The enemies in the trailer are NOT Prometheans

Stealth Pilot

Well then. Halo Nation says the Knights are an actually forerunner breed. I dont understand how this works, especially with the skull as a head. I can see how they could evolve but heck it does not fit any description of a Forerunner what so ever...I am kinda of mad at this...

Yea we already know that. . . . . .just forerunner tech not sentient beings though

Well the Builders were the one who created this doomsday device and seem to not like anyone get in their way. the Prometheans are a very strong forerunner group with strong opinions. the only reason they are lower class is because the Didact did not want to participate in the creation of the halo ring because they were an abomination to life itself so he proposed a shield world method but the builders diregarded them and within their power they forced him into his cryptum and made a mockery of their defenders of their race. (if you think of it you should let the warriors fight the enemy because thats what they are trained to do, not the political heads that think the only method to eliminating the threat is by nuking it with everyone else). So the Prometheans are the good ones and the Builders (at least the master builders)were the bad ones and if it werent for the lifeworker the librarian who cared for life saw a plan to make sure life would not cease when they were fired as a precasion (which she knew would happen). so she made the destruction tools safe havens from the halo array.

sorry i get all halo lorey when i think to much, the only issue people have is that the Didact fought a war with the ancient race of humans and hated them, but he developed human friends and he has more of a friendship view on humans.

Sorry if this didnt make any sense to you

I am assuming you read Cryptum. I am not to far into it yet, but I can see how the Didact befriends Chakas and Riser throughout. I agree with you 100%. I do think however a great forerunner will be mentioned.

• Like 1

I am assuming you read Cryptum. I am not to far into it yet, but I can see how the Didact befriends Chakas and Riser throughout. I agree with you 100%. I do think however a great forerunner will be mentioned.

yes i did and you sir i dont know how you havent just gorged that book yet (once you hit 100 in both books it picks up really fast!!!)

I believe so also about the forerunners. . . . .i should make a topic on this :)

In the E3 trailer when the Chief first encounters the Promethean Crawlers, Cortana says, "These things are some type of defense AI's, definitely not Covenant" If you read the description from Waypoint, they are clearly described as "Forerunner machines."

PROMETHEAN CRAWLERS

LENGTH: 7ft 8in (234.7cm)

WEIGHT: 371lbs (168.3kg)

The impressively armed Forerunner machines known as Crawlers represent the most extensive and abundant native enemy on Requiem. Capable of both close-quarters and long-range combat, Crawlers are aggressive quadrupeds, explicitly engineered to ferociously hunt down and eliminate any foreign threats. It is not uncommon to encounter Crawlers in substantial numbers, as most travel in large packs and work together in strategic coordination to bring down enemies by overwhelming them from every conceivable angle.

Like Brute Ultra already stated, when he encounters the Promethean Knight/Watcher she says, "Whatever it is, it's not organic." The descriptions of these two "units" however, is not as clear cut as the crawler's.

The watchers are described as "flying sentinels." The first think everyone thinks about when they hear sentinel is what we all know sentinels to be from the old games, but it could just be referring to them in the way the word sentinel is defined, "a soldier or guard whose job it is to stand and keep watch." which is what they seem to do over the other enemies. Regardless, they appear to very mechanical, and it would explain how they can heal other units. A repairing laser coming from a robot seems a lot more plausible than an armored fairy with a healing beam to me.

PROMETHEAN WATCHERS

HEIGHT: 4ft 3in (128.6cm)

WEIGHT: 318lbs (144.2kg)

As the large, flying sentinels of Requiem known as Watchers are typically deployed from the armored carapace of their Knight commanders and exist to provide strategic aerial combat. Hovering high above the battlefield, Watchers not only heal and augment damaged allies but also catch and return incoming ordnance, such as grenades, using a gravity-displacement beam. Their existence serves to frustrate all opposition, often forcing enemies to engage them directly before dealing with other more immediate Forerunner units.

The Waypoint definition of the knights states that "these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past," which explains why they don't seem to look anything like they way Forerunners are described in the books. However, I agree that given the fact that Cortana says they aren't organic and the Forerunners were and organic race. these new enemies can not actually be true Prometheans and are likely machines. This would also help explain the fact that they can teleport, and the fact that they seem to disintegrate after they are killed (even though there are clearly puddles of something on the ground after they Chief kills one in the trailer).

PROMETHEAN KNIGHTS

HEIGHT: 10ft 1in (308cm)

WEIGHT: 934lbs (423.7kg)

Residents of the artificial world of Requiem, Promethean Knights represent the central occupying enemy force, legions of extremely capable combatants with both ancient and mysterious origins. While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing. They are fully weaponized, heavily armored bipedal warriors, easily capable of engaging and terminating perceived threats in almost all environments. They are truly lethal creatures, taken lightly only at one’s peril.My

We already know, thanks to Cortana, that the crawlers are AIs and from the books it seems like the Forerunners could pump them out like nobody's business. My theory is that all the enemies we've seen so far are AI powered machines that are controlled by a bigger, badder enemy (the Didact perhaps, given the symbol at the end of the trailer). It would explain why the knights fighting the Chief are orange and the knights at the end of the trailer during the clips are blue.

• Like 1

Um..Did you guys ever think that maybe the Promeatheans turned themselves into AI's over the thousands of years? Or even that it could be ancient humans seperated from Earth since Foreunner times, The one enemy in the gameplay demo like roared and had a human like skull face under the mask. Just a thought.

From the description of the Promethean Knights, it seems to me that they are obviously Forerunners. Not once when they are described is the word "machine" or "AI" mentioned. It says they are "Residents of the artificial world of Requiem" which seems to imply that they are not machines, but living beings. Perhaps they have given themselves augmentations, similar to those that the Spartan II's have, but actually replaced the majority of their body with machines. This would explain why they look so different from other Forerunners and why Cortana said that they are not organic.

• Like 1

Promethean is a adjective for Prometheus. As you know, Prometheus was the fire giver to mankind. The prometheans in Halo 4 look like fire like creatures. Also, the Forerunners didn't always know each other, they had different classes. In this case maybe the promethean class had these creatures in them? But something tells me these things evolved somewhere.

cortana ment that they are not organic in the sense that they are not natrally occouring lifeforms. The prometheans are a biological entity, but they were created by the forerunners to protect them ("prometheus created humans)

If the enemies in the trailer are prometheans then i would be very dissapointed that 343i would creat such a powerful and magnificent species that are so weak theat a human can destroy them. My theory is as it is with alot of others s that these AI sentinals are possibly a combination of AI fused with biological lifeforms. Its possible that the composer could have done this, as for who the biological figures were they could have been prometheans that died in combat but very doughtful. In Cryptum the didacts Warrior prometheans that fell in battle had their conciousness placed into multiple War Sphinxes. If that is so why downgrade their power by placing them into the weaker Knights and lancers? Some think they could be florians (Hobbit sized humans) for the small arms we see come out of the knight but chief is 2meters tall so it could be the ancient humans in general fused with tthe technology for the red human skull resemblance from the knight (of course it looks different but overtime any species bonestructure would most likely change a little).

promethians. comfirmed.

I still don't lke the design of them. They look nothing like forerunner tech, their weapons play closer to human weapons than anything forerunner that we've encountered and seen. They even have to be reloaded with rounds. (scattergun= shotgun in every way (shoots faster & 3 shots less)) and the light rifle is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Halo 2 era BR. in. every. way. (except for design). I would have preferred some forerunner equivalent to the AR be the sentinal beam and the BR equvalent shoot a beam that is equavalent to the BR burst (i damage and duration), yet have a cooldown, no reload like SB. if I see a forerunner Rocket launcher that you hold the trigger to lock on to a vehicle.....

I think they are technology specificly designed by the promethean class of forerunners. The prometheans were the ultimate warriors of the forerunners and probably made them as scouts (crawlers), battle support (watchers) and warriors for situations where organic life could not fight such as the flood or in space (knights). The tech looks different because it was not designed by the builder class like everything else was and it was most likely designed with functionality in mind and not aesthetics.

They are Promethean, not Prometheans. Prometheans are forerunners who are in the warrior class who have evolved to their highest potential. Physically, Prometheans were the highest form a Warrior-Servant could mutate to, standing around four meters tall and between 800 and 1,000 kilograms in weight. They were heavily muscled, their hands capable of easily crushing a human skull.

What's the difference between Promethean and Prometheans? Prometheans designed things that are Promethean. Therefor, their technology is Promethean, and also inorganic. The enemies in Halo 4 are "Promethean class" but still nothing other than weaponry. Sophisticated and deadly weaponry, to be sure, but weaponry nonetheless.

• Like 2

They are Promethean, not Prometheans. Prometheans are forerunners who are in the warrior class who have evolved to their highest potential. Physically, Prometheans were the highest form a Warrior-Servant could mutate to, standing around four meters tall and between 800 and 1,000 kilograms in weight. They were heavily muscled, their hands capable of easily crushing a human skull.

What's the difference between Promethean and Prometheans? Prometheans designed things that are Promethean. Therefor, their technology is Promethean, and also inorganic. The enemies in Halo 4 are "Promethean class" but still nothing other than weaponry. Sophisticated and deadly weaponry, to be sure, but weaponry nonetheless.

He summed it up quite nicely.

Basically, simply automations of the Prometheans, no?