Why do people not care about elites?

x Alduin x

Yes, but this has been too soon. Why us, the Humans; the Spartans will still be there. I personally feel that it is selfish to get rid of the Sangheili. Selfish.

343 probably didnt want to devote the time making a comparable set of cosmetic armor for the Elites. Simply a matter of production. Its a hard choice for them, but it probably came down to the fact that most people dont use Elites and don't care.

• Like 1

I don't care about the campaign but i don't want to see them in multiplayer, I want it to stay as the original red vs blue.

Answer me these, are you challenged?

Sangheili have been in Halo as long as there was Multiplayer, that's just plain dumb.

Answer me these, are you challenged?

Sangheili have been in Halo as long as there was Multiplayer, that's just plain dumb.

Stop being a ****. Also, Halo 1 had multiplayer without elites, even moreso if you count Halo for the PC. Considering ODST and Reach, you only have two Halo games with Elites.

• Like 1

Stop being a ****. Also, Halo 1 had multiplayer without elites, even moreso if you count Halo for the PC. Considering ODST and Reach, you only have two Halo games with Elites.

No, because Halo: CE, had no Matchmaking online, and Halo 3: ODST, was an add-on to Halo 3, hence the name similarity that's why there was not Sangheili in them. You sir, are incorrect.

No, because Halo: CE, had no Matchmaking online, and Halo 3: ODST, was an add-on to Halo 3, hence the name similarity that's why there was not Sangheili in them. You sir, are incorrect.

You said Multiplayer. Halo 1 had multiplayer, maybe not matchmaking but multiplayer nonetheless. And Halo PC was a full on multiplayer suite for connecting to people's servers. You didn't specify "matchmaking". If you had youd be right.

You said Multiplayer. Halo 1 had multiplayer, maybe not matchmaking but multiplayer nonetheless. And Halo PC was a full on multiplayer suite for connecting to people's servers. You didn't specify "matchmaking". If you had youd be right.

Multiplayer and Matchmaking are very similar, they are the same, in this case I meant one of or the other.

The elites will more than likely be playable in Halo 4, just not in Matchmaking or Campaign.

Elites will live on, but are not a focal point in Halo 4 like they were in previous games. Who knows what Halo 5 will bring?

As far as the OP, the reason people aren't in an uproar about it is because the majority of players play as Spartans. They view the players who play as elites amusing or annoying, and either way it doesn't effect their play-style that much. That's why people don't seem to care. People are selfish, and think about themselves more often than not.

Okay well...I love being an elite and I'm fine with them not being in MP but at some point I would like to see the Arbiter either in campaign or in whatever kinda Ops thing they come up with. Offline games with my friends is usually the only time I play as an Elite anyways.

There's a difference between liking Elites as far as playing them, and devoting 2/4 of your life studying them and following their beliefs and faiths.

So, when elites will not be playable, I will need to "accept and adapt to it"?

Well, I will accept it, by not playing the game! Without them its just kind of regular game with space marines in it. They were the reason I ever became HALO fan. HALO CE did not have a value for me until the story became to be less about: exterminate all alien scum, since they are all evil life sucking freaky and ugly monsters. Elites prove to be something very interesting and story changing on so many levels. All alien life stopped being just one big evil cliché and humans stopped being one big good "we will show you what we are made of" cliché (well, if you note, that the whole Spartan program is kind of immoral, it is one big manipulation and few leaders attempt to control all human worlds with - kind of absolute - power).

If they want to make humans on their own again, I can barely understand why would I personally be interested in the story. If they want to make elites enemies with humans again, I would feel like this is kind of worldofwarcraftish idea, where you try to explain the gameplay by poor reasoning and creating one needless everlasting conflict. Humans maybe hate elites, but they hate covenant as the whole. I don't see a reason, they would turn against only elites just like that because of vengeance. Well, since they lost almost everything in the past conflict and they just don't have so many resources.

As for elites, they never really hated humans. At least the hatred for humanity did not come from their reasoning. They learned respect towards humans and they felt ashamed by letting the prophets lead the to slaughter the humans. If I recall correctly, I think that elites even tried to convince prophets to let humans join the covenant. So, the thing is (I think), they have keep no animosity towards humans at all.

AND, if developers claim, that Master Chief will face a threat even worse than before (worse than the flood), I can hardly think of any way he could defeat it without Elites help. Neither humanity or the rest of the covenant have resources to stand against anything, which is more powerful than Flood. Not on their own. I personally would hate if humans and elites turned against each other again just because they are aliens to each other. Thats just kind of lame and it will not help anyone. It will help only the gameplay, since you will have more things to shoot at. But then again, HALO was never just about shooting things, I think that one of the developers said exactly something like that.

So, to make some summary - I think that it is only reasonable and logical for elites to be in the game AND to be on the same side as humans. For that, I can hardly see any reason, why would no multi-player map had the option for players to play as an elite. In HALO Reach you had some maps, where you could only play as Spartans, some maps, where you could play on Spartans side or on Elites side. I think that in Slayer mode, you could choose if you wanted to be human or elite. So whats the catch about not permitting this choice as well? I understand that they want to make some story multi-player modes (even though I can hardly understand, how this will work, I have never heard of anything like that before). But what prevents anybody from making them viable in the stupid slayer mode for example?

I think that bunch of people (including me) play their favorite games not for the gameplay, not for the mechanics, not for the special abilities, but for the overall feel from it, the atmosphere, the story. If they feel more for proud warriors then for genetically enhanced super-soldiers, it will kind of ruin that feel for them. So if I must play Spartan instead of elite, I will buy the game, I will complete the campaign, but thats it. I think that there will be nothing more in it for me. We will see if I am mistaken or not, but that is MY point of view.

Thank you very much for your patience while reading all this.

Well, I will accept it, by not playing the game! Without them its just kind of regular game with space marines in it. They were the reason I ever became HALO fan. HALO CE did not have a value for me until the story became to be less about: exterminate all alien scum, since they are all evil life sucking freaky and ugly monsters. Elites prove to be something very interesting and story changing on so many levels. All alien life stopped being just one big evil cliché and humans stopped being one big good "we will show you what we are made of" cliché (well, if you note, that the whole Spartan program is kind of immoral, it is one big manipulation and few leaders attempt to control all human worlds with - kind of absolute - power).

If they want to make humans on their own again, I can barely understand why would I personally be interested in the story. If they want to make elites enemies with humans again, I would feel like this is kind of worldofwarcraftish idea, where you try to explain the gameplay by poor reasoning and creating one needless everlasting conflict. Humans maybe hate elites, but they hate covenant as the whole. I don't see a reason, they would turn against only elites just like that because of vengeance. Well, since they lost almost everything in the past conflict and they just don't have so many resources.

As for elites, they never really hated humans. At least the hatred for humanity did not come from their reasoning. They learned respect towards humans and they felt ashamed by letting the prophets lead the to slaughter the humans. If I recall correctly, I think that elites even tried to convince prophets to let humans join the covenant. So, the thing is (I think), they have keep no animosity towards humans at all.

AND, if developers claim, that Master Chief will face a threat even worse than before (worse than the flood), I can hardly think of any way he could defeat it without Elites help. Neither humanity or the rest of the covenant have resources to stand against anything, which is more powerful than Flood. Not on their own. I personally would hate if humans and elites turned against each other again just because they are aliens to each other. Thats just kind of lame and it will not help anyone. It will help only the gameplay, since you will have more things to shoot at. But then again, HALO was never just about shooting things, I think that one of the developers said exactly something like that.

So, to make some summary - I think that it is only reasonable and logical for elites to be in the game AND to be on the same side as humans. For that, I can hardly see any reason, why would no multi-player map had the option for players to play as an elite. In HALO Reach you had some maps, where you could only play as Spartans, some maps, where you could play on Spartans side or on Elites side. I think that in Slayer mode, you could choose if you wanted to be human or elite. So whats the catch about not permitting this choice as well? I understand that they want to make some story multi-player modes (even though I can hardly understand, how this will work, I have never heard of anything like that before). But what prevents anybody from making them viable in the stupid slayer mode for example?

I think that bunch of people (including me) play their favorite games not for the gameplay, not for the mechanics, not for the special abilities, but for the overall feel from it, the atmosphere, the story. If they feel more for proud warriors then for genetically enhanced super-soldiers, it will kind of ruin that feel for them. So if I must play Spartan instead of elite, I will buy the game, I will complete the campaign, but thats it. I think that there will be nothing more in it for me. We will see if I am mistaken or not, but that is MY point of view.

I agree, but if they are playable in Custom Games and Forge, that is fine. That will be great. The way we thought of it, is that they would not be in them, at all, even to play.

Okay wall of text. Let's begin, shall we?

Spartans are in multiplayer. Period. The game revolved around the Chief. There's no question that they are in. You say CE didn't capture you're attention because you couldn't play as an elite, so I assume you were absolutely thrilled when Halo 2 allowed this, correct? So now, we have Halo 4. A brand new game to start off a second trilogy, and to top it off, now there is a reason why red spartans fight blue spartans. It's all a training exercise aboard the UNSC Infinity. The maps take place inside a holodeck (think Star Trek). So why would the UNSC have their spartans train as elites, instead of in their natural form as Spartans? It doesn't make sense, from a story perspective.

As for elites fighting humans and humans fighting elites, we don't have enough background information to know what is going on. Chances are they are a separatist group (think Star Wars: Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith separatists) that want nothing to do with the new government, yada yada.

Now, for your feelings on the matter. Playing a game not for the gameplay, mechanics, not for the abilities, etc, and you are playing for story, then what does it matter that elites are not in the multiplayer side of things? Honestly? I don't mean to come off as rude, I'm just curious. Where was the story behind them being in the multiplayer of Halo 2 or 3? Strictly from the campaign?

I understand where you are upset about not being able to play as elites in matchmaking, but like Fal'Taralumee said, if they are playable in Custom Games and Forge, would that be okay? What about a dedicated section, like the so called rumored "Elite Ops"? There is still a lot of unknown information, and the game is still 6 months away. Who knows what surprises 343 may have up their sleeves?

That's the thing though, you say that they aren't needed, perhaps not to you but others. What? You think we shall simply pick up and change to a Human, blasphemy, that's the worst idea I have ever heard of.

You may not need them, but the hundreds; thousands of warriors that now bare the name Sangheili, will be saddened when they do not have that extra option any longer, they will return to Halo 3 and Reach. I for one, will complete the Campaign and then return to Sangheili playable games, my opinion.

~ Paarthurnax ~

yeah we are really going to miss you on halo 4.

if you think that the spartan program is an immoral act, then you should look at the sanghelli one more closely. in order to become a strong sanghelli, you have to fight your way to the top like survival of the fittest and the ones that dont end up dead. now compare this to the entire species and there are hundreds of thousands of lives being wassted because they got defeated by another sanghelli trying to strengthen themselves and alot this happens when they are growing up before they are adults.

I would suggest that you read Halo Glasslands which goes into why the Elites would turn on the elites. Although the arbiter and a few followers like the humans and a fleet rebelling the covenent, doesnt speak for all of the elites back on their homeworld. After halo 3 the arbiter goes back to try to start a government sided with the humans, but most elites dont like the humans and see them as a unhonerable race and liars and cheaters and would rather wipe them out then face that threat again. the rebel forces could have possible made a division in the sanghelli homeworld and that would make the humans having elites as an ally and the rebel elites as an enemy. I could go into more detail but you should just read the book

they're a lots of more powerful allies out there then the sanghelli and why do you doubt the humanities power? humans had to go up against a covenent of alians that trumped the human population before the war and all they had to focus on as elites were to be warriors while the prophets worried about technological improvement and guidance and the lower species had to just worry about keeping the covenent econemy stable. after the human covenent war it talks about elites having no idea how to run a planet and grow food becuase for thousands of years they were warriors and forgot all of their past dealings.

how do you expect a logical explanation being to put humans with a species that had just decimated hundreds of human planets and for a species that is in total chaos on their homeworld. as for multiplayer there is no reason for elites to be on the infinity (as far as we know so far). if you really care about the story that much then you should trust 343 with this because they care a whole lot more about the story then bungie did. they have put way morer time into this then you have thought about it and they have been going to work to figure out how to make a new story that will still relate to halo that everyone likes for the past 3 years.

Im not trying to be mean or anything im just stateing a rebuttle for your argument.

• Like 1

uuuuuummmmmmmm you know elites arent like ancient egyptions right there just aliens in a video game.

you dont have right to judge what someone else thinks and cares about in life even if it is just a video game, god to some people is just fake idea but to others its their life.

but you also have a point in that there is little uplifting morals or value in the sanghelli fleet as a religious view but as a hobby or having a group of friends who share the same interest.

you dont have right to judge what someone else thinks and cares about in life...

Wth does that even mean? If someone is a rabid anti semite or a racist or a terrorist, do I not get to judge that behavior as stupid? So tired of hearing how we can't judge people. When someone is roleplaying out fictional aliens...he/she has a problem.

• Like 1

Oh no, a pointless non game-changing character skin isnt going to be playable on halo 4, DISASTER!

Your face is pointless, Sangheili are dominant, they always have been. They have the best clans on Halo, take the Sovereign Guard and the Crusading Spirit for example.