Yes, I already know a hundred threads have been made for listing Halo 4 pre-order unlocks, but few (not even from THIS forum!) would tell me what stores offered what unlocks, or the price of their pre-order. I'll do my best to match unlocks with stores and provide images, etc. etc. If you know of another store offering a pre-order package or want to correct me (which I often need to be), just PM me, I usually check the forums daily. By the way, I will only provide inks to images to preserve forum space and retain fair load time for my crappy satellite internet service :wallbash:

First, I would like to dish out the store offering the most add-ons, but at the largest price tag - MightyApe. This New Zealand distributor is offering the largest amount pre-order extras, shown HERE, including Raptor and Pulse armor skins, the flippin' awesome Locus helmet (exclusive to MightyApe), and two emblems. This may appear to be the best deal, but if you ain't in New Zealand for the release, you're paying almost $20 for ground rate shipping. It's a little ridiculous, but if it's any consolation, I pre-ordered here, too. The price may drop, and I hope like hell it does. BTW, $130NZD ~ $100USD, so the price isn't actually $30 more.

Halo 4 Standard - $88.49NZD + $16.00 shipping

Halo 4 Limited Edition - $129.99NZD + $16.00 shipping

Probably the most popular Halo 4 pre-orderers (if that is a word) are GameStop & EB Games. Available with both packages is the Gamestop/EB Games exclusive Forest skin, shown HERE. Because GameStop and EB are pretty much the exact same store, you're getting the exact same thing. Rumor has it that EB Games is also offering the Arctic weapon skin in Canada. I believe both stores offer free ground shipping and expensive release date shipping (feel free to correct me), but you can have shipped to a nearby store for free or pre-order at the store.

Halo 4 Standard - $59.99

Another great store for pre-ordering any game online is Amazon. Amazon's offer is the interesting Web armor skin, shown HERE. Amazon is also a seller for multiple online stores if you want to look into who's all selling Halo 4 on their store. I know Amazon offers free ground shipping but I do not know their fastest shipping speed or the price of that speed at the moment. Amazon would be my personal alternative to MightyApe.

Halo 4 Standard & LE - $59.99 & $99.99

Like MightyApe, Best Buy is offering the Dead Space-esque Raptor armor skin, shown HERE. Best Buy offers free ground shipping for those who pre-ordered online, they can ship it to a local store for free, and you can pre-order it at the store itself with a down payment. Also, pre-ordering here gets you 15% off a game guide if you want one.

Halo 4 Standard - $59.99

Walmart is currently offering the Circuit armor skin, shown HERE. The skin kind of reminds me of Tron with a Big Daddy helmet, but overall, not that interesting to me. For those readers in the UK interested in this skin, it can be purchased from Gamestation as well. Walmart offers free ground shipping.

Halo 4 Standard - $59.96

Britain's Buy.com, called Play.com, is the only seller of the Dead-Eye helmet skin (HERE), but being an American, this package is not worth the trouble of purchasing from Play. Besides, rockin' this would just put a big bull's eye right on my head, which isn't for me. Regardless of my opinion, Play only ships within the UK and offers free ground shipping.

Halo 4 Standard - £44.99

Also available in the UK is the Oceanic armor and a weapon skin pack from Game.co.uk. I'm afraid their website does not denote exactly which weapon skin come with the preorder set, based on the image I can speculate that one of the skins is the Arctic weapon skin that GameStop and EBGames also offered. Game also offers a good price for UK gamers and it ships free anywhere in the UK.

Halo 4 Standard - £39.99

Another skin I liked and is already available with the MightyApe package is the Pulse armor skin, shown HERE. The store offering this skin exclusively is Microsoft's game store (also available via xbox.com). Microsoft offers a good deal because they ground ship for free and toss in $25 discount on your next Microsoft store purchase. However, so far the $25 discount card is not available to the Limited Editiion copy, though that may change in the near future. Nevertheless, still a pretty good deal.

Halo 4 Standard - $59.99

If you are looking to stay cheap for this release and don't give a rat's cerebral cortex (keepin' it clean) about exclusive armor skins, Buy.com has the best price for Halo 4 I've seen on the internet so far and ships very cheaply.

Halo 4 Standard - $54.99 + $5.18 ground shipping

Halo 4 Limited Edition - $73.99 + $5.18 ground shipping

I hope you guys find the skin that's right for you, feel free to correct me or suggest another store I can add to the list via PM, and thanks for reading!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well if you are down to pay $5 more for some skins and armor. Best buy states that you will receive a code for your pre-order bonus close to release day. But I prefer the ability to pay my game off in full, as I have already done, at gamestop. Debating of its worth $5 for a skin and armore set from best buy, since you can't get the pre-order deposit back if you don't pick the game up. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well if you are down to pay $5 more for some skins and armor. Best buy states that you will receive a code for your pre-order bonus close to release day. But I prefer the ability to pay my game off in full, as I have already done, at gamestop. Debating of its worth $5 for a skin and armore set from best buy, since you can't get the pre-order deposit back if you don't pick the game up. :(

Do you not know how pre-orders work? The money you put down goes towards the price of the game, you don't spend any extra money by pre-ordering. The reason why companies like pre-orders is that you will commit to buying instead of forgetting about it or going somewhere else.

I love the Locus helmet, but I'm not spending extra money for the shipping from that site...

AHA!! Thank you Jester, I heard him say that too in a recent Q&A with him. I couldnt remember where but I knew he said that. Didnt he say that they are trying to release all pre-order bonus (so retailer specific items) to everyone through a DLC pack post launch?

well im getting my limited edition at a local gamestore here in the netherlamds for 75 euros. and they usually have more than half of the bonus content so I hope they have more than just one skin in the package