Ask The Director.

The Director

Should I be concerned about not receiving my specialization codes if I updated my email from an inactive one to an active on just yesterday? My concern is that it gets sent to my inactive email and is lost for good. Tried contacting 343i support, but seems to be non-existent. Already contacted XBox Live support and they said I should be good. Any insight into this situation?

snapback.pngJoshua Nuxoll, on 27 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Please HELP!! My xbox live account was stolen from me then they modded the crap out of it! I had to revover my account and then when I got on halo 4 realized that I was like 5 ranks higher and my service tag was changed from JOSH to O__O. After playing 2-3 games I got a notice that I was banned permanently! I bought the limited edition and am a huge halo freak and now I'm banned for someone else messing with me PLEASE HELP!!!

You need to contact X-Box Live support for this. Your main concern should be that your account was stolen rather than that you were banned from Halo 4. Here you go: http://support.xbox....box-live/browse

I already have xbox live conducting an investigation until then I am concerned on my console ban I can't even use another profile until the investigation is over. Can the ban be lifted or at least changed to profile ban rather than console so I can use a different account?

Unfortunately I do not have the power to do that, as I do not work for Microsoft or 343i. My suggestion is to play on a different console for now.

How are you so intelligent?

Also, I wish to purchase all Halo novels that are considered canon. Is it possible for you to list them or send me in the right direction? I already have the Fall of Reach ( I hope that's canon... ) as my aim for 2013 is to read all of them.

Is it true that reading is great for expanding your use of greater vocabulary and being able to use and say big words? :P.

Many thanks.

I was born with a decent brain and haven't let it slip into a state of decay. And yes, if you take the time to look the words up and learn how to pronounce them.

Here's a list of Halo books, in no particular order.

The Fall of Reach

The Flood

First Strike

Ghosts of Onyx

The Cole Protocol

Contact Harvest

Halo Evolutions (1 and 2)

Cryptum

Primordium

Silentium

Glasslands

The Thursday War

and "Halo Graphic Novel", which is a comic book.

Should I be concerned about not receiving my specialization codes if I updated my email from an inactive one to an active on just yesterday? My concern is that it gets sent to my inactive email and is lost for good. Tried contacting 343i support, but seems to be non-existent. Already contacted XBox Live support and they said I should be good. Any insight into this situation?

If XBLS said you should be good, then you should be good. Otherwise, I would suggest checking both accounts to see if you get the code. Which you should have by now.

Are you just doing this to show how amazing you are?

Nah lol I just got bored a while back. This kept me entertained. :D

In an molecule of NH3 how many unshared electron pairs are on the center atom?

So basically, in a molecule of Ammonia how many unshared electron pairs are in the Nitrogen atom? One.

What percentage of these questions could you have answered without the internet?

0%... Because I need internet to be able to access this post... And therefor the questions...

What is the correct algorithm of the Halo 3 ranking system?

There are actually several. If someone has told you that there is only one, then they are mistaken. There are separate algorithms for nearly every gametype in Halo 3. Team Swat, Team Slayer, Lone Wolf, etc. There are also two separate types of rank as well, one has a very simple algorithm (1 win = 1 exp) and the other varies as stated previously. The algorithms for the second ranking system (i.e. 1-50) range from complex to rather simple.

Why are we here?

"It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some... cosmic coincidence? Or is there really a God, watching everything, you know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night." - Grif (or Griff according to Caboose)

Or something like that. lol

Well duh xD

umm...

Who and what is Derpy ;)

I do not give out personal information.

What is the 1-50 algorithm for Halo 3 MLG Playlist?

If win then:

(tslv+otsl)*(wp-tmsl)=SP SL+SP = CSL

If loss then:

(tslv+otsl)*(wp-tmsl)=-SP SL+-SP = CSL

That means: SP = Skill Points, SL = Skill Level, CSL = Current Skill Level, wp = Win Percentage, osl = Opponent's truskill Level, tslv=truskill level, tmsl = team mate skill level.

In Halo 3, your truskill level is based off of a 0.00 to 1.00 score that is determined from how good you are in the game. It's very similar to Halo Reach's BPR score, except with a decimal. That number is then added to your opponents truskill level (also 0.00 to 1.00). Then your win percentage is turned into an average (similar to k/d ratio) to eliminate "accidental wins". This number is then subtracted from your team mate's truskill level. The lower your team mate's truskill level, the higher the resulting number will be. This is why deranker boosting is effective. Anyways, you multiply the two numbers together to get the amount of Skill Points you earn from that match. As you can guess, that number is usually a decimal. If you lose, then the number becomes a negative. So here is how it would work.

If your tsl is .5 and your opponent's is .4 and your teammates is .6 and your win percentage is 70% and your SL is 25 then:

(.5+.4)*(.7-.6) = If win: 0.01 if loss: -0.01

0.01+25=25.01 -0.01+25=24.99

The number is not rounded up (the decimal numbers do not appear), so you would see a drop from 25 to 24 by losing that match. The max is 50, the min is 1 (as you already know).

This is information that I have gleaned by the way that the ranking system in the MLG playlist seems to work. Bungie has not released the actual mathematical algorithm for their ranking systems, so we may never know if this is actually the algorithm or not.

I do not give out personal information.

If win then:

(tslv+otsl)*(wp-tmsl)=SP SL+SP = CSL

If loss then:

(tslv+otsl)*(wp-tmsl)=-SP SL+-SP = CSL

That means: SP = Skill Points, SL = Skill Level, CSL = Current Skill Level, wp = Win Percentage, osl = Opponent's truskill Level, tslv=truskill level, tmsl = team mate skill level.

In Halo 3, your truskill level is based off of a 0.00 to 1.00 score that is determined from how good you are in the game. It's very similar to Halo Reach's BPR score, except with a decimal. That number is then added to your opponents truskill level (also 0.00 to 1.00). Then your win percentage is turned into an average (similar to k/d ratio) to eliminate "accidental wins". This number is then subtracted from your team mate's truskill level. The lower your team mate's truskill level, the higher the resulting number will be. This is why deranker boosting is effective. Anyways, you multiply the two numbers together to get the amount of Skill Points you earn from that match. As you can guess, that number is usually a decimal. If you lose, then the number becomes a negative. So here is how it would work.

If your tsl is .5 and your opponent's is .4 and your teammates is .6 and your win percentage is 70% and your SL is 25 then:

(.5+.4)*(.7-.6) = If win: 0.01 if loss: -0.01

0.01+25=25.01 -0.01+25=24.99

The number is not rounded up (the decimal numbers do not appear), so you would see a drop from 25 to 24 by losing that match. The max is 50, the min is 1 (as you already know).

This is information that I have gleaned by the way that the ranking system in the MLG playlist seems to work. Bungie has not released the actual mathematical algorithm for their ranking systems, so we may never know if this is actually the algorithm or not.

I think you might just be equal to or greater then god. :respect:

Why does it seem like every Christmas is lossing more and more Christmas spirit?

I think you might just be equal to or greater then god. :respect:

Why does it seem like every Christmas is lossing more and more Christmas spirit?

Because you are growing up. One day, Christmas will be only about buying people presents for you. Then you'll have kids and it will become stressful, oh so stressful.

To Bacon? or not to Bacon?

To Bacon. Also, an interesting little tid-bit, the original verse "To be, or not to be, that is the question. Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer the Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune, or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, and by opposing end them: to die, to sleep no more; and by a sleep, to say we end the Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks that Flesh is heir to?" is questioning whether it is truly wrong to commit suicide. Kind of odd that "To be, or not to be" became so famous when you think about it.

Do you prefer summer sausage or honey ham?

I prefer honey ham. I'm not a huge fan of sausage.

Do you like Top Gear?

Yes, but it's not my favorite.