BTB/ Invasion test lobby being held 4/20/2012

Hello there. It seems you've come here for one of two reasons: You want to play some awsome new maps with a bunch of cool people; or you have a Big Team or Invasion map that you've created and want to playtest it and get valuable feedback.

Wheter you're a casual player, MLG fan, vehicle fanatic, or just like to relax with some cool people, this playtest customs lobby is for you. Now, before i get onto the details, i'd like to give you some basic information on what playtesting is and why you're vital to the process.

Playtesting is a critical stage in the development of a map, and the more a map recieves, the better it becomes. It's also the longest phase of building a map, taking as much as 3/5ths to 2/3rdsof the actual development of a map. It's the stage when maps are played on to find problems with the map, and the more it's played on, the more problems can be found and fixed. The very maps you've played on in matchmaking are the result of dozens of matches played on them, with each game played having some kind of tweak or another that fixed an issue present on the previous version played. When a player finds an isuue, they tell the lobby in the post-game lobby and voice their opinion on what they liked and don't like. This is known to forgers and playtesters as "giving feedback"

You yourself are a vital part of this playtesting phase because you are unique. You playstyle is unique and different than anyone else. You'll approch the same bridge differently and drive into areas that no one else has or snipe from the trickiest of ledges to get to, and any problems you encouter is valuable information. The way you play allows for the designer to address all sorts of issues to make the map as perfect as possible. You opinions are vital to the progress of any map, so become a playtester by joining our customs lobby and have your voice heard.

Who knows? Maybe you'll get to play on the next map that's going to be featured in you favorite playlist.

------The details for this Friday night test lobby (how to sign up, how to request you map to be played, and rules) will be posted below. This may even become a regular thing here at 343i.org.----

There will be two roles in this lobby, playtester, and forger, but there's really no difference other than name.

Here's the breakdown of the roles

Playtester- You just want to have a good time. don't have a map? No problem! you just need to play, and state 3 things: 1) What you DIDN'T like, and why; 2) What you DID like and; 3)any issue you found with the map

Forger- Bring a map! Write up a map request, and we'll play it and give you feedback to improve it. If it's not your map, you have the same obligations as a playtester, which is just to give some simple feedback.

Now for the most important part of any structured customs lobby, The Rules.

-Leader will be passed around, no leader nazi-ing. You got a map that you've requesed to play? we'll put it in a que

-Maps that are a priority (relevent to the test theme- i.e. BTB, 4v4, action sack, ect...)

that are requested will be played first. Then the order will be a mix of maps from Blueprint that are relevant, (max of 4) then Non-relevant map requests, then a popular vote of minigames, competitive maps, and basically anything else, even matchmaking!

-No yelling, screaming, playing loud music into the mic, or other ear-raping activities

-Leaving early is frowned upon, so make sure to invite someone (preferralby with a mic) before you leave

-no use of exccessive swearing, bigotry, racist comments, insults, or making terrible jokes

-People who requestes their maps to be played by posting on 343i.org will be played first, and requests for maps not in the "qeue" will be played later.

-most importantly, Have a good time!

There are 2 submission forms, one is the basic playtester, and the other is the Forger submission. please copy the form, paste it into the reply box, and fill out the information. *note, since b.net online fileshares are down, please list map TAGS that are on you map. If none are added, add one with the title of the map being the tag.

Forger's sumission template

Map name-

Genre-(BTB, team slayer, minigame, race, invasion, ect...)

Playercount-

Tags-

Budget left-

performance-(noticeable framerate lag, splitscreen performance, z-fighting/flickering, Disco, ect...)

Breif Description-

Playtesters submission template (include in Forger's submission)

Gamertag-

Mic available-

time available EST-

Additional players Optional-

• Like 1

The very first FTW (Friday Night Testing With Awsome Maps) is going to begin Tonight!

I'll be setting up a PGLG (Pre-Game Lobby Game) at 7:30 pm EST , and will start be used to fill up the lobby in style. The first FTW will begin at around 8:00pm EST, depending on how quickly or not we'll fill up the lobby.

Since Today's the first FTW, let me explain how this week's customs lobby will be handled. I'll be sure to keep it short this time. First off is the PGLG, which will be capped at 10 players. This is to "get the ball rolling" per saying.

Next we'll start the official Lineup which will go a little something like this:

1) The party cap will be increased to 12 players. Invasion maps that have been requested to be tested here will go first. If none are present, we'll play some Blueprint invasion maps that need testing.

2) Once we're done with invasion, we'll open up the party up to 16 players and play some BTB maps requested, again, if none are present, i'll put on some BP-BTB maps that need testing.

3) This part is if, and ONLY IF we don't have any maps that were requested to be played on via 343i.org, in this post specifically. Now, back to what it is. We'll play a maximum of 3 invasion maps from Blueprint and 3 BTB maps from Blueprint.

4) This is the end of the testing maps part. Beyond this point, no feedback is needed, unless someone puts on a map and requests feedback on it. Yes, this is the part where leader will be passes around, and we'll get to play whatever you want. But please, no party-nazi-ing or booting other players to lower the playercount. Regular rules still apply here.

There's this friday's lineup, and please, tell a friend or two!

Also, the custom lobby's name is subject to change, so please, Suggest a new name and i'll take it into consideration!