Halo 4 ranking system: How it will work.

Baby Boo

Here, to maybe settle a bit of confusion, I have a more understandable explanation of the system at hand.

As you all know, they have implemented a mix system of Reach and Halo 3. As I have told you, how this works is that they have merged a 1-50 number with a corresponding rank symbol. While I am uncertain if the symbols are all the same as reach, it is the same concept. Now, they have brought back both credits and EXP. Credits are now called "Spartan Points". (yes sova, you were correct). And EXP remains it's original name, obviously. So how it works, is that you earn both spartan points and EXP for each win you get. (spartan points are achieved even in a loss). And, you will elevate in rank correspondingly. Set amount of EXP= rank up to next level. EXP is used solely for ranking up. This is where your spartan points come in. You can redeem spartan points for various items such as weapons, equipment, armor, and other things for your custom loadout.

*EXAMPLE*

You start out as a Level 1, symbol being the recruit from reach. You then earn the set amount of EXP to become a new rank. You then rank up to Level 2, Private. This goes on, 1-50, 50 being inheritor.

I hope this has cleared up some confusion from my original post. I know, OP was not written in the best way. Read this instead.

• 3 months later...

ReaDDDDDDD@@@@@@This game is doomed,"H4", ugh we need to MAKE A CHANGE ! PLEASE EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD, POST ON ALL FORUMS WE NEED A REAL 1-50 RANKING SYSTEM, NO BULL**** KITTY STUFF, THAT'S WHAT MADE HALO 3 one of the best games in the WORLD, TRUE SKILL, AND EVERYONE BASICALLY HAD RESPECT FOR US 50's, when we would come across each other and look the exp, replays ect, dang he has no "social matches" pure rank, THATS HOW WE TELL A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BAD KID, AND A GOOD KID, **** BEING A "NOVA" AND "ECLISPE" ECT, WE LOVE THE WHOLE GENERAL STUFF, PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE REPOST THIS EVERYONE, WE NEED H3 VIBES BACK !! ALL HALO REACH WAS ABOUT TAKING **** TO RANDOMS THAT WERE NOT A HALO 3, 50 honestly HOST WAS A HUGE FACTOR IN THAT GAME, I PLAY ON 10 sensitivty and I felt like EVERY Game I played on snipes AIM ASSIST WAS PATHETIC AND WEIRD IT WAS NOT SMOOTH WITHOUT HOST, YOU WOULD HAVE TO EVEN TRY A LITTLE HARDER TO PLAY WITHOUT HOST, HOW PATHETIC, PLEASE FIX THAT!!!!!!!!! HALO 4 cannot fail, or else WE PROMISE 343, everyone will return the game or just break it, RATINGS WILL GO DOWN, BEWARE #I BROKE HALO REACH JUST YESTERDAY. HALO3 will always be those TRUE PLAYER SKILLED PEOPLE OUT. <3

ReaDDDDDDD@@@@@@This game is doomed,"H4", ugh we need to MAKE A CHANGE ! PLEASE EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD, POST ON ALL FORUMS WE NEED A REAL 1-50 RANKING SYSTEM, NO BULL**** KITTY STUFF, THAT'S WHAT MADE HALO 3 one of the best games in the WORLD, TRUE SKILL, AND EVERYONE BASICALLY HAD RESPECT FOR US 50's, when we would come across each other and look the exp, replays ect, dang he has no "social matches" pure rank, THATS HOW WE TELL A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BAD KID, AND A GOOD KID, **** BEING A "NOVA" AND "ECLISPE" ECT, WE LOVE THE WHOLE GENERAL STUFF, PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE REPOST THIS EVERYONE, WE NEED H3 VIBES BACK !! ALL HALO REACH WAS ABOUT TAKING **** TO RANDOMS THAT WERE NOT A HALO 3, 50 honestly HOST WAS A HUGE FACTOR IN THAT GAME, I PLAY ON 10 sensitivty and I felt like EVERY Game I played on snipes AIM ASSIST WAS PATHETIC AND WEIRD IT WAS NOT SMOOTH WITHOUT HOST, YOU WOULD HAVE TO EVEN TRY A LITTLE HARDER TO PLAY WITHOUT HOST, HOW PATHETIC, PLEASE FIX THAT!!!!!!!!! HALO 4 cannot fail, or else WE PROMISE 343, everyone will return the game or just break it, RATINGS WILL GO DOWN, BEWARE #I BROKE HALO REACH JUST YESTERDAY. HALO3 will always be those TRUE PLAYER SKILLED PEOPLE OUT. <3

:coffee:
  • Like 1

1-50 I will try and do that! But will there be any different rank when you keep going on the ranks? Hope they do that...

After you finish the 1-50 there are 8 Specializations each with 10 levels to go through. Those specializations each have their own titles.

Don't bother, I couldn't care less about credit on forums.

All I hope for is that 343 employees take a good look at what people are discussing in these forums.

Which I'm positive they are - just keep in mind that no matter what, not everybody is going to be happy. While Major League Gaming is a huge section of their fanbase, 343i will always want the gameplay to feel friendly, and wants to make sure that a beginner can jump right in and get started. While I agree that another ranking system would certainly help with this aspect, I'm sure 343 has a method to their madness. Be patient - I'm sure you'll love the game either way. :)

I'm referring to the fact that they haven't confirmed or denied 1-50, yet somehow leaked other parts of the ranking system. Not sure how much longer I can wait for this.

Well you have two options, wait or join them and find out :P

i just hope that ranking up will be more skilled based, unlike halo reach where rank was based on time played

And padded stats