Do you think Halo 4 will be like COD

Ark

Do you think Halo 4 will be like COD?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Halo 4 will be like COD?

I feel that Halo has been making a wrong turn, I was never a fan of COD and never will be, Halo was always my #1 game but Reach was the worst Halo in my opinion. And thats because its more and more slowly turning into COD, yea thats good if you like COD but that just flat out sucks for any Halo fan that loves Halo and Hates COD.

What are your thoughts and what do you hope to see and not see in Halo 4?

But don't get my wrong Halo 4 is looking badass and I'm still getting it, And the story is looking so far vary diffrent from all the others, I'm looking forword 4 Halo 4 :awesome:

Edited by One
merged double posts

If you could expand on how Reach was more like CoD, that would be good to hear.

Halo will never be like CoD, people just go and turn to that game to compare because it's the most popular. You never hear about how it's more like Battlefield, or Gears of War, it's always CoD. Halo has it's own style and formula to the game, and when they make noticeable changes to the formula that people loved, they cry and rage and start saying how it will turn out like a casual arcade shooter.

Halo is long overdue default sprint, and many games have that anyway. Customisation is a must have in a game, and weapon and armour skins are just a new and fresh way to customise your character. If they add in a certain type of "custom class", so what? I see it as being a nice addition, I welcome new ideas like that, changing up a stale and old system.

If you could please present your arguments for your case on how Halo is "turning into" CoD, because you haven't actually presented your side of the case.

• Like 5

You have got to be kidding me, or my eyes must be deceiving me. Another damn thread about the same thing. I am not even going to bother giving my opinion as I have already done so on so many other threads.

It is getting repetitive and I no longer care about these sort of threads. Sorry.

• Like 2

NO! NO! NO! What game doesnt have weapon skins, sprint, etc etc... Every new game coming out has those implemented some how. In halo 4 Itll be its own way if your a fan ( speaking in general ) then youll still play it an not worry that its " like any other game" i know for a fact that it will not be like cod

You have got to be kidding me, or my eyes must be deceiving me. Another damn thread about the same thing. I am not even going to bother giving my opinion as I have already done so on so many other threads.

It is getting repetitive and I no longer care about these sort of threads. Sorry.

I totaly agree with you %1000000 btw what is your op?

Edited by One
Merged double post

No and I agree with One No one ever says that maybe CoD is turning into Halo I mean look at Blackops II their now in the future sounds a little bit like Halo. Halo will always be Halo and CoD will be CoD :/

• Like 1

Okay... this is getting old. Halo is not going to be like Call of Duty. But it will have somethings that Call of Duty has. If it wasn't for Call of Duty Halo wouldn't have some of the things it has and if it wasn't for Halo Call of Duty wouldn't have some of the things it has. All game companies copy somethings from other game companies that made a hit game. Its just how the gaming business is end of discussion.

well **** when you put it that way I should probably start listening to you...wait i havent played it yet...wait niether have you...wait halo is so different from cod there is no way it could ever be like cod and still be halo...wait reach was just garbage not even as good cod

0_o

I don't know about that. (lol)

Agreed lol. Reach was the worst Halo and took the franchise about 10 steps back in my opinion.

I also used to think Halo 4 was starting to sound like CoD early on but it'll be it's own game like it always has been. No worries.

• Like 1

Agreed lol. Reach was the worst Halo and took the franchise about 10 steps back in my opinion.

I also used to think Halo 4 was starting to sound like CoD early on but it'll be it's own game like it always has been. No worries.

Double agree. Though I found Reach to be different than the 2 previous sequels and yes I'll say it Reach adopted some traits from other popular FPS games That I'm not going to mention for the sake of flaming but managed put that halo flavor on 'em. I feel the gameplay is forever changed from Reach but it doesn't make it :secret:Call of Duty

Soo, to answer that cliché of a question.. No

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If by becoming more like CoD due to loadouts, sprint, and instant respawn, you would be....mistaken...in all actuality the loadout system and instant respawn came long before CoD. ALL fps titles borrow aspects of other games that came before them. It only improves the next title to come along. and lucky for us the next title is Halo 4. If anything people should be thanking games like CoD, Perfect Dark, and Golden Eye for introducing aspects that have become staples of fps' today.

No it is not turning into COD. Halo was made before COD so technically, COD is becoming more like Halo.

Also, games evolve over time, it was only natural for Halo to have Spartan Op's and Its lengthy customisation, it doesn't ruin the game just because another game has it. Halo is NOTHING like COD and never will be.

Also, stop hating on Reach. Reach was awesome, not as good as Halo 3, but still a step up in terms of gameplay.