Will Elites be Playable?

Darklarik

Yes and no. Elites, because of the way the story Is tied to multiplayer, will not be in matchmaking. However, they will be playable in forge and custom games.

Not in Matchmaking :thumbdown: ?

Im not asking for a Halo 3 kind of presence, but like in Halo: Reach, an Elite Slayer gametype wouldent hurt for those wanting to play as there favorite dinosaurs.

• Like 1

You don't understand... Halo 4 matchmaking is Spartan IV training. It is a virtual combat system that allows spartans to practice everything with each other, aboard the Infinity . It was not posible to include elites, despite the sadness itll cause.

:thumbdown: So their copying assassins creed huh. Aw well. Really bummed that they would remove Elites just so tie the multiplayer to the story :mad: I think they are losing out on a lot of potential awesomeness (game play wise) just to do this story tie-in that probably wont be elaborated to much and wouldn't have ended up making a big difference if it hadn't been tied to the story.

Very Very dissapointed..... :(:

Don't worry, the elites may make a comeback. They may also still be playable in custom games and forge (I haven't heard for sure yet, but Frankie is the one who started the rumor). There may even be an Elite Ops (Frankie started this rumor too lol). They are confirmed to appear in the campaign, so they will still be around.

Also, quick question, what's the point in playing a game if you aren't interested in the story at all? Sorry but it just bewilders me.

• Like 1

Don't worry, the elites may make a comeback. They may also still be playable in custom games and forge (I haven't heard for sure yet, but Frankie is the one who started the rumor). There may even be an Elite Ops (Frankie started this rumor too lol). They are confirmed to appear in the campaign, so they will still be around.

Also, quick question, what's the point in playing a game if you aren't interested in the story at all? Sorry but it just bewilders me.

i DO play games for their stories, i just dont find it neccesary to pull elites out of multiplayer JUST to tie it into the campaing, since the tie in will probably be really pathetic.

Im glad elites aren't in, they're hard to kill and are just annoying, but, as everyone has said, they may make a return in some form to matchmaking, and are in custom games and forge.

Elites are in campaing, so you better prepare. Im just pissed they arent in Multiplayer...

I really hope they are playable in custom games and in forge mode. I also really hope they do elite ops. That would be pretty epic. Almost as epic as Master Chief, or The Arbiter. Or pie. Ok I need to stop typing everything I think. Anyway, I hope they are in some form of game mode. Otherwise the elite community will get even more pissed off then it already is. So for 343i's sake, I hope they put elites as playable characters somewhere in Halo 4. Well I'm gonna go hide and wait for the after math of the Elite-343i War. Bye! :sofa:

I really hope they are playable in custom games and in forge mode. I also really hope they do elite ops. That would be pretty epic. Almost as epic as Master Chief, or The Arbiter. Or pie. Ok I need to stop typing everything I think. Anyway, I hope they are in some form of game mode. Otherwise the elite community will get even more pissed off then it already is. So for 343i's sake, I hope they put elites as playable characters somewhere in Halo 4. Well I'm gonna go hide and wait for the after math of the Elite-343i War. Bye! :sofa:

The thing about custom games is that im worried if people will play them at all. I remember in Halo 3 i played almost as many custom games as i did matchmaking. but in reach custom games where almost non-existant. thats why i want a way to be an elite in matchmaking.

i DO play games for their stories, i just dont find it neccesary to pull elites out of multiplayer JUST to tie it into the campaing, since the tie in will probably be really pathetic.

They aren't necessarily tying it into the campaign. They are tying it into the Halo Universe. That means that everything that happens in the multiplayer will be canon, and will influence other Halo games and books. No one would do that in a pathetic way lol that would be ruining their game.

I sometimes play games for FUN, like they were INTENDED FOR...

I know several people who play games for cheevos (achievements)...

I know approximately 25 people who play games to "stay in fashion"...

And I know around 12 people who play games to vent their anger.

That is 5 reasons, (including your's) and my only reasons are yours and my 1st.

Well, it is simply a matter of what you do if you'd like to play as an elite in custom games. You simply just had to select 'Player', then 'Prefered species' and then 'Elite'. Clearly, it was just a matter of laziness, or uncaring.

Of course id play as an elite in custom games, but the thing is WILL their be that many custom games? i remember in Halo 3 i played a million of them, then in reach it like died down and none of my friends ever played it...

thats why i wanted just a gametype, like elite slayer or invasion.

• 8 months later...