Do you think Halo Combat Evolved Annivesary should have had its own Multiyplayer mode?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes..i dont remember a time when i was as disappionted as i was when i found out anniversary didnt have its own multiplayer..Halo:Combat Evolved is and always will be my favorite.Its like seeing an old lover go through differant boyfriends while i have to watch and try to accept the change,but in the end i never will unless she comes back to me XD

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I miss blood gulch :(

Well, the Original  Halo CE’s Blood Gulch was technically already remade into the Hemorrhage map from Reach, so creating another updated Blood Gulch map would be a waste of time for 343, considering it was already remade to serve as the Hemorrhage map in Reach.

Guest Frogger24

If only they kept it the same... Meaning no XBL crap just LAN parties. That would have made it worth buying to me. But no its all about the online crap these days.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate 343 for not remaking the multiplayer of halo 1. They didn't need to do anything except add in the networking. You suck 343 and I will remind you of this every year at pax. Also , reach was an absolutely horrible game. Split that fan base up. Halo 4 was even worse. I think Halo 5 will "reach" new levels of horrible. Buy Destiny!

i knew they would remake halo 1 maps and add in multiplayer but i still love it and i wish it could have been the original but thats why we play halo 1 on pc

Exactly, that's why we play Halo PC! Now if they did remake the whole multiplayer experience for Halo Anniversary, they would of basically killed off all of the player activity in the Original Halo Combat Evolved for PC Servers.

So I'm fine with what they did: remaking some PC maps and introducing them into reach.

I was very much looking forward to the multiplayer because I never had a chance to play Halo CE online, but when I found out it was just a Reach DLC, I was disappointed. It should have used the original multiplayer engine, instead of the Reach engine 'cause I wasn't a fan of Reach.

I hate 343 for not remaking the multiplayer of halo 1. They didn't need to do anything except add in the networking. You suck 343 and I will remind you of this every year at pax. Also , reach was an absolutely horrible game. Split that fan base up. Halo 4 was even worse. I think Halo 5 will "reach" new levels of horrible. Buy Destiny!

A. They've only made 1 game. Halo CE Anniversary was just a celebration of the franchise's 10-year anniversary, and yes it could have been better but they didn't even need to do it at all.

B. They didn't even make Reach, why bring it up in a post that's criticising 343?

C. Halo 4 wasn't a terrible game, it was just their first game. You just can't adapt to change.

D. You think Halo 5 will reach new levels of horrible? So you think they would make the game even worse, resulting in them not selling many copies of future Halo games and not make money? They're not that stupid... Also, you're judging a game that hasn't even been released yet.

E. "Buy Destiny"? The way you said that implies that people can only buy one. I'm buying both.

F. Take this to Waypoint, we don't want your mindless bashing on a fan-made community forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it should have. remaking all the maps, despite how AWESOME that might have been, It would have cost 343 time and a whole lotta money, also perhaps delaying the game itself. If the maps had been implemented, it might have taken funding away from halo 4, who knows?