List of Weapons that should be in Halo 4

The Director

In my own opinion, the weapons in Halo 4 should be the same as Halo 3, with a few additions.

The following weapons from Reach would violate cannon (because the justification for them were that they were "devolved"), and make me personally go "whaaa?". The DMR, the Reach pistol, the beam rifle (shoopdawhoop), or any other weapon that I missed that are "devolved" from Halo 3 weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing some additions to the arsenal, as long as these subtractions are made.

The weapons that disappeared from Halo 3 that I would like back are the Battle Rifle, the Halo 3 Beam Rifle, the SMG, incendiary grenades, and the pistol. Sure the pistol lacked power, but at least it was accurate. I didn't have to play magnums for three hours on Halo 3 to be able to get a headshot with THAT pistol.

Some of the Reach weapons I WOULD like to see in the game are the grenade launchers. Both the human and the covenant versions. Also, the needle rifle wasn't bad. It should have a bit more power though, to make up for the three shot BR.

Bloom should not be a factor either. A normal rifle placed in a tight vice will fire two bullets in the same area, and the only thing that would cause those bullets not to hit the exact same spot would be weather. None of the other halo games had bloom, and it would be odd for Master Chief to have suddenly lost his ability to hold his rifle correctly.

This is all just my opinion on the weapons, feel free to post your own. :D Trolls will be reported.

• Like 1

In my own opinion, the weapons in Halo 4 should be the same as Halo 3, with a few additions.

The following weapons from Reach would violate cannon (because the justification for them were that they were "devolved"), and make me personally go "whaaa?". The DMR, the Reach pistol, the beam rifle (shoopdawhoop), or any other weapon that I missed that are "devolved" from Halo 3 weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing some additions to the arsenal, as long as these subtractions are made.

The weapons that disappeared from Halo 3 that I would like back are the Battle Rifle, the Halo 3 Beam Rifle, the SMG, incendiary grenades, and the pistol. Sure the pistol lacked power, but at least it was accurate. I didn't have to play magnums for three hours on Halo 3 to be able to get a headshot with THAT pistol.

Some of the Reach weapons I WOULD like to see in the game are the grenade launchers. Both the human and the covenant versions. Also, the needle rifle wasn't bad. It should have a bit more power though, to make up for the three shot BR.

Bloom should not be a factor either. A normal rifle placed in a tight vice will fire two bullets in the same area, and the only thing that would cause those bullets not to hit the exact same spot would be weather. None of the other halo games had bloom, and it would be odd for Master Chief to have suddenly lost his ability to hold his rifle correctly.

This is all just my opinion on the weapons, feel free to post your own. :D Trolls will be reported.

Dude you woke up on the right side i see!!:D

• Like 1

very thoughtful ideas, lost me at the beam rifle but in reach it was called focus rifle, just for your info

Yes, you are right. My bad xD However, in my defense, it DID replace the Beam Rifle as the covenant sniper weapon. Even though it was easier to use it as a shotgun lol

Then dont buy it. Buy an Extra copy of H3, cause thats what you will be playing anyway. I dont see why so many people say they have so much trouble with the DMR. Its not hard to use.

Dude thats the reason!

Every Noob Could Get a Kill!!

• Like 1

yea, that sucked, the beam rifle was awsome, the focus rifle was kinda worse than the sentinal beam

I never even thought of it as the focus rifle being Reach's version of the sentinal beam, I feel like an idiot.

As for weapons I want to see or that I feel should be in H4, clearly any weapon from H3 would logically be in the game, so long as they can justify the remains of the Frigate that MC is floating in having them locked away in an armory or something. But seeing as this is a new game, new world (so to speak), I think it's time to bring in a whole new class of weapons. If the enemy in this game is the Covenant, then more of the same will be awesome. But if the enemy is something new, then new weapons are needed.

As long as the primary weapons are hitscan, I could care less what ones are actually in the game...

though I don't see why they can't just bring back all of them? Let the BR guys use the BR and DMR ppl use DMR (just add a delay between shots if there's no bloom) and make sure they are balanced appropriately so that DMR is a bit better at long range and BR is a bit better at medium range.

I never even thought of it as the focus rifle being Reach's version of the sentinal beam, I feel like an idiot.

As for weapons I want to see or that I feel should be in H4, clearly any weapon from H3 would logically be in the game, so long as they can justify the remains of the Frigate that MC is floating in having them locked away in an armory or something. But seeing as this is a new game, new world (so to speak), I think it's time to bring in a whole new class of weapons. If the enemy in this game is the Covenant, then more of the same will be awesome. But if the enemy is something new, then new weapons are needed.

Ah yes, but to make it fit with Canon, perhaps H4 should have H3 weapons and some new ones, and then they can make it fit so that H5 has new, better weapons :D

Then dont buy it. Buy an Extra copy of H3, cause thats what you will be playing anyway. I dont see why so many people say they have so much trouble with the DMR. Its not hard to use.

Its not fun to use though. Plus, 343 said they are going to use the books, so I hope to see some new amazing weapons.

Here is a list of all the weapons I want to see in HALO 4

Human: Halo CE/Reach Pistol, assult rifle, SMG, Shotgun, Sniper rifel(Add Bloom on no scoping), DMR w/ harder bloom, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, Rocket pistol (the one in the H4 trailer), Spartan Lazer, BR w/ bloom, Covie guns: All of them from reach but replace Foucus Rifel with Beam Rifel and replace the needel rifel with the Covenant Carbine, and add bloom to both. and add any new weapons.

Ah yes, but to make it fit with Canon, perhaps H4 should have H3 weapons and some new ones, and then they can make it fit so that H5 has new, better weapons :D

Yes but this means if the Covenant are not in the game then they would have to get rid of all of the covenant weapons. Unless the covenant knew about the planet/structure and they sent a large corvet or flag ship to investigate but then the ship was attacked or some device on the structure deactivated the ships navigation systems and it crashed on the structure/planet killing all on board or leaving a few alive, this would give them a reason to have covie weapons on the structure/planet and have them in multiplayer without messing with the cannon, and not changing the campaign story much that they may already have planned out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes but this means if the Covenant are not in the game then they would have to get rid of all of the covenant weapons. Unless the covenant knew about the planet/structure and they sent a large corvet or flag ship to investigate but then the ship was attacked or some device on the structure deactivated the ships navigation systems and it crashed on the structure/planet killing all on board or leaving a few alive, this would give them a reason to have covie weapons on the structure/planet and have them in multiplayer without messing with the cannon, and not changing the campaign story much that they may already have planned out.

Well actually, in Halo 3 the humans and the "Elites" had joined forces, and it even showed a scene where The Arbiter and Sgt. Johnson were trading weapons. So it only figures that humans now possess covenant weaponry, and the "Elites" possess human weaponry. It would raise my eyebrow if there WEREN'T any covie weapons on the frigate lol and I would like the BR back as well, but I don't really mind the DMR. The BR takes skill, but so does the DMR. If you are good with a DMR, then a newb won't be able to touch you, even if they spam theirs like crazy. It's a 5 shot weapon (with shields) and has 15 rounds per magazine. You should be able to get at least 3 kill without having to reload, and if you don't then it's because you are spamming and don't know how to crouch to lessen bloom (btw jump crouching also lessens bloom). The DMR isn't hard to use, but it's not nearly as simple as the AR. :D