Anybody know some really good strategy games for PC?

King of Winter

Empire at War's a lot of fun if you're into Star Wars, there's a good mix of actual battles and strategy on the galactic map. The space battles are really cool, too.

Rome: Total War is a blast, though it can be fairly processor-intensive. It also has more fun battles than either Medieval, Empire, or Shogun, but the actual campaign map is a little lacking in comparison. Barbarian Invasion is also probably the best expansion for it, if you're interested in going down that route.

As far as Command and Conquer goes, Red Alert 2 probably has the most fun multiplayer, although Tiberium Wars has the most balanced and realistic: I wasn't really impressed by either Tiberium Twilight or Red Alert 3, the first of which seemed like an obvious attempt to make money without really thinking about gameplay, and the latter of which is so concerned with being 'quirky' that it often forgets that it's a game.

Earth 2150 is a HUGE amount of fun to play, and probably has the most interesting style of campaign that I've ever seen in a videogame. The only problems are that the you might find it hard to get a copy of it these days, and the multiplayer is somewhat unbalanced - that's not the end of the world, though. I've heard Earth 2160 is a lot of fun, but haven't played it personally, so I can't really offer advice on that from a personal standpoint.

As ever, Starcraft is incredibly fun and perfectly balanced, and has a lot better campaigns than it's often given credit for - Starcraft 2 in particular has a very well put-together campaign. If you wan to stay on the Blizzard path, you could also check out Warcraft 3, which is still fairly easy to get hold of and has great multiplayer - especially if you download some of the custom maps that people have made. Its expansion, Frozen Throne, is well worth a play too.

The only other game I can think of is Civilisation, and that's strictly speaking a TBS rather than an RTS, but is still a lot of fun. I personally liked the fourth more than the fifth, as the latter was just too streamlined for my tastes, but they're both worth a play. Beyond the Sword is probably the best of the expansions for that, anyway.

Hope this helps, and happy gaming!

Empire at War's a lot of fun if you're into Star Wars, there's a good mix of actual battles and strategy on the galactic map. The space battles are really cool, too.

Rome: Total War is a blast, though it can be fairly processor-intensive. It also has more fun battles than either Medieval, Empire, or Shogun, but the actual campaign map is a little lacking in comparison. Barbarian Invasion is also probably the best expansion for it, if you're interested in going down that route.

As far as Command and Conquer goes, Red Alert 2 probably has the most fun multiplayer, although Tiberium Wars has the most balanced and realistic: I wasn't really impressed by either Tiberium Twilight or Red Alert 3, the first of which seemed like an obvious attempt to make money without really thinking about gameplay, and the latter of which is so concerned with being 'quirky' that it often forgets that it's a game.

Earth 2150 is a HUGE amount of fun to play, and probably has the most interesting style of campaign that I've ever seen in a videogame. The only problems are that the you might find it hard to get a copy of it these days, and the multiplayer is somewhat unbalanced - that's not the end of the world, though. I've heard Earth 2160 is a lot of fun, but haven't played it personally, so I can't really offer advice on that from a personal standpoint.

As ever, Starcraft is incredibly fun and perfectly balanced, and has a lot better campaigns than it's often given credit for - Starcraft 2 in particular has a very well put-together campaign. If you wan to stay on the Blizzard path, you could also check out Warcraft 3, which is still fairly easy to get hold of and has great multiplayer - especially if you download some of the custom maps that people have made. Its expansion, Frozen Throne, is well worth a play too.

The only other game I can think of is Civilisation, and that's strictly speaking a TBS rather than an RTS, but is still a lot of fun. I personally liked the fourth more than the fifth, as the latter was just too streamlined for my tastes, but they're both worth a play. Beyond the Sword is probably the best of the expansions for that, anyway.

Hope this helps, and happy gaming!

Total war is a great Strategy game series!!! I prefer Shogun2. :)

The Dawn of War series is really cool. I have only played the demo, but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun! guess how many times i've played it? 100? 200? truth is, It's no less that 500!