Quitters

jfusco93

You're not alone buddy. I hate when people do this. I don't think I have, in the last two months, played an entire game with all of the designated players.

So, to solve this, 343 included the "join session in progress" feature. This allows for players to fill the quitters place. I also think there should be a feature not allowing people to quit for the first 4 minutes of the game. Thoughts?

• Like 2

You're not alone buddy. I hate when people do this. I don't think I have, in the last two months, played an entire game with all of the designated players.

So, to solve this, 343 included the "join session in progress" feature. This allows for players to fill the quitters place. I also think there should be a feature not allowing people to quit for the first 4 minutes of the game. Thoughts?

They can easily goto the dashboard or close the console.

I know what you mean! I haven't played an enjoyable game of Invasion for a while now because so many people quit the game. Just the other day, I was the only person left on my team, against a full team of 6 :(

The players quit mostly when their Elites, many believe that they are inferior because they are larger than Spartans and have draw backs, when i play the most useful weapon is just the plasma grenade, and when I finally got a sword they had shotguns O_O its about them being picky is all, but it still makes no sense to just quit a game for a minor flaw *they could just choose different game type* then again idk how but I find Spartans are better at spawn killing also so many quit since they find it unfair

The players quit mostly when their Elites, many believe that they are inferior because they are larger than Spartans and have draw backs, when i play the most useful weapon is just the plasma grenade, and when I finally got a sword they had shotguns O_O its about them being picky is all, but it still makes no sense to just quit a game for a minor flaw *they could just choose different game type* then again idk how but I find Spartans are better at spawn killing also so many quit since they find it unfair

Crap, I love starting as elites in Invasion. Active Camo + Needler? And in Invasion Slayer on Hemmorage, add the Sniper? Yes please.

I know what you mean! I haven't played an enjoyable game of Invasion for a while now because so many people quit the game. Just the other day, I was the only person left on my team, against a full team of 6 :(

I had something similar to that happen to me only it was invasion slayer. I was the only person left on me team vs the full other team. In the end the other team ended up betraying eachother for no reason until there were only like 3 or 4 left. All people who were left had a dance party in a cave on Hemmorage.

:bananachief:

• Like 2

For me personally I would be mad if they increased the ban past 10 minutes, because whilst i'm at my dorm at school, if I play halo, the internet connection there will often get dropped because the server is overloaded, especially during finals week. I often get rage messages from people who complain that i left the game in the early stages and its all my fault that they lost, but in reality its because my internet connection sucks and my college dorm pretty much uses a potato as a router

Is there anything 343 can do to stop early quitters that's more than a 10 minute ban, im sick of joining an invasion game to find people immidiatly leave for no reason, it just makes the match unfair and reach's matchmaking terrible

I have always hated it when people quit especially when our team is winning and the whole losing team just leaves the game! I don't like that they leave... just because you are losing doesn't mean you should just give up... If ya'll know exactly what I mean... Because I would only appear like I am quitting since I lost connection to the game... which cannot be helped...which happens sometimes...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's a way to fix it in Halo Reach anymore. But i'm very glad to see that in Halo 4 joining sessions in progress will be possible. That is as long as quitting won't be punished anymore. Because in my opinion, you can either have no join session in progress like in previous Halo games, but then punish quitters because it makes a big difference.. or you can have join session in progress and don't punish quitters, because then it won't be that much of a difference anymore.

Also, i hope that when you don't get punished for quitting and do quit out of a game, you won't be put back into the same game 100 times.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the utter distress of your team leaving you instantly, trust me. Every game I play at least one of my teammates quit. But not everyone can finish a game, due to real life things i.e. internet connection farts, power outages, having to leave house, etc. But then again, people quit because they are mad as heck (which I do sometimes because I'm not going to sit on a video game and piss myself off to death) or they are just simply losers. I honestly feel like banning someone for quitting is really unfair. But having uneven teams is unfair too, so it will always be a lose-lose situation.