Weapon skins, good or bad?

Unease Peanut

As you might have heard there are going to be some exclusive weapon skins for pre-order and limited edtion. And because of that we can now kinda confirm that weapon skins are going to be in halo 4.

Now my question to you is do you like this idea? (Don't spam herp this is stolen from CoD derp... I don't know if CoD was the first but is definetly not the only game with weapon skins)

I like the addition of skins and hope 343i will come up with some good ones.

PS: I've also asked a friend over XBL (and he has all the games and had bought every limited/special edition) and he just made a gun shot sound when het heard it XD.

I liked it in Gears of War, but not when you had to freacking buy them with real money. It ruins the point of having skins. Purchased skins just make people look like- "Look at me, I have so much money to blow that I buy customizations for virtual weapons." Customizing your weapons should be something free. Lets hope Halo 4 gets it right.

Well if you look at the customization in Halo since the first game. It went like this:

1. Halo:CE (I think)Change Emblem
  2. Halo 2: Change spartan color and emblem, also use Elites.
  3. Halo 3: Change color, emblem, and armor.
  4. Halo REACH: Completely pimp out your armor, colors, armor effects, voice, etc.
  5. Halo 4: Weapon customization, color and camo and armor customization.. and etc.

Halo is just advancing in the customization. it has been in all of the games. I am fine with this, it doesn't really bother me, nor does it make me thrilled. It is just an advanced customization like Halo has always brought forward in each game.

Well if you look at the customization in Halo since the first game. It went like this:

1. Halo:CE (I think)Change Emblem
  2. Halo 2: Change spartan color and emblem, also use Elites.
  3. Halo 3: Change color, emblem, and armor.
  4. Halo REACH: Completely pimp out your armor, colors, armor effects, voice, etc.
  5. Halo 4: Weapon customization, color and camo and armor customization.. and etc.

Halo is just advancing in the customization. it has been in all of the games. I am fine with this, it doesn't really bother me, nor does it make me thrilled. It is just an advanced customization like Halo has always brought forward in each game.

I'd like to make a correction to #1 on your list. In Halo: Combat Evolved you could only change your armour colour (one single colour) and the name of your profile. There weren't any other cosmetic options available.

As for the topic of whether or not weapon skins are good or bad, I happen to like the idea. So long as the skins don't interfere with how the weapon silhouettes look then I see no issue with them. I do hope that there will be more than just camo skins, maybe some original designs based upon characters, places, and such.