When and Why to report a player over XBL

Great thread, so HLG would be considered "cheating"?

Since in HLG you die.. :3

In essence, yes. Although that's a bit of a grey area, considering that Microsoft and 343i (and even Bungie) have been well aware of the HLG community for a few years now. Evidence of this is shown in the updates that have been released fixing glitches on maps that allow players to exit the map. On the other hand, it's only cheating if they legitimately leave the map using glitches. Otherwise, it's just hiding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Team-killing is listed as a valid reason for reporting by MS. So...?

That's only if it's to the point where it impacts the match (i.e. you cannot possibly win). In Halo Reach, however, there is a feature that boots people who betray often enough to make it to where the other team will win no matter what. If the player betrays you enough that you can boot them, then you can report them for "Tampering; Cheating: The person used known or unknown in-game or other exploits to influence the results of a game."

Killing a player for a power weapon is "Unsportsmanlike Conduct", and is grounds for avoiding, not reporting, a player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have like 97% avoided me. Mostly for team killing back in Reach. Also 7% for trash talk even tho i never used a mic. I once got a picture in a message of some guy with a half hard co*k. He was on his back in bed spreading his *** cheeks apart showing his hairy *** hole. Did not report i laughed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does spawn trapping in grifball apply? Because people do it to me all the time. :/

yea but its not worth reporting cause you might as well report your teammates for betraying too its like going into COD 4  and trying to report the modders you would sit there for hours or even days

I dont think I am a avoided player at all.

Whenever I invite friends to join my  parties or game they always come

and say a friendly "hello."

Usually no one talks SMACK to me in the game lobby.

I always make new friends, and the ones I make say they prefer me and not avoid.

As well as being a prefered player I follow all the rules, follow all the games rules, dont hack or discuss it.

Even if someone did hack me I would know certainly what to do.

Wouldnt it be wonderful to have a community full of kind and fair people in the gaming world?

Just read the rules that are given and take them as a reminder

not to do certain things.

You guys are mature.

It would be awesome if people actually were kind to others, made real kind friends,

become more safer, more mature and if you guys follow the rules youngsters could actually feel in place

instead of cussing to get attention from their friends.

Just because someone breaks rules doesnt make them any cooler now does it?

Be the change you want to be not others.

So if team killing gets you banned does that mean all those times I ran into my teammates with the wharthog I could've gotten banned? It's not like I did it on purpose they just run straight in front of me.

Does spawn trapping in grifball apply? Because people do it to me all the time. :/

1. Only if you are doing it so much that it changes the "flow" of the game. One or two betrayals won't really raise any eyebrows, but 5 or more sure will. Usually you get booted from the lobby before you get enough betrayals to receive an XBL ban. Not to mention that if you are booted too many times you get temp banned from Halo Matchmaking anyway. lol

2. Yes, it does.

When people actually report others: Losing

Why people actually report others: Other's winning.

Why people report MinnesotaBurns, who has the world record of most accounts banned and most Xbox's banned: Butthurt from him earning money by trolling.

• Like 1