You Can Now Stop Worrying About the Halo 4 Ranking System!

Ryu♥Hayabusa

a) wheres your source? Link?

b ) Are you saying that for the individual rank that it will be like after the update, where there is an individual rank such as captain, brigadier, general, ect but just in that particular playlist, but then no numeric rank? Because i find that stupid as ****..people could be a level 15 yet a general in that playlist. It does not show any skill whatsoever, just how many wins you have in that playlist..

@nramanan I know that. I played it since day one. That doesn't mean that it isn't an option they could use.

@Tomakazi I said that you have an overall rank that goes up like Reach's. No skill needed for it. It is used to judge what you can unlock, etc. Then you have an individual rank for each playlist. These could be either numbered or not, but they will go up or down according to how you play. Numbers aren't the only thing that can go up or down.

I think you seriously misunderstood this topic. If you played Halo 3 before the major update on 9-25-08, truekill, you would know that that is not what was originally in the game. 343 means that they will take halo 3's ranking system, but replace the XP (1 per win) with cR (~2500 per game).

I hope you're right, I seriously do.

a) wheres your source? Link?

b ) Are you saying that for the individual rank that it will be like after the update, where there is an individual rank such as captain, brigadier, general, ect but just in that particular playlist, but then no numeric rank? Because i find that stupid as ****..people could be a level 15 yet a general in that playlist. It does not show any skill whatsoever, just how many wins you have in that playlist..

So you really think that your amount of credits (play time essentially), shows more skill than your amount of wins?? I honestly don't see your logic in that and I hope I just misread it somehow. The system proposed makes plenty of sense and will definitely be a proper solution to please the more intense halo community and casual gamers alike.

I don't really care about the ranking system. as long as the gameplay's good, I'm fine.

Thank you! I really don't understand why people are so worried about the ranking system. I posted this in hopes that it would calm the folks down. Why would a rank matter anyway? So a few newbies think you're awesome. What does that get you in real life unless you are in MLG? It may create a reason to play, but Reach's ranks and armor were enough to get me hooked.

Truekill says the ranking system in Halo 4 is confirmed to be a combination of H3 and Reach. Can someone link me to where this was stated by a 343 employee so this statement has credibility? I will be happy if this is actually true but for the majority of things stated in this thread they were left unsupported (however this doesn't mean they aren't true).

• 3 weeks later...

ranking systems give you something to work towards, a reason to keep playing the game and compete with friends, otherwise it just gets boring. reach's got boring a while ago, it's so linear and only takes time (and a hell load of it) to go up. Frankly it's a bit frustrating when you beat a party of inheritors 1v8

Heard of BPR? Ahem...Go to waypoint. Boom. Sign in. Boom. Look at your service record. Boom. Three steps, and you get a 1-100 rank to look at. Does anyone ever look at this? It's like the Halo 3 ranks, but 1-100. Therefore, all the posts about skill not being tracked are redundant.

• Like 2