Ask The Director.

The Director

I have no life, less life than most, tbh, and if our world does not end/change dramatically on the 21st, I will have nothing left to hope for, so i'll be leaving Melbourne. Getting a one-way plane ticket to somewhere inter-continental, attempting to do something with myself. I want to help people. What do you suggest?

Is the "Necromancer" in Dol-Guldur Sauron? I think so, but i'm not sure...confirm?

Yes.

If Thermal Nuclear War broke out what is the percentage of people that would survive?

Depends on which areas were hit. Basically, what the missiles were aimed for. Everyone assumes that the missiles will be aimed at heavily populated cities, but this may not be the case. If they were to target strategic military points only, then probably around 40% of the world's population would die from nuclear related causes. The rest would probably have to either move to a different area or live underground or else suffer the same fate, but it would not be nearly as bad as movies and video games would have you believe. True, it would be the end of the world as we know it, but not the end of the world itself.

I have no life, less life than most, tbh, and if our world does not end/change dramatically on the 21st, I will have nothing left to hope for, so i'll be leaving Melbourne. Getting a one-way plane ticket to somewhere inter-continental, attempting to do something with myself. I want to help people. What do you suggest?

I suggest doing something that you love, and using whatever money you have left over after feeding, clothing, and housing yourself to help people. If you don't know what you love, then try doing a bit of everything that you can.
  • Like 2

Do you know the difference between "noobs" and "newbs"? If so, define.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/13804-on-the-nature-of-newb-and-noob/

I have a question that will stump you. what number am I thinking of right now??

I do not give out personal information, including what goes on in your head. You're welcome.
  • Like 1

Bacon Flavored coffee. Do Want?

I am not into the "bacon flavored" thing. I prefer straight up bacon. Artificial bacon just doesn't cut it for me.

Why did people say the phrase : "God bless you." after somebody sneezed?

A long, long time ago it was believed that sneezes preceded illness. So blessing people after a sneeze became customary, because it meant that you were wishing them good health. "God bless you" is simply the modern equivalent of that.

I also live by a nuclear power plant so I got to put that into play....yea I think I'd be dead.

Next question did you find or design your profile pic?

I found it. I did have to resize it to fit as an avatar pic, but other than that I didn't edit it.

A long, long time ago it was believed that sneezes preceded illness. So blessing people after a sneeze became customary, because it meant that you were wishing them good health. "God bless you" is simply the modern equivalent of that.

Ha I got you! There is no known answer to the question. Only theories. Another is that the soul would be lost through the nose because of a sneeze so saying "God bless you" is a way of protecting the person so they might retain their soul.

How many people would die in a nuclear war if they aimed for large population centers? (because they would.) And what is the chance of a nuclear war occurring?

Depends on the population of the population centers. There would be survivors though. And at the moment, pretty low. There aren't as many "nuclear" countries as the media would have you believe, and the ones with nuclear weapons are at an understanding about them. Not to mention that the SETI systems would make it pretty difficult to wage nuclear war.

Ha I got you! There is no known answer to the question. Only theories. Another is that the soul would be lost through the nose because of a sneeze so saying "God bless you" is a way of protecting the person so they might retain their soul.

Actually, yours is a common myth spread by people who don't know any better (people back then were not that stupid, the rate of sneezes with the type of sanitation that they had around would mean that over half the world at any given time would have lost their souls. Mutliple times). Mine is based on documented history and facts. :) Also, you should REALLY read the OP on "impossible questions". If they are, in fact, impossible then you still won't get the award if I answer them wrong. :P

Are you human or an advanced AI?

Neither. :D Or both? o.O

Time for some digging. What was my first topic I made and what did I suggest?

Easy enough. You suggested that by the end of the trilogy in halo 6 that they feature every single map that has ever appeared in Halo multiplayer. You posted it on the 11th of March, 2012 at 5:42 pm (my time). :D

What was your favorite gametype in Halo 2

Shotty Snipers and Swat. lol

Actually, yours is a common myth spread by people who don't know any better (people back then were not that stupid, the rate of sneezes with the type of sanitation that they had around would mean that over half the world at any given time would have lost their souls. Mutliple times). Mine is based on documented history and facts. :) Also, you should REALLY read the OP on "impossible questions". If they are, in fact, impossible then you still won't get the award if I answer them wrong. :P

1: The "myth" you speak of is still a legit reason for its existance. People back then were paranoid about many things.

2: Even if we do not know the answer currently it does not mean there is not one out there.

3: You stated that you had answered the question and then go and state that the question is one that is impossible to answer... So which is it? BTW I did read the op, thorized answers are still answers, even if they are not always correct. So in this case I could have selected from multiple possible answers, only one of which is the correct answer I was looking for. :P

1: The "myth" you speak of is still a legit reason for its existance. People back then were paranoid about many things.

2: Even if we do not know the answer currently it does not mean there is not one out there.

3: You stated that you had answered the question and then go and state that the question is one that is impossible to answer... So which is it? BTW I did read the op, thorized answers are still answers, even if they are not always correct. So in this case I could have selected from multiple possible answers, only one of which is the correct answer I was looking for. :P

I did not say that it was an impossible question, I said that impossible questions would still not get you the award. :D And no, yours is a myth. There is no documented evidence of that happening, however mine is documented. Srsly. Check it out.

I did not say that it was an impossible question, I said that impossible questions would still not get you the award. :D And no, yours is a myth. There is no documented evidence of that happening, however mine is documented. Srsly. Check it out.

I know it is dude, I have done my homework before asking.

Technicalities behind technicalities. How much more before somebody goes nuts?