons!Covenant or human or maybe even...forerunner!

Forerunner combat skin would be a nice limited/legendary/pre-order bonus.

I just hope it is the way it was in H3 and does not affect the way the 'chief looks in the campaign.