Ideas for new Armor Abilities.

CrimsonEYEZ

I had a brilliant idea. So it's something like Sprint, but more of a teleport device, only being able to be used once before recharge. It would teleport you just short of the distance the sprint would take you, in the direction you are currently facing. It would be called like Transport or something? Also, it wouldn't let you teleport up at all, or that would be abused.

Here is a list of AAs that I have come up with...

Chameleon: Similar to Active Camo but instead of going invisible, you just blend in with whatever you're next to, like a chameleon...

Pros - Good Camo, Great for sniping, No radar mumbo jumbo

Cons - Promotes Camping (But only short periods), Not as great as Camo, can't move or you become visible til next use

Power: For a 5 Second period of time, with a 10 second recharge, you get a choice of any power weapon you want, based on which one you placed in your custom loadout

Pros - If you are in need of some backup, but no one to save you, whip out your giant p...ower weapon and blast 'em away

Cons - Abuse of Ability, very short time limit, promotes camping

Flash: You get a sprint on top of your sprint, used for double the speed of your normal sprint. (Auto used when sprint used)

Pros - Can get from one location to another very quickly, Get out of a bad situation even quicker than before

Cons - If not controlled, you can splatter yourself against a wall/rail/other spartan

Booster: Increases Jump height by 1.5x normal height (Auto used when jump [optional])

Pros - Can be used to reach places other can't, Can be used as advantage over other player in combat situation

Cons - Not as effective as Jetpack, If not controlled, player may easily fall of cliff/edge of map/railing

Swapper: Swaps player color to opponents and puts fake teammate icon over your head visible to opponents...

Pros - Can secretly attack opponents while thinking you are on their team

Cons - Lasts 15 seconds, If they check scoreboard you're still on your own team, they quickly find out once you kill them

Clone: Creates a double of you, on your side, that imitates your actions. (For reference: http://gotchaforce.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Ninja)

Pros - Doubles the firepower

Cons - Double the chance of being killed (If either you or the clone is killed, you will die)

Faker: Fakes your death in a way that when some one "kills" you, you fall on the floor until you press x (5 seconds max) then you get back up and take your revenge.

Pros - Trick your enemies into thinking you died

Cons - Doesn't show up as kill for opponent, can be ACTUALLY killed if opponent is smart enough to shoot you on the ground

Th- Th- Th- Th- Th- Th- That's all folks!

Hacker is just copieing of cods scrabbler and its stupped. telliporter would be cheap for vehicals and quick excape. Maybe a flash light would be better with the same effects as bf3. or they could just get rid of them.

Here's a good one. A spell check armor ability which can be recharge while browsing and be used once when you post.

Also you are stupid. You complain that he is copying off cod and that he is stupid for it. Then you copy off BF3. I really don't see your logic behind it. And it is armor abilities not attachments. If I had a flashlight it wouldn't have a rechargeable battery that works for 15 seconds at a time

Chameleon: Similar to Active Camo but instead of going invisible, you just blend in with whatever you're next to, like a chameleon...

Cons - Promotes Camping (But only short periods), Not as great as Camo, can't move or you become visible til next use

Power: For a 5 Second period of time, with a 10 second recharge, you get a choice of any power weapon you want, based on which one you placed in your custom loadout

Pros - If you are in need of some backup, but no one to save you, whip out your giant p...ower weapon and blast 'em away

Flash: You get a sprint on top of your sprint, used for double the speed of your normal sprint. (Auto used when sprint used)

Pros - Can get from one location to another very quickly, Get out of a bad situation even quicker than before

Cons - If not controlled, you can splatter yourself against a wall/rail/other spartan

Booster: Increases Jump height by 1.5x normal height (Auto used when jump [optional])

Pros - Can be used to reach places other can't, Can be used as advantage over other player in combat situation

Cons - Not as effective as Jetpack, If not controlled, player may easily fall of cliff/edge of map/railing

Swapper: Swaps player color to opponents and puts fake

teammate icon over your head visible to opponents...

Cons - Lasts 15 seconds, If they check scoreboard you're still on your own team, they quickly find out once you kill them

Clone: Creates a double of you, on your side, that imitates your actions. (For reference: http://gotchaforce.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Ninja)

Cons - Double the chance of being killed (If either you or the clone is killed, you will die)

Faker: Fakes your death in a way that when some one "kills" you, you fall on the floor until you press x (5 seconds max) then you get back up and take your revenge.

Cons - Doesn't show up as kill for opponent, can be ACTUALLY killed if opponent is smart enough to shoot you on the ground

Cool ideas. But I would say no to every single one of those. The only part I like is the no scramble on invisibility.

• Like 1

Lunge: everyone always struggles to get close enough to the opponent to melee. With lunge, you jump towards them, hitting them, and knock out their shields.

I think that will be acomplished with sprint being a default ability given to all players.

I had a brilliant idea. So it's something like Sprint, but more of a teleport device, only being able to be used once before recharge. It would teleport you just short of the distance the sprint would take you, in the direction you are currently facing. It would be called like Transport or something? Also, it wouldn't let you teleport up at all, or that would be abused.

Maybe it could be called "Dash" similar to Resistance 3's Dash on the PS3. I love using dash in R3! Would be cool to have in Halo 4 as well. It' could be the new Sprint in Halo 4 lol, use it to get away from enemies like you did with Sprint in Reach.

Maybe a flash light would be better with the same effects as bf3

I've thought about an ability where you create a huge flash of light that blinds players relative to their distance from you. The only way to make it fair though is if it partially blinds you as well, though not as much as someone right next to you.

Example:

Lets say someone is rushing you with a sword. you quickly acivate your aa (i'll call it "nova" for the rest of this) nova to blind them. You are partially blinded but know you need to move out of the way. The sword guy is now blind and will blindly swing his sword in the initial direction, opening you to either counter or run. Of course the sword guy could simply spin in circles as he starts to regain his eyesight, but this should give you ample time to at least start shooting him or run.

So, what do you guys think about "nova"?

Hacker is just copieing of cods scrabbler and its stupped. telliporter would be cheap for vehicals and quick excape. Maybe a flash light would be better with the same effects as bf3. or they could just get rid of them.

I would also like to point out that you were upset at the thought of Halo copying another game's feature (CoD hacker) but then you were perfectly fine with Halo using something similar to BF3. I've said this somewhere else, but all games have similar features. its impossible to avoid similarities throughout games, especiallyin today's market.

Swapper: Swaps player color to opponents and puts fake teammate icon over your head visible to opponents...

I like all of your ideas.

There was a radar jammer or "scrambler" back in Halo 3.

EMP: Armor Lock esque ability that stuns vehicles and/or drains shields/shuts off radar, in local area for a short duration (think 2 seconds). Casting player is immobile while ability is active and his/her shields are completely drained regardless of how long he stayed in EMP mode. In addition, players whose shields were drained by the EMP will be recharged very fast. In addition, any vehicle that is carried out of the EMP radius by momentum will remain stunned for no more than 1 second.

The duration, AoE and recharge rate (which should be high) could all be tweaked for balances sake.

Lol chuck Norris machiene

What I think would be good would be an armour ability would be instead of evade make your mp a bit higher or the hologram but what's different is that it's a dummy u can assassinate it but u won't get any points and not b able 2 run through it like the last hologram