Halo to NOT be at events anymore.

Mr Biggles

The Halo community, players and fans alike, came out in force at the Winter Championship to support MLG’s longest-running franchise. Your loyalty and enthusiasm did not go unnoticed, and we know you’ve been waiting to find out what Spring has in store. We’re happy to announce that Halo will be a part of the Season through a new online Halo: Reach Spring League; however, the game will not be played live at the Spring Championship.

We are continuing to work with the game publishers in order to potentially feature the Halo franchise at a future Pro Circuit Championship event, and will provide updates as soon as they are available. In the meantime, there’s plenty of Halo to be played.

The Halo: Reach Spring competition will be played on GameBattles. Registration is now open and will remain open until May 23. The registration fee is 25 GB Credits per player, and anyone living in North America may enter.

After registration closes, teams will be split into divisions, and League play will begin. The League will run for two months, with teams playing every Tuesday and Thursday night at 9pm ET. At the end of League play, the top teams will be seeded into a double elimination bracket that will run for several weeks. We will be covering League and Bracket play on a regular basis, and tracking the progress of teams throughout the Season.

The Spring Ladder gives you the opportunity to stay in the game and keep your skills polished, while winning prize money in the process. How much prize money? It’s up to you. 100% of registration fees will go towards prizing, so the more teams that register, the higher the prize purse gets. Sign up nowand be a part of Spring Halo: Reach!

Opinions?

Off: http://www.majorleag...e-spring-season

They didn't say it was gone.. they said they are trying to get it to work for other events.

However, I was not pleased when I read this on facebook a day ago. 343i even was trying to build maps and such for MLG... shoot they even brought back the BR for goodness sake!

I am displeased with MLG. They are no longer MLG imo.

BTW: I commented on the MLG status where this was announced and my comment was:

"We Are Halo" I checked back 5 minutes later and it was deleted.

I was kinda pissed that MLG has turned it's back on the Halo community that has supported it for YEARS.Without Halo, I se a big drop in MLG.

Just awful. Halo is one of, if not the, best games to watch on MLG. I thought made a great revival with the TU, I'm almost disgusted by this news.

TU wasn't enough, although it got me playing. This isnt implying that halo 4 wont be on the ciruit though.

Halo was, well, the first game for MLG! I go back to the Halo 2 days and watch how people traveled all over the world for champion ships, this is kinda like a stab in the balls for Halo. Without Halo, where would they be? They can't do this.

Even though Reach is 2 years old. that doesn't mean anything. I am displease with the world we live in today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

everyone says that Halo made MLG, while that is true, ithink its quite a good move for halo not to be at anaheim.

Anaheim has always been reknown for a shortage of people, and with less people playing reach, even less people will turn up for anaheim.

Also, Reach isn't a fun game to watch anymore, i thought Halo 3 was better to watch, and i didn't really like halo 3, reach is one of those games which is only fun to play IMO.

• Like 1

Why does this surprise people. Halo Reach was awful. Competitive gamers dont want to play Reach. Hence Halo Reach not on the competitive circuit. Yeah it's a damn shame but i mean they cant force people to want to play an awful game (no offense). Hopefully Halo 4 brings back the competitive gamers.

• Like 2

Halo WAS the first game and it made it the way it is today, besides the point EVERY SINGLE GAME they play except for Halo is very boring. What is going to happen to all the teams and players? This is a big dissapointment to me, but then again, it is Halo: Reach we are talking about, and that wasn't my cup of tea. Hope they bring this to Halo 4, looks like it has the feel of it.

Halo MLG Is dying.

Affirmative, everything good dies eventually. It is a sad process. Halo MLG was the start of a revolution. One of the only games that took skill was apart of MLG, an achievement. It is a shame that good things die, a deep shame, especially a type that people loved dearly.

Affirmative, everything good dies eventually. It is a sad process. Halo MLG was the start of a revolution. One of the only games that took skill was apart of MLG, an achievement. It is a shame that good things die, a deep shame, especially a type that people loved dearly.

It was always going to die, it couldn't complete with games like SC2 or LoL.

Wow, MLG is really starting to become worse and worse, first doing games like StarCraft and then leaving Halo? I kinda wish there would be a new halo-exclusive pro-circuit or something, MLG is getting LAME.

0_o

You guys do know that there literally wouldn't be such a thing as Esports without Starcraft. No starcraft = No MLG