What we want for halo

Dominator

strongly agree with 7

glad you agree, 343 needs to get it that franks old ideas need to just be enhanced not replaced. give us more of the same but advance it to make it inovative, and ill be as happy as a kid with a new toy!

In no. 7 you seem to really hate COD

i always feel like i'm the only one that likes both. the difference is 60% HALO 40% COD

i hate cod not because im halo, and not because im a battlefield player either(even though that game is also MUCH better than CoD as well) its the simple fact that times are SO hard i dont feel like wasting money on a game that refuses to try new things,that wont take the time needed to make a great game(because we get great halos cuz they take 3 to 6 years to make, and cod takes 1 to 2 years) i also resent them for there uniriginal ideas. cod 4 was original scrach the fact they 180ed and changed from tactical to (fail)competitive style like halo to compete with them. but the biggest is the CEO of activision and his clear statment to the press. "creating a new engine for the call of duty franchise to run on would be the most counter productive thing we could ever do" those were his words.....really? thats BULL and even you have to know this russianpenguin. im sorry but sadly you are practically one of the only halo fans who can say cod is a "great" game. opinion from me brotha

- No Armor Abilities

- No bloom

- Ranking System 1-50

- Exp not Credits

- No Firefight

- No Reach engine

- Social + Ranking playlists (Like in H3)

- Good connection for all players around the world.

- More good maps (Like Narrows, Blackout, The Pit, Heretic etc.)

- Forge like in Reach.

I know, I might have a lot points.

But I entrust the future of Halo 4, you guys from 343. Good luck!

i agree with alot of what your saying, but it sounds like you just want them to give you a copy of halo 3.....with a easyer forge mode.....thats kinda pointless dude. yes bring back alot from H3 but there were SERIOUS problems with that game to. de rankers specifically. but umm id say fat chance on reach engine going byebye, since its considered best of 2010...and there now enhancing it with crytek AND the recently released Direct-X12.(the D-X11 is what powers halo reach halo wars crysis 2 and the upcoming battlefield 3)so yeah. other wise i like the halo 3 fandom though. but yeah if you want what you listed, you can get it all on your halo 3 disk scrach the forge

• 2 months later...

I think halo 4 should have some sort of ranking system similar to halo 3 but instead of making it easy to do from 1 to 10 in like 3 game winning streak make it harder. I would also like for it to have how many games you need to rank up. Of course dedicated servers would be nice. Power ups in games back would be really nice too. I really think sprint would be nice in halo but nah not evade or the other aa's. I understand people like reach and they want a really fun halo but halo always gave me a competitive feel and reach didn't have that, it was more for the casual CoD player with a few more bullets to kill. I also think they should fix the melee system I mean seriously if the other spartan has the slightest amount of shield it just breaks it. No death :/ makes no sense..

I think they should have a voting system like reach but only with just two games to pick from. That way you cant just veto the whole selection and get a brand new selection of maps and pick the same map and gametype you always do because you don't like variety. Another thing I have been wanting to see in halo is a full color spectrum for your armor something very simple that would be a nice add.I loved the credits personally but it shouldn't be what ranks you up. Experience should be what ranks you up (not skill level but like general and stuff.) I think you should unlock most of your armor through achievements, achieving certain medals, achieving a certain rank, or reaching a certain skill level in multiplayer but you would have to purchase that armor through credits. Some not so cool armor could be unlocked with just credits alone.

Another thing I want is no bloom in halo 4 I mean it is understandable to have less accurate weapons in halo: reach because they were less advanced but keep that specifically for halo: reach. Although I wasn't much of a halo: reach fan I would like to see halo 4 have something similar to the needle rifle come back and of course you got to bring back the beloved battle rifle lol. I have seriously had trouble finding something of a challenge since I quit the halo franchise and when they release halo 4 I truly hope that it will be something challenging. Instead of something to play for a few hours just for a little fun like halo: reach. I wish 343 the best of luck and I have a bunch of fate in them and they will bring it back to the halo we all know and used to love. Yes halo 4 shouldn't be exactly like halo 3 but it should have somewhat of a halo multiplayer feel instead of call of duty. The reason the halo multiplayer was so successful for so long was because it was original and more competitive then any other game. It was similar through the series but a few different things were added to matchmaking each game. Reach completely changed what halo was and made the goals of the game achievable very easily which made me shy away from it.

Well there is what I want out of halo: 4 and I know it is a bunch and I don't expect all of it but I am hoping they will give back the competitive feel i know and love. :]

First off, you do NOT speak for the community as a whole. And this is what YOU want. I would love gun personalization.

Naw he is attempting to speak for a majority of people that want something with a true wow feature to the multiplayer. I wouldn't like gun personalization but i liked when everyone could start out with the same weapons and struggle for the weapons to control the map. Gun personalization would end up making the game unbalanced again. You could make your gun a bit stronger or have more zoom. I don't like that. What I believe truly makes a game fun is nothing separating one player from another except skill and strategy. I don't want someone being able to pull out a 4x scope and snipe me across the map or someone beating me in a gun battle because their gun is a bit stronger even though I hit them more. Or someone shoot a grenade right in my face as a desperate tactic to win a battle. Ifffffff that isn't what you mean correct me please I am curious to see what you mean by gun personalization. Although i have to say making your gun look cool like give it a logo you like or something would be pretty cool.

I want to be able to swim. It would be cool if there was even a water vehicle like a waverunner with a turret. That would be cool. Also in forge, I want there to be a way to choose the feel for your peices (example: Putting snow on a building block, or making a building look like it was built out of wood.) It would also be cool if we had a choice to put no gravity so we can make maps like anchor 9 and condemmed. It would be awesome if we could make it snow and choose where we want no gravity. I know that this is a lot to read but there good ideas.

If you didn't like Reach's system of armor abilities then play another game mode. I am a fan of team swat so I only really use Sprint. But the abilities really helped me get though the campaign and it's unique to the game. I'm not saying abilities are perfect but they're just fine, really don't care. Armor Lock never bothered me, I have punishing strategies for those who utilize Armor Lock and one of them's called the grenade throw. -just that one voice in the 343 community

guys these people have been working on halo 4 since i think about halo 2 or halo 3 between that, trust me this game has to be good and all that time was spent on making the storyline and cutscenes soo this halo looks like its going to take ages going through the campaign every game i play the camaign is short but this one I hope will be long (no comment on that) like deus Ex its campgin is long as hell