bungie vs 343 Industries

HALO 4 FAN

People cant really give their true opinions on this because 343 only released one game so far which was a remake of Bungie's game and Halo 4 isn't even out yet so with that being said I think Bungie is better... for now.

This isn't really a fair question at the moment but from what I've seen from videos the amount of resources being thrown at Halo 4 by 343 is enormous I am not discounting bungies contribution which was enormous and they are incredible but just the shear amount of time and effort going into halo 4 I got to say from what I've seen so far 343 all the way

343 because their better

any evidence to back up your statement???

This isn't really a fair question at the moment but from what I've seen from videos the amount of resources being thrown at Halo 4 by 343 is enormous I am not discounting bungies contribution which was enormous and they are incredible but just the shear amount of time and effort going into halo 4 I got to say from what I've seen so far 343 all the way

What if bungie weren't there, would you commend 343i? Bungie is what shaped 343i so what you like came from Bungie. (Not hating, just throwing it out there for the readers to stop upcoming arguments if we get one).

• 4 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAha,

Oh, you're serious? Well let's look at it this way, who revolutionized the gaming industry, and who has made an HD re-make of an old game, a mappack, and a rather crappy RTS? Bungie made Marathon firstly, which was the first First Person Shooter to have a deep plot, one that blows Halo out of the water. Marathon alone puts Bungie above all else for me. Bungie also made the Myth games, which I've never played, but I've heard were good. Bungie also made Oni, which I also haven't played, but heard was good. Then Bungie made Halo CE, which of course, launched the XBOX (and is likely the main reason it took off), pioneered the realm of the blockbuster game, and went on to make Halo 2 and 3. They also made ODST in a little over a year. ODST was easily the greatest Halo game, and they made that in less than a year with a crazy-small staff. Although, kudos must also be given to how each halo in the main series has three or so years behind it, ensuring each game was fantastic.

Also, appreciation must be given to Bungie as they've survived despite keeping the company of sharks. When they moved into Microsoft and got an office, they ripped out the damned walls and changed the lock. XO's want to come in? They have to knock. Now they're moved over to Activision and are working on a massive MMO FPS that will most likely revolutionize the industry once more. From the leaks I've seen of Destiny, it looks badass. And deep. On B.Net, we're currently piecing together a map from various clues on Bungie merchandise, the website, etc. Lotsa stuff.

Meanwhile, 343i has yet to technically make a game that has been released. Halo CEA was an updated game, Halo Wars was actually made by Ensemble Studios, and Halo 4 has yet to release. Even if '4 does turn out good, they can't stand up to Bungie. Bungie is twenty years old, still going strong, and has made more cult classics than most other production studios, save ID Tech (but unlike ID Tech, most Bungie games knock the ball outa the park. DOOM's just a grind.)

Trying to compare Bungie and 343i is like trying to compare a grizzled war veteran who has more metal on his chest than you have silverware to a toddler.