Players Dropping from Ranked Matches

Doink

Well.....

Ive watched the professional matches and when a player drops - EVERYTHING stops until a reconnection is made by the lost player.

Here is a thought - On ranked matches - when a player DC's - pause the game and fill the slot with an equivalent player.  Yes PAUSE!

I would expect the matchmaking algorithm stacks 4v4 as even as possible - so when a player drops - odds are you lose on the short team.  Also in almost every case - you lose 7+ points.  HOWEVER on the other side of that - when you are on the lopsided winning  team - averages are +5-6 points. 

Either that or maybe consider making the match moot AND penalizing the player who left an ENTIRE level - ex. GOLD 6 to GOLD 5.  Yes some players have their game crash - not sure if your logs see that - but that may be a tough one to implement and keep your player base - I believe to a player - they would support the filling the slot and pausing the game.  Less so making the match moot.

Just my two cents.

OH additional thought - a player that DCs dont take away points - but ban for 30 minutes - either fix the internet or stop quitting - game crashing....well that is something 343 can address....

Doink

Edited by Doink

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...