The Director

Alright, since Minecraft is a pretty popular game on the 360, and since I seem to be the expert on explaining how to get achievements, I thought I would go ahead and teach you how to get all the achievements for Minecraft. A good chunk of the achievements you can get from playing the tutorial, so I won't spend much time on those. There are a few, however, that are a bit difficult. There are 20 in total equaling 400 Gscore.

Here are the super easy ones, they can be done on any difficulty:

1. Taking Inventory - Open your inventory by pressing Y.

2. Getting Wood - Punch a tree until a block of wood pops out by holding right trigger.

3. Benchmarking - Craft a Workbench with four blocks of wooden planks.

4. Time to Mine! - Craft a wooden pickaxe.

5. Hot Topic - Craft a furnace using 8 cobblestone blocks.

6. Acquire Hardware - Smelt an iron ingot. You do this by putting Iron Ore into a furnace with some coal (or some other fuel). You can find Iron Ore in almost any mine you make.

7. Time to Farm - Craft a wooden hoe.

8. Getting an Upgrade - Craft a stone pickaxe. It has to be a stone pickaxe, can't be iron, gold, or diamond.

9. Time to Strike - Craft a wooden sword.

10. Cow Tipper - Hunt and kill a cow and harvest leather from it.

11. MOAR tools - Craft one of each tool (Pickaxe, Spade, Axe, and a Hoe). You can make them from whatever you want to make them from, but wood is cheapest. To do a two birds with one stone (pun) here, craft a stone pickaxe and wooden everything else.

See? Over half of them are super easy. Now for the ones that take a little bit of doing:

12. Bake Bread - Turn Wheat into Bread. Break several tall grass blocks (which grow on dirt blocks, above ground) until you collect three seeds. Use the hoe on three dirt blocks to create farmland using left trigger (grows faster near water) and plant one seed on each block of farmland. Wait for the wheat to grow. Gather the wheat once it finishes growing and go to the crafting table and create some bread. Furnace is not required. At all.

Another way to do this is to find a village and harvest their wheat. You only need 3 to make bread.

13. The Lie - Bake a Cake. Collect 3 Milk Buckets. You will need three buckets, and will need to use each bucket on a Cow to obtain Milk. You can milk the same cow three times. Grow 3 Wheat from Seeds (or find a village and harvest from there). Find or grow 2 Sugar Cane and go to the crafting table to make sugar. Follow a Chicken around for 4–5 minutes or, if you are lucky, you may stumble upon an Egg laid by a Chicken already. You should now have 3 milk buckets, 3 wheat, 2 sugar, and one chicken egg. Go to a crafting table and craft a cake using these ingredients.

14. Delicious Fish - Catch and Cook a fish. To get this achievement, all you really have to do is take a cooked fish out of a furnace's smelted slot. So, if you've got nice friends, you don't have to learn how to fish. If you do not know how to fish, then I suggest you use the tutorial to learn. Then you can just cook the fish you find in the tutorial for this achievement.

15. Monster Hunter - Attack and Destroy a Monster. This achievement has to be done on at least easy difficulty. And YOU have to be the one to kill the monster. If you attack a creeper with a sword and it explodes, you will not get the achievement. If you've got dogs and they do the dirty work, there's a chance you won't get the achievement. If one of your friends does most of the damage on the mob, there's a chance you won't get the achievment.

16. Leader of the Pack - Tame 5 Wolves. You will need quite a few bones for this one, which can be got by killing skeletons. You will need to find five wolves, and feed each of them bones until a collar appears around their neck. There will be hearts as well. Another way to do this is to find one wolf, save, tame the wolf, then reload the save five times. Breeding wolves does not count towards this achievement. You can tame four wolves and breed them one thousand times and you will not get this achievement until you tame another wolf.

17. Dispense with This - Craft a Dispenser.The reason this is here is because it takes a bit of doing. First, you will need a bow (made by three string and three sticks, you get the string from spiders or by using shears on web found in abandoned mines). Then, you will need some cobblestone and redstone dust. Redstone dust is actually more common than one may think, you just need to look for it. If you are having major difficulty finding some, try either switching worlds, playing on a friends world who has the ingredients, or mining in a different area.

Okay, here are the three more difficult ones. These ones will probably end in tears for you at least once or twice. Well, here they are, as best as I can explain them:

18. Into The Nether - Construct a Nether Portal. For this one you will need a flint and steel (which can be made with flint and iron one for each) and Obsidian, which can only be mined with a diamond Pickaxe. However, there's a little trick you can do with a few buckets of lava and water. Here's an AH video explanation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCJ0RmiYixM
Note, in the video he uses more than two buckets. You only really need two buckets to do this, but that's up to your imagination.

19. When Pigs Fly - Ride a Pig using a Saddle and make the Pig take Fall Damage. Okay, for this one you will need to find a dungeon then find a saddle in one of the "dungeon chests" near the Mob Spawner. This is mainly a matter of luck. However, World Seed 9000000000800000000700000006000000500000­40000300020010 has a dungeon located at X: -309 Y: 51 Z: 199.

Video Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6Lz-gfiZs

Once you find the saddle, you can find a village, get some carrots, get some string, and some sticks and make a carrot on a stick. This makes the achievement much easier. You put the saddle on a pig, get on the pig, press R with the carrot on a stick equipped to hit (or "tame") the pig, and you can lead it using the stick. Bear in mind that if you kill the pig with the stick, you do not get the achievement and sometimes they will not drop the saddle. If you lead the pig into water, you will lose control of the pig. Best thing to do is get off the pig and let it get to land. Then, just lead the pig off a cliff that won't kill you.

20. On A Rail - Travel by minecart to a point at least 500m in a single direction from where you started. This one requires A LOT of materials, and some know how with how to make an effective railway. All you have to do is make the railway straight. No turns at all. You can make it go up or down, but it needs to be straight. 500m = 500 blocks. So you are going to need quite a bit of iron and gold. Best practice is to have one powered rail per 10 iron
rails. So Powered - Ironx10 - Powered. Remember, Powered rails need to be powered by redstone torches.

If you need it, here's an Achievement Hunter guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tihfx6DunZs

Well, there it is. The complete list of achievements for Minecraft. I hope this helped most of you who are reading it. :D I have changed X-Box's so I no longer have my old achievement help maps, so I can no longer offer personal assistance over XBL. Everything above has been confirmed for the X-Box 360, but may also work on the X-Box One, PS3, and PS4 versions of the game. This achievement guide was last updated 7/28/2014.

Number of people helped with achievements over XBL so far: 158

• Like 7

Also, I would like to point out a way for people *cough*-cheaters-*cough* to get some of the achievements easier. It's sort of a glitch, really. If you craft a dispenser (also an achievement), you may duplicate items. Open up the dispenser, put something in it, then have someone else break it. Every item you put in the dispenser should now turn to 64 of that item. Take them out and put them in a chest. When taking them out:

Option 1: Put one of the item in every slot.

Option 2: Put them all in one slot in the chest, but when you take them out, put some in their own slots in your inventory.

See, the problem with this glitch, is that when you go to craft an item, it recognizes the 64 items, as one, UNLESS you put them in their own slots. I also found that when you take them out of the chest and you put some of the items in their own slot, but some compiled, it will recognize the piled items, unlike normal. This helped EXTREMELY well with the On A Rail achievement and others. I did On A Rail in under 2 hours, normally a couple of days worth project.

I also want to say that this glitch was available in the PC version too, so I am doubting it is there by accident.

Also, I would like to point out a way for people *cough*-cheaters-*cough* to get some of the achievements easier. It's sort of a glitch, really. If you craft a dispenser (also an achievement), you may duplicate items. Open up the dispenser, put something in it, then have someone else break it. Every item you put in the dispenser should now turn to 64 of that item. Take them out and put them in a chest. When taking them out:

Option 1: Put one of the item in every slot.

Option 2: Put them all in one slot in the chest, but when you take them out, put some in their own slots in your inventory.

See, the problem with this glitch, is that when you go to craft an item, it recognizes the 64 items, as one, UNLESS you put them in their own slots. I also found that when you take them out of the chest and you put some of the items in their own slot, but some compiled, it will recognize the piled items, unlike normal. This helped EXTREMELY well with the On A Rail achievement and others. I did On A Rail in under 2 hours, normally a couple of days worth project.

I also want to say that this glitch was available in the PC version too, so I am doubting it is there by accident.

Oh Quantum >.< Why are you trying to get my favorite glitch patched?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure if they were to patch it, it would have been done before they release the 360 Edition, silly.

ORLY?!?!? WELL THE FRIGGIN PATCHED IT! I blame YOU quantum. I blame you. >.> lmao

The only I dont have is the pig taking fall damage one :/

Send me a message on XBL and add me as a friend. My Gtag is AAN2. I can help you get that achievement really quickly. Just gotta sort out the schedule, you know. lol

ORLY?!?!? WELL THE FRIGGIN PATCHED IT! I blame YOU quantum. I blame you. >.> lmao

Send me a message on XBL and add me as a friend. My Gtag is AAN2. I can help you get that achievement really quickly. Just gotta sort out the schedule, you know. lol

No, they didn't patch it. Don't download updates, stupid. ;)

Hey guys I have a question about Minecraft. I have constructed a giant tnt structure and decided to blow it up yesterday. It didnt work as planned. I have constructed this over a huge area of ice, and found out the hard way that tnt doesnt explode blocks in still water. My plan is to block out all the water under the structure with gravel, then go in with buckets and collect it all and dump it out, and then put TNT on the floor. hopefully, this initial explosion will cause the water to flow down and expand out, so the tnt on top can continue to spread as the explosion goes down. Does anyone think this would work? I plan on starting the chain reaction from the TNT under the structure.

Hey guys I have a question about Minecraft. I have constructed a giant tnt structure and decided to blow it up yesterday. It didnt work as planned. I have constructed this over a huge area of ice, and found out the hard way that tnt doesnt explode blocks in still water. My plan is to block out all the water under the structure with gravel, then go in with buckets and collect it all and dump it out, and then put TNT on the floor. hopefully, this initial explosion will cause the water to flow down and expand out, so the tnt on top can continue to spread as the explosion goes down. Does anyone think this would work? I plan on starting the chain reaction from the TNT under the structure.

A better trick would be to fill the entire area under the structure with gravel. Then when you ignite the structure, it should do some damage. Also, using a bucket on that much water will get you nowhere dude lol four blocks of water in a square = an unlimited water source.

A better trick would be to fill the entire area under the structure with gravel. Then when you ignite the structure, it should do some damage. Also, using a bucket on that much water will get you nowhere dude lol four blocks of water in a square = an unlimited water source.

Yeah the bucket didnt work hahahaha. The problem with filling it in with gravel is that I have to go underwater and float around putting it down, which takes a loooong time. And btw director check your PM's.

Yeah the bucket didnt work hahahaha. The problem with filling it in with gravel is that I have to go underwater and float around putting it down, which takes a loooong time. And btw director check your PM's.

Thing with gravel and sand is that it is affected by gravity, so it will fall to the bottom when you put it down! :D Easy enough. And yeah, takes a bit, but it's far faster than trying to do it with a bucket, and it's basically your only shot. lol

• 4 weeks later...