Halo 4 "join in progress games" idea.

Archangel Tyrael

Well all i need to say is i support this but, i hope it isn't just join in like call of duty.

We should have "Quick match". A playlist where you can find faster games and join in progress games and leave whenever.

Also there should be "Ranked match". Rank matched is for more competitive style gameplay. You can not find games that are already in progress and if you leave will suffer a huge exp penalty.

I know this is just a small little topic. I just wanted to post my idea.

If you guys want to add more detail onto this idea go ahead. Mainly what i made this topic for anyways, to discuss this. I could see Quickmatch having a exp reduction too but i don't know.

• Like 6

I just want, socail and ranked playlists.

Both have one or two seperate playlists that are quick join, and the others be the classic, be bored and wait.

So have quick match option for both of them? That seems good, also i think quick matches should have no leader board stats just a fun quickmatch haha. Ranked should be leaderboard matches. Be a good way to see who is better than the other.

i dont like it much, i dont want to be joining games were the score difference is huge or the games about to end and get but on the losing team. happens to me all the time on CoD

But if it's in a social playlist, does it matter? I am completely for a join in progress system implemented into a social playlist, but I still say Ranked should be the good old stand by of waiting. How else are you going to match up against people appropriately?

I would like it if games were only joinable in the first 3 min. that way the match wont be an uphill battle once you start. Keep in mind that this should only be in a "social playlist" where stats are not affected.

the most recent Game Informer somewhat discussed the joining/quitting issues infamously associated with past Halo titles, and (apparently) integrated a new system that allows a player to join a matchmaking game only in order to replace a quitter, whether or not the quitter will be penalized remains to be seen but I doubt 343 will be as harsh about quitting as Bungie was

Well all i need to say is i support this but, i hope it isn't just join in like call of duty.

We should have "Quick match". A playlist where you can find faster games and join in progress games and leave whenever.

Also there should be "Ranked match". Rank matched is for more competitive style gameplay. You can not find games that are already in progress and if you leave will suffer a huge exp penalty.

I know this is just a small little topic. I just wanted to post my idea.

If you guys want to add more detail onto this idea go ahead. Mainly what i made this topic for anyways, to discuss this. I could see Quickmatch having a exp reduction too but i don't know.

well id rather not want an xp loss because what if there is something urgent going on and you have to leave a match or what if your power goes out?

I just want, socail and ranked playlists.

Both have one or two seperate playlists that are quick join, and the others be the classic, be bored and wait.

Exactly my opinion, it should be an option to quick join, not mandatory. Enough people will use the feature that it will work, and the traditionalists will be happy as well. Personally, I've done some of my best work when it's me against 4 others.

But if it's in a social playlist, does it matter? I am completely for a join in progress system implemented into a social playlist, but I still say Ranked should be the good old stand by of waiting. How else are you going to match up against people appropriately?

i dont dislike the idea, i just dont want it to effect my win/loss ratio. it did in CoD which means you get put againts people with the same "skill" as you by going by your win/loss ratio, which puts good players against bad players (no offence if your a bad player)

i dont dislike the idea, i just dont want it to effect my win/loss ratio. it did in CoD which means you get put againts people with the same "skill" as you by going by your win/loss ratio, which puts good players against bad players (no offence if your a bad player)

If it's tracking your Win/Loss ratio in social, then it's a fail on 343's part. Social is just that, social. You could match up against a brand spanking new recruit, you could match up against a 5 star general, it doesn't matter because the game is just for fun. In a ranked setting, where Win/Loss ratio's should matter, there shouldn't be an option for a Join In Progress just for that reason.

I said this in a topic similar to this one; it all depends on how they use it. First off, I say nay for ranked matches. To uneven. Even social I'm not sure about, because a lot of the time people quit because they are losing, so if you fill in their spot, you're hopelessly behind, and there's an instant loss for you. If they are going to include this system, it will need quite a bit of tweaking.

not a good idea because their can be people who are beast in halo and join the side you are facing and they are getting 10 or kills that wouldn't be fair

Yeah. This would make it very unfair for people who don't necessarily go for points but instead for wins.

I am right there with everyone who doesn't want this to be like Call of Duty, but at the same time I get into way too many matches where people will immediately leave the game or leave half way through because they are losing. Join session in progress would be a good idea but you'd have to be invited by a friend to join.

I am right there with everyone who doesn't want this to be like Call of Duty, but at the same time I get into way too many matches where people will immediately leave the game or leave half way through because they are losing. Join session in progress would be a good idea but you'd have to be invited by a friend to join.

Yeah, but inviting a friend in the middle of combat wouldn't be the easiest thing. Granted, now you have the option of taking a breather instead of respawning and you could do it then. Maybe. Somebody mentioned earlier about possibiliy only allowing it to choose games will only a few minutes off the clock, say 5, that way there is still a chance to make a comeback and the score won't be drastically out of reach.