Forerunners Confirmed To Be In Halo 4

deus_ex_machina

In the final terminal in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, 343 Guilty Spark says,

"And without the Librarian around to temper HIS rage, well, these reclaimers might almost prefer The Flood."

A video of the final terminal can be found

At the end of the video, we are presented with this image:

7097272249_98122a3bd5_z.jpg

Interestingly enough, this is the symbol of The Didact:

6951209862_a25aa0bb74.jpg

For those that don't know, the Didact is the head of the Forerunner military. Here's some in-depth info.

343 has previously stated that the terminals in Halo: CE Anniversary tie in directly to Halo 4.

This is absolute confirmation that the Didact, and likely more Forerunners, will be in Halo 4 and, more than likely, they will be the main enemy.

I'd say we're definitely seeing the Forerunners but I would not say it's safe to assume we're fighting them. No it's been confirmed we're fighting indigenous species of Requiem, the world we land in.

But why would 343 Guilty Spark say that the reclaimers (Humans) would almost prefer The Flood unless the Didact, and by association the Forerunners, would be hostile toward Humans?

The Precursors created the Human race to fight Forerunners, for ****'s sake.!

But why would 343 Guilty Spark say that the reclaimers (Humans) would almost prefer The Flood unless the Didact, and by association the Forerunners, would be hostile toward Humans?

The Precursors created the Human race to fight Forerunners, for ****'s sake.!

That's incorrect actually deus, the Forerunners created the Humans as slaves. But I think it's possible if we do come in contact with the Didact that he'd be hostile at first, but would not be the main enemy.

What?? If there are no forerunners, and VERY scarce covenant... Who will we fight??

Oh I'm sure there'll be Forerunners Bullet but I don't think they're the main enemy. They might be hostile at first if we come in contact with them but they're not the ancient, dark threat Chief is set to fight

TheDidact might not be our enemy, because The old Didact was harsh to humans, but the newest one isn't (Bornstellar) and the one with the rage was I think it might be The master builder, unless the new Didact was fully taken over by the old one

I wonder if there will be an option to play as a Forerunner....

Very unlikely. The campaign is centralized around the Chief. We are learning his story. It's unlikely that we'll play as anyone besides the Chief. And Multiplayer has a story to it, Forerunner presence wouldn't make sense.

It turning out that allot of the Forerunners are really, really bad would be more interesting to me. They've stayed at the fringes of the story being these pseudo-devine, but pretty much good (since they are fighting the flood) guys for too long. It would be interesting if it turns out they started trying to exterminate themselves along with the Flood.

And no one lecture me on the book. Please.