New weapon revealed on the new Xbox 360 Magazine

It's obviously UNSC and I'd say it's probably called an AWE. Maybe 'A' stands for 'accelerated' (this would fit in with the GAUSS idea) and 'E' for 'energy'.

Accelerated

Weaponized

Energy

Awe

Weapon confirmed to be a railgun!:

wort? :o An "ARC Gun", eh? I could get used to saying that.

But I wonder... It looks heavy. I wonder how heavy it is. It holds like any other rifle-type weapon - one hand on the grip, the other under the barrel. It's bigger than every other UNSC rifle I've seen. Maybe it's for SPARTAN hands only? Though maybe Dutch could heft it without too much strain.

As for the "AWEsome", I think maybe it was in reference to George W's "Shock and Awe".*

Or, and more likely, it could just be an innocent bit of emphasis on the part of the author to show his excitement over a new in-game toy. :yes

* Warning: If you're American and have a humorless patriotic side that may have supported GWB when he was in office... don't click the button, don't read the

The implication being that the weapon will instill you with a false sense of pride and confidence in your ability to get the job done.

Burn! :rofl:

:lol: *sigh* :mellow: Okay. Maybe I've been watching too much Daily Show with Jon Stewart. :sorry: