halo 4 beta?

jasonb10

It was said quite a long while back in an interview that there would not be a Halo 4 beta. Frank O' Connor said that a beta would interfere with what they're doing, that it would be a distraction. He assured us in the same interview that they are testing the game to scale and working to make sure that they ship a polished product.

I hope there is

There isn't a Halo 4 beta and as I said they have already confirmed this. Please see the question and response taken from the 3.07.12 Halo Bulletin below.

Will there be a public multiplayer Beta, like the Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Betas, where everyday people got to play them? With this being 343's first Halo game and entry in the franchise, it seems like something very important.

–UnanimousCrab42

While we are testing Halo 4 code, gameplay, and systems at significant scale to get excellent data, input, and feedback, we are focused on polishing and shipping our experience for the duration of the year, and splitting resources to manage and build a beta is not on our schedule.

Im not sure if they denied it or not, all i remember Frank saying in an interview a while back is that they are really busy and beta would put alot of strain on them. From what ive heard is its neither confirmed nor denied. But there are alot of sources so there might be one i missed

• Like 1

Im not sure if they denied it or not, all i remember Frank saying in an interview a while back is that they are really busy and beta would put alot of strain on them. From what ive heard is its neither confirmed nor denied. But there are alot of sources so there might be one i missed

^^^ This

They never said they would but never said they wouldn't either. But from the sounds of it I doubt they will.

I hope they do have a beta because it would give the public an idea of what to expect for the game and the public has been on its toes for every little detail on Halo 4 for a while. A beta would be good for giving people an idea of what to expect and since this is possibly the most highly anticipated Halo with the change of direction and everything, I think it would be good.

I trust 343 to do the right thing so beta or no beta, I'm good, but that's just my opinion.