No More Elites?

Vas 'Caudanee

I speak on behalf of all Sangheli players. In Halo 3, you could customize your Elite's armor and mix it up, you could play as an Elite all the time. In Halo Reach, you have predetermined sets of armor, and you can choose to play as an Elite, [when possible, which is kind of pointless because the only gamemodes where you have choice is Forge or Custom Games.] But in Halo 4, multiplayer Elites are dissapearing completley. If 343 is trying to focus on creativity, why not have an Elite armor set/loadouts with "Elite points?", just like Spartans always have had. If Elites were playable, it would give more of that "hands on" feeling that I think 343 Industries is trying to go for. If multiplayer Elites is completley out of the question and unponderable, heres a suggestion, atleast inculde a playable part of campaign as an Elite, similar to Halo 2 where you play as the Arbiter, or better yet an "Elite Ops" function would be awesome. The precence of an Elite player in campaign will help reduce the stress of no Elites in multiplayer. Its drastic, I know, Im just trying to raise a point. This is by no means a hating rant.

• Like 1

What is there to be happy about? Its not like they directly interfere with gameplay, unless you choose a game mode with them in it.

Well, the game is o=not going to focus on elites as much. Actually they will only be around time to time. The Elites are in the backseat now and we have to focus on something different than just elites in the Reclaimer Trilogy.

No, there will be no elites in multiplayer for halo 4. They will, however, have a presence in campaign, they will be in custom games and forge, and there will also be a small mission ops that is similar to spartan ops, but called elite ops, where you play as an elite. Taking them out of multiplayer was needed to have the loose tie to the campaign that we want. Multiplayer in halo 4 takes place in a digital environment for spartan IV training. This training program allowed the spartans to test their tactics, learn to work as a team, and learn each others abilities/andvantages, and also their disadvantages. They did not include the fighting of elites, as it would not make sense in a spartan training program. See where this is going, and why they cannot be in the multiplayer?

• Like 3

I speak on behalf of all Sangheli players. In Halo 3, you could customize your Elite's armor and mix it up, you could play as an Elite all the time. In Halo Reach, you have predetermined sets of armor, and you can choose to play as an Elite, [when possible, which is kind of pointless because the only gamemodes where you have choice is Forge or Custom Games.] But in Halo 4, multiplayer Elites are dissapearing completley. If 343 is trying to focus on creativity, why not have an Elite armor set/loadouts with "Elite points?", just like Spartans always have had. If Elites were playable, it would give more of that "hands on" feeling that I think 343 Industries is trying to go for. If multiplayer Elites is completley out of the question and unponderable, heres a suggestion, atleast inculde a playable part of campaign as an Elite, similar to Halo 2 where you play as the Arbiter, or better yet an "Elite Ops" function would be awesome. The precence of an Elite player in campaign will help reduce the stress of no Elites in multiplayer. Its drastic, I know, Im just trying to raise a point. This is by no means a hating rant.

They are not getting rid of Elites completely they will be in the campaign.

I am Very worried Dude,i didnt Know there was a lot of Jackasses that Hate Elites in the Halo community. LETS MAKE 343 LISTEN TO US! If they do retire the elites from multiplayer,they will loose a lot of money,players and fans!

You really think halo 4 will lose money and fans because you can't play as elites? You guys will still buy halo 4 most likely or you can just never play halo again lol. Halo is about a spartan named master chief so how can you demand to play as an elite who is barely even part of the story anymore?

I am Very worried Dude,i didnt Know there was a lot of Jackasses that Hate Elites in the Halo community. LETS MAKE 343 LISTEN TO US! If they do retire the elites from multiplayer,they will loose a lot of money,players and fans!

People aren't hating on Elites, man. 343 technically has listened to people like you; because from what i'm hearing, there might be this thing called "Elite Ops". Based on your theory too, 343 should have already lost a lot of money, players, and fans because you can barely find an Elite in multiplayer currently! I just wanted to make a statement here however, don't go hating on me, people.

I am disappointed with the incompetence of other Sangheili fans, but really.

Seriously, much of this was clarified months ago. I set up three threads a while ago, why are people still complaining about affairs that have already been clarified?

THEY ARE GOING TO BE IN CUSTOM GAMES AND FORGE! BE GRATEFUL THAT THEY ARE EVEN IN THAT!

Can we please stop this, it doesn't even make sense any longer. I am a die hard Sangheili fan, but even I have reached the end of my tether.

I am disappointed with the incompetence of other Sangheili fans, but really.

Seriously, much of this was clarified months ago. I set up three threads a while ago, why are people still complaining about affairs that have already been clarified?

THEY ARE GOING TO BE IN CUSTOM GAMES AND FORGE! BE GRATEFUL THAT THEY ARE EVEN IN THAT!

Can we please stop this, it doesn't even make sense any longer. I am a die hard Sangheili fan, but even I have reached the end of my tether.

Well excuse us for apparently not doing enough research. If the Sangheili fans have the power to change things then we are sure as hell going to use it.

Just so we all know here, Elite ops has been a confirmed addition for quite some time. So there is really no need to be dissapointed, as a matter of fact elites will be in everything except for multiplayer. This should, by the elite lover standards, be satisfying.

Well excuse us for apparently not doing enough research. If the Sangheili fans have the power to change things then we are sure as hell going to use it.

That's the thing. You really don't. 343 Industries isn't going to go back and allow the use of Elites in matchmaking just because some fans want them to be playable in that mode. I don't doubt that they will still give us the option to play as them in Forge and Custom Games at the very least, so you will still have those two modes to help satisfy all of your Elite role playing needs. I understand how it feels to not be allowed to play with a certain model/look that you want in matchmaking. I myself am disappointed that Halo 3 only features a change in voice clips for female players instead of an actual female model, but you're still probably going to have SOME modes to play as Elites in. It's better than nothing.

• Like 1

That's the thing. You really don't. 343 Industries isn't going to go back and allow the use of Elites in matchmaking just because some fans want them in it. I don't doubt that they will still give us the option to play as them in Forge and Custom Games at the very least, so you will still have those two modes to help satisfy all of your Elite role playing needs. I understand how it feels to not be allowed to play with a certain model/look that you want in matchmaking. I myself am disappointed that Halo 3 only features a change in voice clips for female players instead of an actual female model, but you're still probably going to have SOME modes to play as Elites in. It's better than nothing.

In the beginning, when I first made this thread, I was under the impression the only Elites that would appear would be as enemies in campaign. The precence of them in just about every other mode is satisfying. Although it is still a shame they are not in multiplayer.

We can't really change it can we. At the end of the day we are just a bunch of gamers posing as a Community. Research? You cannot do research and act as if the game is going to be terrible, when it hasn't even been released. Sangheili are playable and you should be grateful. I alongside others made threads and sent e-mails and made YouTube videos and screenshots, now we can play as them. Fans like you need to be grateful and realise what we have instead of what we do not. We can still continue our fleets and our ways. However, it will be different and change is always good.

People aren't hating on Elites, man. 343 technically has listened to people like you; because from what i'm hearing, there might be this thing called "Elite Ops". Based on your theory too, 343 should have already lost a lot of money, players, and fans because you can barely find an Elite in multiplayer currently! I just wanted to make a statement here however, don't go hating on me, people.

im just saiyng that becaue a lot of people still "hiting me" just because i like elites.

btw i hope this Elite ops thing is true...

You really think halo 4 will lose money and fans because you can't play as elites? You guys will still buy halo 4 most likely or you can just never play halo again lol. Halo is about a spartan named master chief so how can you demand to play as an elite who is barely even part of the story anymore?

Dude,The ELITES ON HALO 3 SAVED THE ENTIRE PLANET,and helped master chief to get cortana and stop the halo ring,etc.

and thats the credit u and the othrs give to then??? no elites in halo 4? seriusly,if i cant play as an elite... I WONT BUY THIS GAME.(just being honest)

• Like 1

Dude,The ELITES ON HALO 3 SAVED THE ENTIRE PLANET,and helped master chief to get cortana and stop the halo ring,etc.

and thats the credit u and the othrs give to then??? no elites in halo 4? seriusly,if i cant play as an elite... I WONT BUY THIS GAME.(just being honest)

Correction: They assisted. Without Master Chief they would not even know what to do. Master Chief completed Halo: CE on his own alongside Halo 2. He could of done Halo 3 as well. I am a die hard Sangheili fan, but truth is truth.