Merge the MA40 with the VK78

OG Chipper

I'd love to see these two rifles essentially fused into a single Assault Rifle platform. I'd stick to the VK87's ammo type (6.5mm) but with a more MA40-like aesthetic. The idea is that this new Assault Rifle would have a similar TTK as the VK78, but with a higher rate of fire and a diminished damage output in comparison. I'd place the magazine capacity at 30-40 like the MA40, and decrease the recoil on a per-round basis ever so slightly over the Commando. I think this would best suit a carbine-style, short-barreled rifle (maybe with an optional suppressor attachment).

That being said, the perfect balance might be difficult to achieve with it, but the effect of having a mid-accuracy, precision style, (maybe suppressed) machine gun, I think, is that the game and multiplayer might be more popular with new players, especially if it is made a default starting weapon over the standard MA series of Assault Rifles.

The reason for that is simple. It solves the Battle Rifle problem with an effectively high acuracy Automatic Rifle to contest and contend with the Battle rifle at low to mid-ranges. I personally think a 1.5× to 1.75× scope makes a lot of sense for a Short-Barreled Rifle like this.

I would say anywhere from 12 to as much as 15 rounds (headshots) would be suitable within the weapons effective range for a perfect kill, given a higher rate of fire over the standard VK78.

Edited by OG Chipper