Halo 4 ONLINE RANKS -Please not as in REACH!!!

Nedia

SInce 343 showed the Multiplayer footage, I keep remembering the really bad ranking system in Halo: REACH. The system in Halo 3 was simple but very good, with nice medals and a numeric ranking from 1 to 50 in order of how much experience you have in the Multiplayer mode. But in Reach, they made a strange mixture betweeh the Campaign and Multiplayer stats, not allowing to really see with one look if the other player is a good and experienced online player or maybe just a bug spamer from the campaign, so the ranks kind of loose their value...

What do you guys think about that??

I really really hope Halo 4 is going to be more like Halo 3!! And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain :blushing:

• Like 4

Most of the time, non-native English speakers write better than native English speakers!

They confirmed a mix of the two ranking systems. I personally see it as this:

You have an overall Spartan Points rank. It's a rank that goes up like the rank in REACH. It is used for your unlocking abilities such as unlocking armor, weapons, or Armor Abilities. Then you have individual playlist ranks. These are just like the ones in Halo 3 for each playlist. I believe that is all that has to be said for this to be perfectly understandable.

That is simply how I think it would be.

• Like 2

Most of the time, non-native English speakers write better than native English speakers!

You have an overall Spartan Points rank. It's a rank that goes up like the rank in REACH. It is used for your unlocking abilities such as unlocking armor, weapons, or Armor Abilities. Then you have individual playlist ranks. These are just like the ones in Halo 3 for each playlist. I believe that is all that has to be said for this to be perfectly understandable.

Thank you, I was one month in Ireland so I had the chance to improve it :laughing:

The system you describe would be OK, I think. But it would be important to give the purely online focused stat/rank more visual presence than the one with Campaign influence at the online matches, per example like this:

3450yhf.png

Being the upper (and bigger!) number purely Online based and the other the Campaign oriented. So the player can know with one look if the other ones are good and experienced at online matches or not. Because thats the point I think REACH missed...

• Like 1

i really really like this idea so now if i go up to a hero ranked playr but he is only a 10 rank on capture the flag ill no he is not good at capture the flag but enjoys the game it could work.

Thank you all who like my idea! It is a simple yet good idea I came up with while thinking of the perfect idea for ranking. Not perfect, but I think I did good. Since the numbers for each playlist would help stack you up, your overall is just used for everything else, like unlocks.

nice

Frank O'Connor said that they aren't bringing back ta Halo 3 system because of the many boosters, de-rankers, and people who bought accounts. This wouldn't fix any of that, so I can't see it happening.

Yeah, Halo Reach's ranking system could be better, it takes ages to level up and so many people just tried every trick and every glitch to get some onyx commendations..

But it's been confirmed that the Halo 3 system won't make a comeback, i'd say keep the Reach system, but make leveling up a bit faster and be more careful with the commendations.

Of course it'd be the easiest to just take out campaign commendations, since that was probably where the most boosting happened, but that wouldn't be fair at all towards Halo players without a XBL Gold subscription, they couldn't level up at all anymore. Well, really slowly at least

Guys, they CONFIRMED a mix of both ranking systems. My idea is simply one of the only ways I could see that happening. See. the Halo 3 style ranks are like the white ones you see that are different for each playlist. They are only used to match you up. Boosting would only get you so far, then you'd be stuck without ranking up any further through that playlist. You'd have to boost through all kinds of playlists to get a good effect.

I think this a great idea for the ranking system and would shut a lot of people up. Perhaps we'll find out what the real ranking is at E3

It would be nice to have skill-based ranks like back in Halo 3. :chaingun:

Only reason they can't anymore is because of customization. Maybe for playlists and stuff. But an overall that goes up like Reach's would be needed for customization since they need it to be equal to balance the game out.

Nice. This sounds nice

I just really dont want thr 1-50 back because it was too easy to achieve. Like with the dohble exp weekend of grifball. Play 25 matches and win and you become 50, whats with that. They need a mix of both exp and credits. Only an opinion though, nothing more.

• Like 1

SInce 343 showed the Multiplayer footage, I keep remembering the really bad ranking system in Halo: REACH. The system in Halo 3 was simple but very good, with nice medals and a numeric ranking from 1 to 50 in order of how much experience you have in the Multiplayer mode. But in Reach, they made a strange mixture betweeh the Campaign and Multiplayer stats, not allowing to really see with one look if the other player is a good and experienced online player or maybe just a bug spamer from the campaign, so the ranks kind of loose their value...

What do you guys think about that??

I really really hope Halo 4 is going to be more like Halo 3!! And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain :blushing:

....this is averted simply by looking at the player's commendations to tell if they spammed campaign u can look at the guys commedations and go "hey this guy has all onyxs campaign" well clearly hes a tryhard then and it doesnt matter in the end cause his rank wont save him from being tossed around- HOWEVER if u go to a halo 3 type ranking system everyone will be having THE WORST time ever trying to unlock all their armors i for one vote that the mass-appealed reach ranking system was much better than the halo 3 ranking system as for ur hope that halo 3 is going to be personified in halo 4 im sorry bro but the halo series is advancing not declining O.o

P.S. your english is better than some people on here whose primary language is supposed to be english

I just really dont want thr 1-50 back because it was too easy to achieve. Like with the dohble exp weekend of grifball. Play 25 matches and win and you become 50, whats with that. They need a mix of both exp and credits. Only an opinion though, nothing more.

What the hell are you on about? Are you thinking EXP is skill?

You have absolutely no idea what the numeric rankings where, cause it didn't work that way. Grifball had no numeric ranking, it was a like social slayer it was just for exp, so you're wrong, having the Halo 3 1-50 ranking system is the best way, cause for one it actually worked and it had alot more players playing than reach did for a longer period of time.

Also you say it was TOO easy to achieve, according to your Halo 3 record you were only a 13 with about 130+ exp. -.-

You have absolutely no idea what the numeric rankings where, cause it didn't work that way. Grifball had no numeric ranking, it was a like social slayer it was just for exp, so you're wrong, having the Halo 3 1-50 ranking system is the best way, cause for one it actually worked and it had alot more players playing than reach did for a longer period of time.

Also you say it was TOO easy to achieve, according to your Halo 3 record you were only a 13 with about 130+ exp. -.-

u have GOT to be kidding me reach had WAYYY more ppl playing it because it appealed to the masses much more than 3 and STILL has more players than halo 3...nextly the 1-50 system DID NOT work because the main idea of it was to pair like-skilled ppl with eachother but ppl would purposefully lower their skill so theyd get paired with less skilled ppl anyway

and the MAIN thing about it was that back then we didnt have like 150 armor permutations that were gained by leveling up if u use a 1-50 system someone would have to rank up to 50 in EACH gametype just to unlock all the armor this is a major waste of time and most ppl would not even want to be on ALL of the gametypes they wanna just stick with 1 they feel comfortable with which is also why reach was better ppl who were unfamiliar with halo could just stay on game modes like infection and still level up and get new armors

• Like 3